Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In (19353 Views)

The Fraud In Buhari’s Govt: When Will DSS, EFCC, ICPC Act Accordingly? By Fayose / Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG / Two Ministerial Nominees Declare To Work For Free Without Payment When Sworn In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by lalasticlala(m): 5:30pm On Apr 13, 2015
PORT HARCOURT: Governorship elect in Rivers state, Barr Nyesom Wike has promised to pursue the coming good of the state.

Wike who spoke Monday after he was declared winner of the governorship election said he would run a transparent administration as governor.

“I will dto the best of my ability and with the fear of God develop a new Rivers State where opportunities for growth will be open to everyone resident in the state. Under my leadership, we shall all form a common front to ensure development for all communities.

“We will not persecute anyone, but we shall remain focused on the urgent needs of development across the state and the need to empower the vast majority of our people. We will run a transparent administration that will be fully accountable to the people, ensuring that Rivers people get value for their resources”.

Wike was formerly declared winner of last Saturday’s governorship election in Rivers state, polling a total of 1,029,102 votes amounting to 87.77 percent to beat Dr Dakuku Peterside of the All Progressive Congress, APC who had 124,896 votes amounting to 10.65 percent to come a distant second.

The Returning Officer, Prof Faraday Oruwense announced the result at the Rivers state office.of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC in Port Harcourt in the early hours of.today, saying that Prince Tonye Princewill of the Labour Party (LP), polled 10,142 (0.86 per cent) to come third.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/wike-promises-a-transparent-govt-when-sworn-in/

3 Likes

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by xavier0327(f): 5:32pm On Apr 13, 2015
We don hear
Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by Sweetguy25: 5:33pm On Apr 13, 2015
I believe you sir. Confirmed pastor pikin.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by ozoigbondu: 5:33pm On Apr 13, 2015
Wiked Wike the choice of the good people of Rivers.A grassroot politician and man of the people to the core.

Wike Will Work

24 Likes

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by akinsadeez(m): 5:33pm On Apr 13, 2015
He must be kidding himself if he thinks that sham of an election would stand. I won't be surprised at all if the election in Rivers is cancelled by the court. All the local and international observers have come out to say that the elections in Rivers did not meet the minimum standard of conducting elections anywhere.

All Patience jonathan and the crook of a Rec have done is ensure that Wike is sworn in on May 29, but they won't keep him there forever. By the time the case gets to court, Jonathan and his wife would be out of power. Wike will soon experience what Olagunsoye Oyinlola and the likes experienced. Rigging can only get you into the post temporarily, it wont keep you there.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by Dracula27: 5:35pm On Apr 13, 2015
My chiiiief !!
Nyerishi !!
I salute you !

2 Likes

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 13, 2015
Talk is Cheap tongue

4 Likes

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 13, 2015
wiked wike,lol
Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by morhsuud22(m): 5:41pm On Apr 13, 2015
Something seems off about this man

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by XtraSmooth404: 5:43pm On Apr 13, 2015
Kinda obvious Amaechi is just a noise maker. Couldn't even deliver Rivers state during presidential and governorship elections for his party undecided

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by not4sure(m): 5:46pm On Apr 13, 2015
It is obvious that is Rivers people choice but he failed in ministry of education

3 Likes

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by SeverusSnape(m): 5:46pm On Apr 13, 2015
akinsadeez:
[s]He must be kidding himself if he thinks that sham of an election would stand. I won't be surprised at all if the election in Rivers is cancelled by the court. All the local and international observers have come out to say that the elections in Rivers did not meet the minimum standard of conducting elections anywhere.

All Patience jonathan and the crook of a Rec have done is ensure that Wike is sworn in on May 29, but they won't keep him there forever. By the time the case gets to court, Jonathan and his wife would be out of power. Wike will soon experience what Olagunsoye Oyinlola and the likes experienced. Rigging can only get you into the post temporarily, it wont keep you there.[/s]
Rubbish!!!... No fvucking court will cancel the choice of Rivers people.Even Amaechi knows that if he contests for councillor in his ward, He'll lose woefully, Rivers people don't want APC, Simple!...can't you guys comprehend that

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 13, 2015
Wike!!!!

We trust you shall deliver! !!!

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 13, 2015
akinsadeez:
He must be kidding himself if he thinks that sham of an election would stand. I won't be surprised at all if the election in Rivers is cancelled by the court. All the local and international observers have come out to say that the elections in Rivers did not meet the minimum standard of conducting elections anywhere.

All Patience jonathan and the crook of a Rec have done is ensure that Wike is sworn in on May 29, but they won't keep him there forever. By the time the case gets to court, Jonathan and his wife would be out of power. Wike will soon experience what Olagunsoye Oyinlola and the likes experienced. Rigging can only get you into the post temporarily, it wont keep you there.

