Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,206 members, 7,836,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

The Truth About The Christian Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About The Christian Faith (923 Views)

3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith / Renouncing My Christian Faith / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About The Christian Faith by yommyuk: 8:39am On Apr 14, 2015
Many people consider Moses a biblical “pillar” of Old Testament days—a man without equal in godliness. And certainly, he encountered the presence of the Almighty in a most unusual way and was called to do mighty things with the Lord’s help. But, like us, he was a normal, sinful human being. What the New Testament commends him for is something we all can have: belief.

We, too, can watch His hand in our lives as we act on faith. When we trust Him and obey, God demonstrates His power and shows that He truly is Lord. By operating out of His strength and through our weakness, He teaches us to rely upon Him.

That’s not to say the path is easy; Jesus warned that the way of faith includes suffering. Indeed, many early Christians were beaten or killed for His sake, and faith is still met with harsh persecution in various places around the world. While that may not be our experience, each of us has encountered ridicule, misunderstanding, or lost friendships because we follow Christ.

Even mild persecution can cause us to question whether living out our faith is worth the sacrifice. The truth is, it’s the best way to live. God responds to faith by enabling His children to endure difficulty, demonstrating His power in their circumstances, and providing joy.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

2 Corinthians 5:7
We live by faith, not by sight.

Hebrews 12:2
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink
Re: The Truth About The Christian Faith by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 14, 2015
Sir next time you fall ill and it gets severe,boycott the hospital and keep faith alive.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Christian Faith by yommyuk: 11:32am On Apr 14, 2015
aaronson:
Sir next time you fall ill and it gets severe,boycott the hospital and keep faith alive.

Death will surely come one day to all of us. But our aim is to achieve what we were created to do in our life time.
Re: The Truth About The Christian Faith by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
yommyuk:

Death will surely come one day to all of us. But our aim is to achieve what we were created to do in our life time.
so logically your aim is to come preach faith in your life time oblivious to when you die. #funny

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Christian Faith by yommyuk: 2:14pm On Apr 14, 2015
aaronson:
so logically your aim is to come preach faith in your life time oblivious to when you die. #funny
and hopefully enhance on its importance to each individual i come into contact with, yours included
Re: The Truth About The Christian Faith by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 14, 2015
yommyuk:
and hopefully enhance on its importance to each individual i come into contact with, yours included
keep preaching it while you live in denial because you and me know when you fall ill,at that point your faith becomes worthless and insignificant,then you rely on science which is the hospital,like I said,keep living in denial,I mean keep preaching and enhancing the importance of fairytales written in a book called bible to people you agree with while we the atheists will keep thinking for you.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Christian Faith by An2elect2(f): 4:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
Op are you a sovereign grace believer?
Re: The Truth About The Christian Faith by An2elect2(f): 4:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
aaronson:

Where we told not to take medication when we fall sick? No. Do you know anything about our faith? No
So fk off atheist.
Re: The Truth About The Christian Faith by An2elect2(f): 4:36pm On Apr 14, 2015
yommyuk:

If i may ask. What is this thing we were created to do in our life time!
Re: The Truth About The Christian Faith by An2elect2(f): 4:41pm On Apr 14, 2015
aaronson:
keep preaching it while you live in denial because you and me know when you fall ill,at that point your faith becomes worthless and insignificant,then you rely on science which is the hospital,like I said,keep living in denial,I mean keep preaching and enhancing the importance of fairytales written in a book called bible to people you agree with while we the atheists will keep fooling ourselves.

(embolden) Alright. You didn't have to say that, we know already.
Re: The Truth About The Christian Faith by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 14, 2015
An2elect2:

Where we told not to take medication when we fall sick? No. Do you know anything about our faith? No
So fk off atheist.

okay I sure would fk off as your bible teaches you to tell atheists

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Christian Faith by yommyuk: 10:30pm On Apr 14, 2015
An2elect2:
Op are you a sovereign grace believer?

Acts 4:33
And with great power the apostles were giving their testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace was upon them all.
Re: The Truth About The Christian Faith by An2elect2(f): 10:38pm On Apr 14, 2015
aaronson:
okay I sure would fk off as your bible teaches you to tell atheists

good
Re: The Truth About The Christian Faith by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 14, 2015
An2elect2:

good
*shaking my head*
Re: The Truth About The Christian Faith by An2elect2(f): 11:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
aaronson:
*shaking my head*

keep shaking it until that misplaced nut gets back to its proper place.

I pity you.
Re: The Truth About The Christian Faith by Nobody: 1:29am On Apr 15, 2015
An2elect2:

keep shaking it until that misplaced nut gets back to its proper place.

I pity you.
Now this what religion does to primitive mind like yours miss militant christian

(1) (Reply)

Another Sign That The End Is Near. / ISIS Bans Eid Prayers / It's A Shame For A Christian To Be Die Hard Football/political Fanatic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.