Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,524 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) (46746 Views)

Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu Meets With Osinbajo (Photos) / Aisha Buhari Visits Oba Akiolu Of Lagos / Oba Of Lagos Akiolu In The Streets Of London Holding Bread (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by rockcitie: 5:39pm On Apr 14, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Everything that happened in the Oba's palace was rehearsed and well planned by the APC, Oba and the Igbo Ezes in Lagos. The only way Ambode could beat Agbaje was to pitch the Yoruba against the Igbo and that is exactly what happened. Who recorded the whole thing and why was it leaked to the public? If this whole Oba episode had not happened, a lot of Yorubas would have voted for Agbaje and it was common knowledge that the Igbos would vote in block for Agbaje being their party man. The APC saw this and decided to play the ethnic card which worked perfectly. They know our people well and that we will shout and bring down heaven when we see the video just like we reacted during the deportation saga. Alot of Yorubas who initially wanted to vote for Agbaje ended up changing their mind to vote for Ambode because they saw it as Yoruba vs Igbo and they wanted to prove to the Igbo their dominance in Lagos. The whole drowning in Lagoon speech was a carefully written and acted script. The governorship election in Lagos turned out to be about proving who owns Lagos and this alone pitched almost all the Yorubas against Agbaje whom they saw as another Afonja.

All this was part of Tinubu's game, wake up! Don't be surprised to go to the Oba's palace and find him drinking with those Igbo Ezes. embarassed embarassed embarassed

They successfully labelled Agbaje as Okeshuku. cheesy

So you want me to believe this your foolish theory? Your Oba has been greatly criticized both home & abroad for his hate speech and you're claiming it was a strategy? He has created a negative image for himself which will be very hard to erase. Continue fooling yourself since you are defending a man who lacks character.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by Dewze(m): 5:42pm On Apr 14, 2015
sanky346:
I discovered later that the Oba's statement was a subtle way of tilting the votes towards Ambode. It was not an accidental statement. It was strategic. JK fell for the trap and that changed the tone of the governorship election. I have lots of friends that were going to vote for JK but later changed their mind to vote for Ambode because they had to associate with their own since it has turned into a tribal war. Politics has gone beyond what we think. There are people in the situation room plotting day and night. Politics is now governed by strategies. The oba's statement was a masterstroke

It is true then to say that change is not really in the hands of the people, but in the hands of they that control the minds of the people.

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by Ekaka1(m): 5:43pm On Apr 14, 2015
sanky346:
Congratulations to the Oba of Lagos. His candidate won. The Oba has the right to support a candidate in his personal capacity. After all does being a king make him less human than the rest of us?
The point actually is that akiolu is supposed to be a royal father offering wise counsel to all ...and resolving conflicts not taking sides or boasting about hand picking any particular candidate in Politics. This is not over yet. Wait until your Ambo de His office and makes a mistake to operate independently from His Gangta father who "installed" him..then una go hear!
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by handsomenairala: 5:46pm On Apr 14, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
Everything that happened in the Oba's palace was rehearsed and well planned by the APC, Oba and the Igbo Ezes in Lagos. The only way Ambode could beat Agbaje was to pitch the Yoruba against the Igbo and that is exactly what happened. Who recorded the whole thing and why was it leaked to the public? If this whole Oba episode had not happened, a lot of Yorubas would have voted for Agbaje and it was common knowledge that the Igbos would vote in block for Agbaje being their party man. The APC saw this and decided to play the ethnic card which worked perfectly. They know our people well and that we will shout and bring down heaven when we see the video just like we reacted during the deportation saga. Alot of Yorubas who initially wanted to vote for Agbaje ended up changing their mind to vote for Ambode because they saw it as Yoruba vs Igbo and they wanted to prove to the Igbo their dominance in Lagos. The whole drowning in Lagoon speech was a carefully written and acted script. The governorship election in Lagos turned out to be about proving who owns Lagos and this alone pitched almost all the Yorubas against Agbaje whom they saw as another Afonja.

All this was part of Tinubu's game, wake up! Don't be surprised to go to the Oba's palace and find him drinking with those Igbo Ezes. embarassed embarassed embarassed

It's an insult to say Yorubas wanted to prove their dominance............. ...... I ll assume that it was a mistake at own part to make such a ridiculous, annoying and repulsive statement.

In case of another time, dominance battle should be contested among immigrants: Igbos, the Niger-deltans and Hausas/Fulanis not "OMO ONILE".

