Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

We Will Rescue Chibok Girls, Bring Them Home If… – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Rescue Chibok Girls, Bring Them Home If… – Buhari (1041 Views)

Herdsmen: Full Text Of Buhari's Order to Bring Them To Justice / Senators Under Threat Over Jeeps, Don’t Bring Them Home, Constituents Warn / FG Will Rescue Chibok Girls Before May 29 – Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Rescue Chibok Girls, Bring Them Home If… – Buhari by eleven(m): 9:00pm On Apr 13, 2015
One year anniversary: We will rescue chibok girls, bring them home if… – Buhari

on april 13, 2015 at 8:17 pm in news
Facebook Share Twitter Share

By Levinus Nwabughiogu

ABUJA – Nigeria’s President-Elect, General Mohammadu Buhari has assured parents of the over 200 missing chibok girls that his government would rescue and bring back him their children.

He however said that the rescue mission was dependent on whether the girls were not still alive as he does not have the information for now.

IVORY COAST, Abidjan : A woman holds a sign to call for the release of more than 200 schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram militants on May 19, 2014 during a sit-in organised by Human Rights organisations in Abidjan. The "#bringbackourgirls" slogan has become a huge global phenomenon following the abductions Nigerian girls by Boko Harm AFP PHOTO

IVORY COAST, Abidjan : A woman holds a sign to call for the release of more than 200 schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram militants on May 19, 2014 during a sit-in organised by Human Rights organisations in Abidjan. The “#bringbackourgirls” slogan has become a huge global phenomenon following the abductions Nigerian girls by Boko Harm AFP PHOTO

Buhari who gave this assurance to mark the first anniversary of the sad development also promised to educate the girls as against the creed of Boko Haram that “western education is evil”.

It will be recalled that today marked the first year since the 276 girls were kidnapped by the members of boko haram from their school in Chibok, Borno State.

The President-Elect in a statement from Daura, Katsina State from his first day of his administration, boko haram would be met with the collective will of the Nigerian people.
The statement read thus: “Today we remember the kidnapping of 276 girls from a school in Chibok one year ago. This crime has rightly caused outrage both in Nigeria and across the world.

“Today is a time to reflect on the pain and suffering of the victims, their friends and families. Our thoughts and prayers, and that of the whole Nigerian Nation, are with you today.

“I want to assure all of them, and particularly the parents, that when my new Administration takes office at the end of May, we will do everything we can to defeat Boko Haram. We will act differently from the Government we replace: we hear the anguish of our citizens and intend to respond accordingly.

“This new approach must also begin with honesty. We do not know if the Chibok girls can be rescued. Their whereabouts remain unknown. As much as I wish to, I cannot promise that we can find them.

But I say to every parent, family member and friend of the children that my Government will do everything in its power to bring them home.

“What I can pledge, with absolute certainty, is that starting on the first day of my Administration Boko Haram will know the strength of our collective will and commitment to rid this nation of terror, and bring back peace and normalcy to all the affected areas.

“Boko Haram” means “Western Education is Sinful”. When they are defeated militarily, as they will be, we will ensure our citizens in the affected areas have improved educational opportunities as a direct counterbalance to Boko Haram’s twisted ideology. In particular we will educate ever more young girls ensuring they are empowered as citizens of Nigeria.

“Let us use this anniversary to remind each other that the attack on Chibok was an attack on the dreams and aspirations of our young people.

“We stand united in our pledge to resist terror in Nigeria– not just through military means but also through the power of opportunity and the hope of a better future for all”.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/one-year-anniversary-we-will-rescue-chibok-girls-bring-them-home-if-buhari/
Re: We Will Rescue Chibok Girls, Bring Them Home If… – Buhari by todayguest(m): 9:21pm On Apr 13, 2015
I wish you well in all your efforts to make iNigeria safe and secure. For the Chibok school girls, my heart, thoughts and prayers are with them and families. However, "Change is hard, To bring change is harder" Barrack Obama.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Rescue Chibok Girls, Bring Them Home If… – Buhari by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
Our able Presido is talking.

May God grant you the grace.

Sai General Mohammed Buhari okechukwu Akintunde Oluwakayode.

1 Like

Re: We Will Rescue Chibok Girls, Bring Them Home If… – Buhari by Anistef: 9:30pm On Apr 13, 2015
My prayer and heart goes to al d missing girls, I cn imagine d pains their parents re facing. Surly God ll bring u bck to ur homes safely
Re: We Will Rescue Chibok Girls, Bring Them Home If… – Buhari by Samunique(m): 9:35pm On Apr 13, 2015
Don't worry GMB, the game is almost over and the goal has been archived, the chibok girls we soon be released from their captivity, some nigerians with discerning hearts have already known this.
Re: We Will Rescue Chibok Girls, Bring Them Home If… – Buhari by frankyychiji(f): 9:39pm On Apr 13, 2015
You promise to bring them back....on the other hand you cannot promise you would bring them back. grin

#saiBabalawo

cc: tit
Re: We Will Rescue Chibok Girls, Bring Them Home If… – Buhari by dipopoo(m): 9:48pm On Apr 13, 2015
frankyychiji:
You promise to bring them back....on the other hand you cannot promise you would bring them back. grin

#saiBabalawo

cc: tit

Nigerians have nt seen anything, GMB has nothing to offer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Will Rescue Chibok Girls, Bring Them Home If… – Buhari by abduljabbar8: 10:02pm On Apr 13, 2015
dipopoo:

Nigerians have nt seen anything, GMB has nothing to offer.
And what did gej offer?

1 Like

Re: We Will Rescue Chibok Girls, Bring Them Home If… – Buhari by dipopoo(m): 10:04pm On Apr 13, 2015
abduljabbar8:

And what did gej offer?

We ar waiting for what GMB will offer you
Re: We Will Rescue Chibok Girls, Bring Them Home If… – Buhari by Welrez(m): 10:05pm On Apr 13, 2015
I wish you the best in your efforts to bring the girls back.

(1) (Reply)

Xenophobic Attack: Abike Dabiri Tells Nigerians To Reciprocate SA Treatment / Jonathan Appoints Solomon Arase To Replace IGP Suleiman Abba / Is Buhari Already Rejecting Confab Report And True Federalism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.