Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Why Is African Still Poor? - Because Of Its's Leaders! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is African Still Poor? - Because Of Its's Leaders! (375 Views)

Senate Will Forestall Any Attempt By The Executive To Change Its Leaders / APC Uncovers Plot By Fayose To Incarcerate Its Leaders / APC Plans To Attack Its Leaders – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Is African Still Poor? - Because Of Its's Leaders! by successcard: 2:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
Many Africans have lost confidence in themselves, and their leaders. Too traumatized by most of the liberators who have used violence to free and rule. In the past decades where coup d’etats was on the rise, there was so much tension and uncertainty about the future of Africa. But today, there is much peace, freedom and security, but the pace of development is something little to write about.
Africa is blessed with boundless resources. Talk about Oil, Gold, Cocoa, Diamond, etc, all of these are present in Africa. But why then is the continent still struggling to develop? From my point of view, I would say it’s down to a leadership problem.
Mismanagement of resources is one of the key factors of this slow progress. Countries like Ghana could have been a powerhouse today had they put in place first things first. This country is among the top ten exporter of Gold and Cocoa, but there are only few factories and industries in this country. Nigeria on the other hand could also be one of the richest countries if they made good use of their bountiful oil and gas.
Corruption also plays a role in the growth rate of this beautiful continent. Some of the elites only seek political power as a means to make their pockets fat. Huge sums of money are stolen without any reasonable explanation given. Today, if you ask any african child why he wants to go into politics, the first answer they will give you is that “ Its lucrative”. What s misconception that is!
High illiteracy rates is also a contributing factor. Most children living in rural parts of Africa cannot afford quality education. Unfortunately, some countries have placed less emphasis on delivering quality education. In this case, I think priorities are not been set right. When citizens get educated, they will help build the nation.

..... You can read the rest of the article here: www.nsemzone.com/why-is-africa-still-poor/
Re: Why Is African Still Poor? - Because Of Its's Leaders! by ucheokpara100(m): 2:24pm On Apr 14, 2015
i wnt 2 comment b4 i read bt d reasons y african is still poor are (1) people producing alot of children without planning 4 their kids (2) let me make this clear to some of u who are alwys blaming leaders i pray some of you become a leader then u will know tht it's difficuilt 2 leader stupid populace, when u make plan for 20 people b4 u turn back 20 has populated to 40 ur 20 will look like u didnt plan this is what high rate of population has caused us as a nation. from my experience as a leader what i observed is when u keep tinkin abt people and thy are frustration ur efforts here and their the only wise decision will be to tink for only ursef and ur family tht is what our leaders are just doin ok? cos africans are stupid bunch tht dont behave theirselfs.

1 Like

Re: Why Is African Still Poor? - Because Of Its's Leaders! by bigsmoke2(m): 2:31pm On Apr 14, 2015
industrialization is the key we need to start making our own product locally and not depend on the oyinbo people for all our products we have the man power, the land, and the raw materials that is china's strength

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

INEC Considers April 18 For Run-off Elections In Imo, Abia, Taraba / Advise:: Should I Subscribe On Mtn Network?--- / Bukola Saraki Predicted That APC Will Beat PDP In The 2015 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.