However, all we wanted to prove/achieve was to pass our ownership and heritage's message across to the Igbos which we eventually did.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by CongressIsrael: 5:47pm On Apr 14, 2015
[s]And if Ibos fell for this agelong trick then they are not wise at all, They are really politically naive

Thats why when people say Ibos react with emotions not with proper thought you would think they are abusing you

I trust Yoruba people, Ohun ti ma se wa ninu mi, What I would do is in my stomach[hr[/s]]
The message of EUROBOMBER is clear enough and from your comment,it shows that you are a yoruba person and as well very tribalistic which is the salient message contained in EUROBOMBER's post.For the purpose of clarity, don't shift the ethnic card on the Igbos who would vote en bloc for Agbaje, or on your brother, Jimi Agbaje, who saw no need for ethnic card and never did as you can confirm from his response of oba akiolu's calculated statement but do so on APC who knew that almost all Igbos would vote for your brother, Jimi Agbaje, who then decided to play the tribal card having thought of it from their situation room to woo the chunk of Yorubas like you in supporting Ambode and Yorubas like you unwisely fell into the trap.It's known that at the slightest opportunity, a Yoruba person will always want to show that he is more superior than an Igbo man hence the success of the ethnic card by APC.Please, remove tribal sentiment and examine this ethnic card objectively. Meanwhile, Jimi has a good spirit. If you are close to him, you will agree with me.Yorubas may likely be the best tribe in Nigeria if and only if they can expunge from themselves tribalism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by Ekaka1(m): 5:56pm On Apr 14, 2015
XBLadez:

But Ndigbo group were there cheering after he made the statement (?)

First off I'm not Igbo...omoluabi ni mo je !

Do you think an occultic gangster like Akiolu threatening to throw people into "the water" should be challenged at His palace so they can all end up in a shallow mass grave...
Those Igbo leaders acted very smartly.
The only silly thing with them was going to visit akiolu for whatever reason just because they wanted to be relevant. I have many Igbo friends and have travelled with them to most part of their nation... They are the real paradigm of a republican nation. No singular individual can claim to represent or speak for the entire Ndigbo as a people unless He was appointed after thorough deliberations...ask them

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by Layonle(f): 6:04pm On Apr 14, 2015
sanky346:
Congratulations to the Oba of Lagos. His candidate won. The Oba has the right to support a candidate in his personal capacity. After all does being a king make him less human than the rest of us?
I wonder oooo
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by Layonle(f): 6:06pm On Apr 14, 2015
BlackMaria:
Can the igbo candidate(Jimi agbaje) also pay d same visit.
u r so pathetic

1 Like

Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by Layonle(f): 6:15pm On Apr 14, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

dn't mind d apc n d ppl(Yorubas n Igbos)dt blindly allowed demselves d party's(apc) antics not 2 mk d right tin,dey were sentimental#4 mi,even if Jk didn't win d 2015 election,he still remains a gr8 hero n will continue 2 b 2 me
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by Layonle(f): 6:19pm On Apr 14, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

dn't mind d apc n d ppl(Yorubas n Igbos)dt blindly allowed d party's(apc) antics distract dem 4rm mkin d right choice,dey were sentimental#4 mi,even if Jk didn't win d 2015 election,he still remains a gr8 hero n will continue 2 b 2 me
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by Layonle(f): 6:19pm On Apr 14, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

dn't mind d apc n d ppl(Yorubas n Igbos)dt blindly allowed d party's(apc) antics distract dem 4rm mkin d right choice,dey were sentimental#4 mi,even if Jk didn't win d 2015 election,he still remains a gr8 hero n will continue 2 b 2 me....4 now,o wanna kip ma fingerz crossed n see ow event unfoldz + support d new govt in praya
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by Layonle(f): 6:22pm On Apr 14, 2015
sanky346:
I discovered later that the Oba's statement was a subtle way of tilting the votes towards Ambode. It was not an accidental statement. It was strategic. JK fell for the trap and that changed the tone of the governorship election. I have lots of friends that were going to vote for JK but later changed their mind to vote for Ambode because they had to associate with their own since it has turned into a tribal war. Politics has gone beyond what we think. There are people in the situation room plotting day and night. Politics is now governed by strategies. The oba's statement was a masterstroke
I knew it right 4rm d start buh tank God ko je mi rara a ti rara
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by stronger: 6:27pm On Apr 14, 2015
LastProphet:

Think more on that statement, the first sign of foolishness is hasty conclusion

Awww. . It must be really tough being dyslexic yeah? Sad. . Accept my condolences. .

Now out of my way. Go play with your teddy bears. . shoo!
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by isalegan2: 6:46pm On Apr 14, 2015
Guyman02:
HOW JEGA Got His OBAMA Award

Obama gave Jega US National Honours for getting GEJ out based on the recommendation of David Axelrod who was Obamas campaign director during his elections and current APC campaign Consultant after Jega had lied to the world about how he has cleaned up the Voter Register by removing underage voters.

