Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! (8593 Views)

So Chamillionaire Is Nigerian, Nas Nko? / Is Chamillionaire A Nigerian? / Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian Y'all ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by saintkola(m): 11:42am On Sep 07, 2006
its been confirmed dat chamillionaire is a nigerian but funny enough, he's showing it, a'int he proud 2 be a nigerian ? guess is real name ? HAKEEM SERIKI !!!

Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by BlackMamba(m): 6:18pm On Sep 07, 2006
Confirmed by who? You and your homies after smoking trees, I guess.
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by stanech: 7:12pm On Sep 07, 2006
Na wah oh shocked shocked
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by queen2(f): 9:53pm On Sep 07, 2006
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by carlysia(f): 12:10am On Sep 10, 2006
if its true dats good.they see me rollin they hate it
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by Karl: 12:20pm On Sep 10, 2006
Its true he's a nigerian ,real names HAKEEM SERIKI!

1 Like

Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by xxshawtyxx(f): 12:51pm On Sep 10, 2006
old new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by Jackal(m): 10:08am On Sep 12, 2006
Of course, he is a Nigerian.
He grew up in a strict household with his Muslim father and Christian mother, where secular music was banned until his parents split up in his early teens. Despite these settings, he considers himself a Christian.

His brother's name is Rasaq Seriki and they are based in Houston, Texas.
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by Prince001(m): 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2006
Guys please stop arguing about this issue.If this guy is Nigerian or not,na wetin we want get from that.As far as am concern i no care.This so call rappers are stupid and greedy.Since,i never see anyone of them that try to help their folks,then just dey interested in buying blood diamonds from Africa.Check out the whites actor and actress coming to Africa to help the poor but this stupid rappers Never have in on their agenda.Guys think deeply we dey suffer!!
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by stanech: 6:14am On Feb 14, 2007
Prince001:

Guys please stop arguing about this issue.If this guy is Nigerian or not,na wetin we want get from that.As far as am concern i no care.This so call rappers are stupid and greedy.Since,i never see anyone of them that try to help their folks,then just dey interested in buying blood diamonds from Africa.Check out the whites actor and actress coming to Africa to help the poor but this stupid rappers Never have in on their agenda.Guys think deeply we dey suffer!!

Na u make the money 4 am abi??"?
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by BigShishi(m): 1:55pm On Feb 14, 2007
he is from Abeokuta!!

1 Like

Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by naijafan(m): 2:06pm On Feb 14, 2007
Big Shishi:

he is from Abeokuta!!
omo, na u sabi that one o
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by BigShishi(m): 3:22pm On Feb 14, 2007
Abeokuta is da home of legends, OBJ, FELA KUTI, SHISHI bIGGS

1 Like

Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 14, 2007
lipsrsealed
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by 2star(m): 4:42pm On Feb 14, 2007
Guys i heard he is from Kano state. used to roll with ediris abdulkareem, thats how he started. when ran aboard, he picked up a nice style. AKON knows that.
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by harpo(m): 6:06pm On Feb 14, 2007
U GUYS SHLD TAKE IT EAZY AND NOT SPREAD UNNECESARY GIST. NOTIN LIKE NAIJA WAS MENTIOND BELOW. CHECK OUT THIS LINK

www.answers.com/topic/chamillionaire

Library > People > Personalities Chamillionaire, Rapper

Born: 28 November 1979
Birthplace: Houston, Texas
Best Known As: Rapper who did the hit song "Ridin'"

Name at birth: Hakeem Seriki

Chamillionaire is the stage name of Hakeem Seriki, a Texas rapper who rocketed to stardom in 2006 with the singles "Turn It Up" and "Ridin'." Seriki got his start in the late 1990s, doing freestyle rap for SwishaHouse Records in Houston. He and rapper Paul Wall, a childhood friend, sold mixed tapes and CDs of themselves rapping over tracks that had been "chopped and screwed" (sonically manipulated down-tempo beats). Chamillionaire (a play on "chameleon" that's pronounced "KAmillionaire"wink made a name for himself in Texas as the "Mixtape Messiah," and a self-distributed 2002 release, Get Ya Mind Correct sold more than 100,000 copies and got nationwide attention as one of the year's best underground hip-hop records. After several self-released records, Chamillionaire joined Universal Records and released The Sound of Revenge in late 2005. A high profile on MTV and hit singles soon followed and by the end of 2006 Chamillionaire was a star.

Seriki's father was a Muslim and his mother was a Christian; they separated when he was a boy, He joined Ciara for "Get Up," the hit song from the movie Step Up (2006 starring Channing Tatum), The "Weird Al" Yankovic song "White & Nerdy" is a parody of Chamillionaire's "Ridin'."

FOUR GOOD LINKS

Chamillionaire
MySpace page with half a million "friends"
Chamillionaire
His official site, with tour news and merchandise
Profile of Chamillionaire
Charting his career from the '90s to '06
Doing It My Way
2006 interview on his early years in the business

Power-Funk Freestyles
Ill flows to ill beat boxing & bass Free MP3's.
powerfunk.org

Hip Hop & Urban Drinks
Find out the hot drinks in urban & hip hop lifestyle
www.urbankind.com

Pop Artist Library > People > Pop Artists
Born:
Nov 28, 1979 in Houston, Texas
Chamillionaire
Birth Name: Hakeem Seriki
Genre: Rap
Active: 2000s
Instrument: Guest Appearance
Biography
Dubbed "the Mixtape Messiah," Houston's Chamillionaire arrived late as a major-label artist during his city's 2005 takeover of mainstream rap -- the Top Ten Sound of Revenge, released during November that year, followed albums from Mike Jones, Slim Thug, and former Color Changin' Click partner Paul Wall -- but he had already built a loyal following outside the South and received significant print coverage. Through a prolific succession of mixtapes, Chamillionaire (born Hakeem Sediki) became known for his deep, versatile voice (he sings his own hooks very effectively) and lyrical ability. Originally part of Swishahouse, he switched to Paid in Full, where he and Paul Wall collaborated on 2002's Get Ya Mind Correct -- an album that sold 100,000 copies. Prior to inking his deal with Universal, he founded the Chamilitary label and began grooming the careers of brother Rasaq and 50/50 Twin. ~ Andy Kellman, All Music Guide