Crying by the rivers of Babylon..... grin grin grin

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by ozoigbondu: 5:52pm On Apr 13, 2015
akinsadeez:

Ranting of an inconsequential ant tongue tongue tongue

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by SeverusSnape(m): 5:52pm On Apr 13, 2015
dearpreye:

Crying by the rivers of Babylon..... grin grin grin
Hehehehehehehehehehe...
Very pathetic set of people they are.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by SeverusSnape(m): 5:53pm On Apr 13, 2015
ozoigbondu:

Ranting of an inconsequential ant
As in eh... You even tried by calling him "Ant", He's a nonentity in the scheme of things.

4 Likes

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 13, 2015
My people why must APC always be abusive and violent when they loss any election. They never congratulate the winner or show any atom of sportmanship.

Is this the change they offer to us, anyway that's their nature as Buhari never concede nor accept defect before now.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by megacity: 5:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
akinsadeez:

Its reasonable to say that Wike won the electon. It is not easy to rig every polling unit and every local govt in a big state like Rivers

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Hehehehehehehehehehe...
Very pathetic set of people they are.

They are a very despicable set of people, incapable of being happy at the success of others. ..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by ozoigbondu: 5:55pm On Apr 13, 2015
SeverusSnape:

As in eh... You even tried by calling him "Ant", He's a nonentity in the scheme of things.

Never mind the haters

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 13, 2015
Dominiquez:
My people why must APC always be abusive and violent when they loss any election. They never congratulate the winner or show any atom of sportmanship.

Is this the change they offer to us, anyway that's nature as Buhari never concede defect before now.

Like boss like supporters!

They're simply following in the steps of their boss, GMB!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by englishmart(m): 5:55pm On Apr 13, 2015
am tired of all these lies.
Just go there, loot like your mates and go

6 Likes

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by Firefire(m): 5:57pm On Apr 13, 2015
akinsadeez:
[s]He must be kidding himself if he thinks that sham of an election would stand. I won't be surprised at all if the election in Rivers is cancelled by the court. All the local and international observers have come out to say that the elections in Rivers did not meet the minimum standard of conducting elections anywhere.

All Patience jonathan and the crook of a Rec have done is ensure that Wike is sworn in on May 29, but they won't keep him there forever. By the time the case gets to court, Jonathan and his wife would be out of power. Wike will soon experience what Olagunsoye Oyinlola and the likes experienced. Rigging can only get you into the post temporarily, it wont keep you there[/s].

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by abduljabbar4(m): 5:59pm On Apr 13, 2015
I knew this guy would win but why did he kill his people and rigged the election? Anyway, before one f00l starts calling me a hater, congratulations to Wike and his fans

1 Like

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 13, 2015
Can't wait for this man to be sworn in. A great politician to mentor

3 Likes

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by chymystique(f): 6:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
Pls WhiCh of the Wike? Is it the former minister of EduCation who couldnt handle his portifolio... hmmmm, well lets watch and see.. I pray he fufils his promises to the people of his state...

3 Likes

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 13, 2015
abduljabbar4:
I knew this guy would win but why did he kill his people and rigged the election? Anyway, before one f00l starts calling me a hater, congratulations to Wike and his fans

Do u know it takes two to fight?

3 Likes

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by akinsadeez(m): 6:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
Dominiquez:

Is this the change they offer to us, anyway that's their nature as Buhari never concede nor accept defect before now.

No one is saying he should not win. But if you want to win, win fairly. PDP candidates won in some of the States without any hoopla. You guys are all jizzing your shorts because PDP won in Rivers but even the victory in Rivers does not change the reality that PDP no longer has a majority of the states in Nigeria. Its time for change in Nigeria and even if we dash you rivers state, it makes no difference. grin

4 Likes

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 13, 2015
akinsadeez:

No one is saying he should not win. But if you want to win, win fairly. PDP candidates won in some of the States without any hoopla. You guys are all jizzing your shorts because PDP won in Rivers but even the victory in Rivers does not change the reality that PDP no longer has a majority of the states in Nigeria. Its time for change in Nigeria and even if we dash you rivers state, it makes no difference. grin

I'm sorry. To us here, it's makes a WHOLE lot of difference. The election was more about taming the Lion of Ubima than it was about Wike winning. Even GMB knows how significant Rivets is to the centre; ONLY you thinks otherwise.

But overall, we should be happy with the political twists. ..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by TRADELYN: 6:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
shocked
Hahaha...funny man!

That Labour party candidate is the best man for the job.

Sadly, his party is weak. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Wike Promises A Transparent Govt When Sworn In by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 13, 2015
LIES EVERYWHERE

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Burns Down Chibok Village / Buhari Will Hand Over To ANN In 2019, Party Assures Nigerians / Man Treks From Zaria To Abuja For Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.