Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

I Will Compel All Nominees For Political Appointment To Declare Their Assets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Compel All Nominees For Political Appointment To Declare Their Assets (385 Views)

Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers / Governor Tambuwal, Deputy Declare Their Assets / Buhari And Osinbajo Declare Their Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Compel All Nominees For Political Appointment To Declare Their Assets by vycee01: 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
I will compel all nominees for political appointment to declare their assets – Buhari

Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, President-Elect
President elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, has recently announced that all candidates seeking for political appointment in his administration will be compelled to declare their assets before taking office and before leaving.

Buhari, who disclosed this in an interview with Sahara TV on Sunday, April 12, said the total disclosure would encourage accountability and reduce corruption in the system.

He said, “All those that were Governors, Ministers, Permanent Secretaries, Head of foreign staff and all those with political appointments will have to declare their assets on the assumption of their appointment and definitely with the courts.

“And once they leave they have to re-declare their assets.”

He asserted that his administration would not “become embroiled in investigation of every ministry, and then not have time to move forward.”

http://www.post-nigeria.com/i-will-compel-all-nominees-for-political-appointment-to-declare-their-assets-buhari/

(1) (Reply)

We Were Forced To Rig In Favour Of Apc-imo State / Photo: Oyo State Governor, Abiola Ajimobi Receives Certificate Of Return. / Hot Morning News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.