Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti (31395 Views)

Wild Jubilation Erupts In Bauchi As President Buhari Returns. See Photos / Buhari Advises Against Wild Jubilation / FAYEMI Vs FAYOSE: Jubilation In Ekiti As Appeal Court Confirmed Fayose's Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by lalasticlala(m): 11:41am On Apr 14, 2015
There were several gunshots on Tuesday morning in Ado Ekiti, the Ekiti State capital, as news filtered into town that the state Governor, Ayo Fayose, was confirmed by the Supreme Court as validly elected.
The Supreme Court ruling was in relation to a matter filed by the All Progressives Congress to challenge the victory of Fayose, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, in the June 21, 2014 governorship election in the state.

APC candidate, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, lost to Fayose in the election.

As soon as the judgment was delivered, several gunshots from the direction of the Government House were fired into the air, apparently to celebrate the victory.

Also, civil servants trooped out in dancing and singing solidarity songs.

Some residents of the state, especially in Ado Ekiti, the state capital, trooped to the streets rejoicing.
Commercial motorcyclists, commercial drivers and market men and women were not left out.
The governor is planning to hold a victory rally across the state capital.

The APC had approached the apex court following the dismissal of the petition filed by the party challenging the June 21, 2014 governorship election that returned Fayose as the winner.

APC kicked, alleging that fraud, including perjury, unlawful use of soldiers, intimidation of supporters and compromised ballot papers were used to give victory to the PDP.

At the elections petitions tribunal, the petition was dismissed.

The party approached the Court of Appeal, which also dismissed the petition, but noted illegality in the deployment of soldiers.

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/fayoses-victory-gunshots-wild-jubilation-in-ekiti/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by justi4jesu(f): 11:42am On Apr 14, 2015
cheesy cheesy Let the Jubilation begin....

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by Abduletudaye(m): 11:42am On Apr 14, 2015
Make stray bullet sha no meet anybody because of celebration. smiley

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by micolaj: 11:44am On Apr 14, 2015
Impeachment is the next hurdle to cross. Fayose ti bu iroko, oro pe ojo oluwere pa ni.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by midolian(m): 11:45am On Apr 14, 2015
Ekiti how did you end up like this? How can the learned celebrate a thug as Fayose? sad sad sad

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by Omexonomy: 11:46am On Apr 14, 2015
Assuming the victory was for an APC the wild jubilation would have resulted to death of more than five people stealing and killing en mase.
If you know APC is an evil party click like.
If you know APC is a peaceful party click share.

333 Likes 66 Shares

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by PassingShot(m): 11:46am On Apr 14, 2015
Ekiti, the prodigal state of the SW region.

I pity our siblings there.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by siegfried99(m): 11:46am On Apr 14, 2015
Hmmm

This ekiti state politics..hmm lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 14, 2015
Someone should tell Fayose and His tout who are Jubilating to remember that My father will not forgive him ooo.

But, if he decamps, then he will be save...

But, tell him that Baba Tinubu will be ready for him...

Have you ever heard him talking to Tinubu before?? NO

He already know that HE can DO and UNDO .. grin grin

Enjoy till your Government last...

Sai GMB

Sai GMB son

Sai Baba

Sai Son

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 14, 2015
Why the gun shots?

3 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by ozoigbondu: 11:51am On Apr 14, 2015
Fayose is loved by the people and the voice of the people is the voice of God.lt was
16-0
16-0
26-0 now is
3-0

For you to impeach fayose you have to remove God

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by AndreRose(f): 11:52am On Apr 14, 2015
Congrats Fayose,you deserve it. People like playing with fire in the name of celebration. What's the gun shots for? SMH!

7 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by Kolade354(m): 11:52am On Apr 14, 2015
Good me personally being an APC member dont want him to be impeached so that he will keep Apc on their Toes in south west........Ride on Baba Fayose.

17 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 14, 2015
As expected...it is time for him to face the last hurdle...State House of Assembly impeachment notice. Has he responded to the allegations in the notice? If not, then it is better for him to do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by braine(m): 11:55am On Apr 14, 2015
Bloody thugs.

1 Like

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by Kelklein(m): 11:55am On Apr 14, 2015
[size=18pt] #365DaysOn [/size]

4 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 14, 2015
This Fayose of a man is a crook! A senile psychopathic fraud of the highest order. I don't understand why the people voted for an uncultured tout(based upon his public rantings and behaviour) when they had the better option of an intelligentsia of international repute. Anyway, let's see how far the film trick can work.

Learn about AMORC here: https://www.nairaland.com/2225497/ask-me-question-amorc-other

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by Olamitisoji(m): 11:55am On Apr 14, 2015
Congrats. RIP HATERS.

13 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by koboko69: 11:56am On Apr 14, 2015
b4 may 29. victory will be short lived. they are just toying with his brains
Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by cy4cent(f): 11:56am On Apr 14, 2015
it's an irony that a state that has the highest number of professors in Nigeria has a thug as it's leader, n they celebrates his victory, hmmmm !!!! pathetic...

could this be out of fear

it's a pity however it is viewed, I do not envy them at all ...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by LuckyLadolce(m): 11:56am On Apr 14, 2015
grin
Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by ozoigbondu: 11:56am On Apr 14, 2015
midolian:
Ekiti how did you end up like this? How can the learned celebrate a thug as Fayose? sad sad sad

Cry me an ocean tongue tongue tongue

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by saintandsinnerz: 11:57am On Apr 14, 2015
This man can be comfortably be called a cat with nine lives. I really don't think the 19 APC lawmakers can remove this man with what i'm seeing.

14 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 14, 2015
Is Ekiti really the fountain of knowledge?

It should be changed to WELL OF COMEDY

or

CENTRE OF STOMACH INFRASTRUCTURE

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by mulattoclaro(m): 11:57am On Apr 14, 2015
That's my guy. Fayose the lion of south west.

9 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by kings09(m): 11:57am On Apr 14, 2015
Oga get down to work n stop wasting bullets that shld be used to fight criminals in ur state.
Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by romi: 11:57am On Apr 14, 2015
I am so happy and I am sharing recharge cards. Pls manage this MTN 1500▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ Etisalat 1000▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ Glo 1000▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ Airtel 1000▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ Please use a sharp object like broken bottle or knife for easy scratch on your screen. don't bother to thank me What are friends for?.GOD bless ur week!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by ozoigbondu: 11:57am On Apr 14, 2015
cy4cent:
it's an irony that a state that has the highest number of professors in Nigeria has a thug as it's leader, n celebrates his victory, hmmmm !!!! pathetic...

could this be out of fear

it's a pity however it is viewed, I do not envy them at all ...
Stop weeping

19 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by demmy0325(m): 11:57am On Apr 14, 2015
Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by metorichmond(m): 11:57am On Apr 14, 2015
Na wao, this fayose na real cat ooo, this man keeps forging ahead despite the tides against him. Fayose m beginning to like ur way of politics!

14 Likes

Re: Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti by ICSLimited: 11:57am On Apr 14, 2015
[size=14pt]365 days on from the sad events that took place on the 14th of April, 2014. We at #ICSLimited remembers the missing schoolgirls abducted from Chibok Village, Borno state, by ‪BokoHaram‬ extremists.
We pray for their safe return to their families and loved ones, and also to Nigeria.
#‎BringBackOurGirls
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Suspends Parradang, Nigeria Immigration Boss / Yahaya Bello: Tinubu Has Paid His Dues, Nobody Is Undermining Him / Remembering General Sani Abacha: 19 Years After His Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.