Gov Kwankwaso has just confirmed that Almajiris were massively used.
Not Surprisingly all the EU and US International dubious observers concentrated on the OIL States of Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Delta which are there key areas of interest and would want to be controlled by APC where they are calling for cancellation due to rigging and did not see manipulation in the North.

The Oba should henceforth play a fatherly role and be a unifying factor to all irrespective of their beliefs or race once you are in Lagos.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2309808_underagevoters_jpeg72dba185ff258dbdc1678948c60d1c03

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2309809_underagevoters2_jpeg5d674a0986038addf207b7c191a27be0

So, it is your assertion that children voted or registered to vote in the just concluded elections? And those pictures are evidence to support your claim? cool grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 14, 2015
Layonle:
u r so pathetic
4 a lady,u are so foolish. Wetin concern me with you. Omo get away.
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by sinizia: 7:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
jaybee3:

Relax bro... We are brothers nna
I was just being sarcastic

gringrin

Jaybee, we're brothers o. I'm Igbo so that's why I reacted that way. I guess I let emotions get the better of me. It's good, my oga. smiley
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Smh....Nigerians and cospiracy theories cheesy
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by XBLadez: 8:12pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ekaka1:

Do you think an occultic gangster like Akiolu threatening to throw people into "the water" should be challenged at His palace so they can all end up in a shallow mass grave...
The only silly thing with them was going to visit akiolu for whatever reason just because they wanted to be relevant. I have many Igbo friends and have travelled with them to most part of their nation... They are the real paradigm of a republican nation. No singular individual can claim to represent or speak for the entire Ndigbo as a people unless He was appointed after thorough deliberations...ask them
I have never gotten an honest answer as from a non Igbo before, not to mention a Yoruba. You hit the right nail on the head. This issue of interrogating to get the best, however, has been our major setback, and so I don't see it as a model like u opined. Until we learn to emulate the north (not in violence, tho) I don't see the Igbo man representing his people in the national level
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by Sumptylism: 10:51pm On Apr 14, 2015
cKaiser:

And if Ibos fell for this agelong trick then they are not wise at all, They are really politically naive

Thats why when people say Ibos react with emotions not with proper thought you would think they are abusing you

I trust Yoruba people, Ohun ti ma se wa ninu mi, What I would do is in my stomach

...think it is the Yorubas that rather fell, betrayed their own (Agbaje) as usual and typical of them...eventually selling Lagos to the "cabals" for "business as usual" rather than for the much clamoured " CHANGE"...taxes...tolls et al continue.... :/ sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by LAGrejectIBO: 10:55pm On Apr 14, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

You are missing a part, let me complete the script for you.

.....and so after the Oba speech was leaked, first in print, and then with the recorded video, Agbaje then came out in response and to further aggravate the Yorubas so that they will vote for Ambode instead of himself, and so he declared that he will promote the Ibo Ezes to First Class traditional rulers in Lagos and have equal power with the Yoruba Oba. On hearing this, no Yoruba wanted.to vote for.PDP and so the hatched plan to get Ambode in worked perfect as designed by Oba, the Ezes.and.Agbaje himself.

Kid.....go tune in to tv and watch some scifi adventure story. You dont belong here.

grin grin
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 15, 2015
An2elect2:

I know nothing about monarchy because there is no "royalty" law anywhere here.

@embolden LOL Whatever that means.

u sound like a confused teenager..... seriously speaking, go back to ur hostel
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by Nobody: 12:18am On Apr 15, 2015
chukwudi44:

Is that supposed to be a threat or what? I repeat Rilwan Akiolu is a bastard,a motherfucker and werey.He is an Oloribruku ode. If you need more invectives for him just let me know.
if u r like dis den, ur wife ND children are in trouble wen u gt them cus u ll be the cause of their death
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by NobleG1(m): 3:03am On Apr 15, 2015
sanky346:

But threatening a whole ethnic group because of politics, makes him an I*diot!
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by quickly: 3:36am On Apr 15, 2015
NobleG1:

But threatening a whole ethnic group because of politics, makes him an I*diot!

na for internet u fit call am i.diot go and say it in his face if ur a man. if not then u be woman

some ibo ppl not all especially those wans that dont go to school and like trading they go to a place and after being accomodated they start acting stupid. this happens not only in nigeria its every where sa , thailand etc

make the sensible ibo talk to those ones wey not get home training.

