Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Can You Solve This? The Math Problem That Baffled People Around The World - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can You Solve This? The Math Problem That Baffled People Around The World (729 Views)

Clay Math Institute Denies Century Old Math Problem Solved By Nigerian / Can You Solve This Math That Baffled Australian Students? / Ufot Ekong Solves 30-Year-Old Math Equation In Japan And Breaks Academic Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Solve This? The Math Problem That Baffled People Around The World by Iamvictor(m): 9:05am On Apr 14, 2015
The maths problem, aimed at
testing the logical reasoning skills of 14-
year-olds in Singapore, has left the world
baffled after question went viral online.
Check the question below and see if you can
solve it.
Albert and Bernard just became friends with
Cheryl, and they want to know when her
birthday is. Cheryl gives them a list of 10
possible dates.
May 15, May 16, May 19
June 17, June 18
July 14, July 16
August 14, August 15, August 17
Cheryl then tells Albert and Bernard
separately the month and the day of her
birthday respectively.
Albert: I don’t know when Cheryl’s birthday
is, but I know that Bernard does not know
too.
Bernard: At first I don’t know when Cheryl’s
birthday is, but I know now.
Albert: Then I also know when Cheryl’s
birthday is.
So when is Cheryl’s birthday?

http://dvicxy..in/2015/04/can-you-solve-it-math-problem-that.html?m=1

Re: Can You Solve This? The Math Problem That Baffled People Around The World by Ewizard(m): 9:20am On Apr 14, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Solve This? The Math Problem That Baffled People Around The World by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 14, 2015
Its not a maths problem. Its a logic and reasoning problem. Oh! And the answer is July 16. A similar thread has been opened.
Re: Can You Solve This? The Math Problem That Baffled People Around The World by Albie(m): 9:24am On Apr 14, 2015
Dunno
Re: Can You Solve This? The Math Problem That Baffled People Around The World by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 14, 2015
June 18

(1) (Reply)

Help With Your Advice;cgpa 3.21 / First Aid For Snake Bite / Interuniversity Transfer: Before Its Too Late

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.