1 Like

Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by 2star(m): 6:20pm On Feb 14, 2007
nice work, really but i now think its his cousin am refering to
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by 3pledee(f): 2:39pm On Feb 15, 2007
it doesnt matter if he is nigerian or nt,,at least he's makin it.besides i dnt think he has denied us like our brotha, seal.
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by 3pledee(f): 2:48pm On Feb 15, 2007
i forgot this, my cuzn in vivian fowler actually told me he has some relative, dnt kw whether cuzn or wat in her class, i mean part proof he is nigerian.
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by 2star(m): 9:21am On Feb 16, 2007
You dont have to go far, cos am his cuzn. for real, but dont tell anybody ohh. between the two of us okay
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by royy(m): 3:19am On Feb 17, 2007
u no c hw he wowo, d dudeaint fyn dat shows he is nigerian tongue
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by chiogo(f): 11:47pm On Feb 17, 2007
Just because his name is hakeem doesn't make him Nigerian. African-Americans bear such names too. I have heard names that sound like nigerian names but they really not nigerians, like a friend of mine who is from Barbados told me her middle name is Ayo(yoruba name). I was surprised and i asked her where she got the name from and she said it's an african name and i specifically told her it was a nigerian name. she didn't even know where in africa. People name their kids names they do not know the meaning of, so long as it sounds nice to them, especially in america.But she's not even from america, Barbados is in the carribean and that's where Rihanna is from.This my friends first name is Jamila, which i believe is also a nigerian name (hausa). Well, chamillionaire might be nigerian but his name doesn't really justify that. So you know.
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by fainguy(m): 4:10pm On Feb 18, 2007
Yeah right!!!!! 50 cent is also a nigerian. His real names are Curtisudeen Jackson-oluwa.
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by alabiyemmy(m): 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2007
His father is Nigerian - read what "Wikipedia" wrote about him.

Originally, born in Washington D.C., Chamillionaire moved to Houston, Texas at the age of 4. After his parents, a Muslim father from Oyo State, Nigeria and a Christian mother separated in his early teenage years, Chamillionaire settled into a notoriously dangerous inner-city neighborhood in North West Houston called Acres Homes, which he elaborated upon during an interview with Houston's 104.9 KPTY on October 3. Rap and other forms of secular music, which his parents had highly opposed in their household, became very appealing to the young Hakeem Seriki. Inspired by local rap acts such as The Geto Boys, 8 Ball & MJG, and UGK, as well as other national acts such as N.W.A. and Public Enemy, Chamillionaire began to compose his own rhymes.

At a young age, Chamillionaire, along with fellow rap music artist and childhood friend Paul Wall, had decided to make music their careers. He began his musical career in a gospel rap group by the name of the "The Sleepwalkers” with former partners Paul Wall and TeRay "PKT" Green. They performed at many youth festivals and church gatherings before venturing into more secular music. Their music always had an edge to it and contained a dose of reality. One day while promoting themselves at a Texas event, he and Paul Wall ran into Michael 5000 Watts, a popular mixtape DJ from the Northside. After proposing to do promotions for Watts' company, the Swishahouse, Chamillionaire and Paul Wall came to Watts' studio and convinced Watts to allow them freestyle on an intro to Watts' radio show on Houston’s 97.9 The Box. Watts, who himself was convinced to rap on the record, enjoyed the freestyle so much that he put the verses on one of his mixtapes. The freestyle became so popular in the streets that Chamillionaire and Paul Wall became regular staples on Houston's mixtape circuit, appeared on several of Watts' mixtapes, and became permanent members of Swishahouse.

Although Paul Wall and Chamillionaire were making much noise in the streets by rapping on Watts' mixtapes, they, along with several other members of the Swishahouse, became frustrated with the lack of money they were receiving from the mixtapes. After fellow member Slim Thug left the label, Chamillionaire and Paul Wall followed and started their own mixtape group known as The Color Changin' Click. Each successive mixtape released by The Color Changin' Click led to more business opportunities; the most notable of which being a contract to do a full album for Paid in Full Records. A one album contract was then negotiated between the Color Changin' Click and Paid in Full's label head, DJ Madd Hatta from 97.9 The Box, and the CCC's first album, Get Ya Mind Correct, would go on to sell over 100,000 copies.

The sale of all these albums without the backing of a major deal caught the attention of several major labels wanting to sign Chamillionaire and Paul. Chamillionaire and his labelmates decided to remain independent, however, until the right deal came along. While working on his second album with the Color Changin' Click, Chamillionaire began to have creative differences with Paul Wall, so much so that it was decided that the two emcees should each release solo albums that would be packaged together. When Chamillionaire became dissatisfied with how things were being resolved, he left Paid in Full and his almost complete album after fulfilling his contractual obligations to focus on promoting his mixtape label Chamillitary instead.
Re: Chamillionaire Is A Nigerian ! by Jaybrizy(m): 10:26pm On Sep 24, 2017
BigShishi:
he is from Abeokuta!!
He is not from Abeokuta But From Lagos State.

Search Youtube for the Answer! Chamillionaire said it Himself.

(1) (Reply)

Illbliss Ft. Chidinma - Powerful / Calm Down By Rema (Official Video) / [download Full Album]: Asa – Bed Of Stone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.