have u seen that thai land police video?
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by ibrokola(m): 6:19am On Apr 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Both tribes were manipulated here by the politicians.
But whereas one achieved it's aim, the other failed.
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 15, 2015
adedeji65:
if u r like dis den, ur wife ND children are in trouble wen u gt them cus u ll be the cause of their death
Empty threats. Who takes cowards seriously in this dispensation. You put a demented man on the throne and expects accolade. Mr Rilwan Akiolu is an uncouth tout who is not undeserving of the royal throne
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by fkaz(m): 6:31am On Apr 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
[s]Everything that happened in the Oba's palace was rehearsed and well planned by the APC, Oba and the Igbo Ezes in Lagos. The only way Ambode could beat Agbaje was to pitch the Yoruba against the Igbo and that is exactly what happened. Who recorded the whole thing and why was it leaked to the public? If this whole Oba episode had not happened, a lot of Yorubas would have voted for Agbaje and it was common knowledge that the Igbos would vote in block for Agbaje being their party man. The APC saw this and decided to play the ethnic card which worked perfectly. They know our people well and that we will shout and bring down heaven when we see the video just like we reacted during the deportation saga. Alot of Yorubas who initially wanted to vote for Agbaje ended up changing their mind to vote for Ambode because they saw it as Yoruba vs Igbo and they wanted to prove to the Igbo their dominance in Lagos. The whole drowning in Lagoon speech was a carefully written and acted script. The governorship election in Lagos turned out to be about proving who owns Lagos and this alone pitched almost all the Yorubas against Agbaje whom they saw as another Afonja.

They successfully labelled Agbaje as Okeshuku. cheesy [/s].

Like it or not the Igbos in lagos where threat to APC in the last governor election and APC need to do something about it.
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by Topeakintola: 6:37am On Apr 15, 2015
Ekaka1:

grin omoluabi ko omoirankiran ni

If you are Yoruba then I am from Jupiter. Why are you lying just because you want to make a point?
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 15, 2015
ibrokola:

But whereas one achieved it's aim, the other failed.

The two tribes agreed to help Ambode, go figure.
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by Nobody: 7:56am On Apr 15, 2015
fkaz:

Like it or not the Igbos in lagos where threat to APC in the last governor election and APC need to do something about it.
Unfortunately for them they can't do anything about it. PDP has started winning seats already and would continue till they take over the alausa seat.Go and hang yourself
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by ibrokola(m): 9:20am On Apr 15, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

The two tribes agreed to help Ambode, go figure.
Lol! By giving block votes to him?
Re: Ambode Visits Oba Of Lagos, Akiolu (Photos) by promisador: 10:49am On Apr 15, 2015
handsomenairala:

It's an insult to say Yorubas wanted to prove their dominance............. ...... I ll assume that it was a mistake at own part to make such a ridiculous, annoying and repulsive statement.

In case of another time, dominance battle should be contested among immigrants: Igbos, the Niger-deltans and Hausas/Fulanis not "OMO ONILE".

However, all we wanted to prove/achieve was to pass our ownership and heritage's message across to the Igbos which we eventually did.

"OMO ONILE" - The popular dustbin/rubbish collectors that move around Lagos streets you mean? Grow up and stop being foolish! There was nothing like passing any message across. The Igbos you talk of wisely abstained from the polling units on the election day except for those who voted in Igbo-dominated areas like Oshodi, Amuwo who voted massively for their choice candidates for HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY AND REPRESENTATIVES positions. However, the difference between APC and PDP's win is just marginal - small! We tthought APC would garner votes as they did in Kano during presidential election. That's to tell you that it was a contest between the Lagos Yorubas and not Igbos. So you guys were merely challenging yourselves. Your Oba turned you against one another. Part of you made JK have 600,000+ votes and the the other made Ambode garner 800,000+ votes. Igbos didn't participate well in the elections so you wouldn't blame them for destabilizing Lagos if anything had happened badly. They left you guys to decide your fate, and did their own that concerned them most for better representation in your house of assembly and federal constituency and happily enough, their choice candidates won in all Oshodi and Amuwo. Lol! They respect your culture that's why they didn't involve much in the gubernatorial elections after the crazy Lagoon hype. Igbos are wise so are other Nigerian ethnic groups. However, they only get enraged when you overstep your boundaries and try to intimidate them. Let's learn to respect one another and embrace everyone's culture, only then can Nigeria be better! Long live Nigeria!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Will Be Nigeria's Next President Come 2019? (Pictured) / NRM Party Sues Peter Obi Over Honorary Citizenship Of Dallas / Femi Fani-Kayode On Sylvanus Adiewere Nsofor, Nigerian Ambassador To USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.