Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,585 members, 7,827,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) (57861 Views)

Is She The Prettiest Female Police Officer In Nigeria? / Most Attractive Female Police Officers In Nigeria (photos) / Picture Of Gallant Female Soldiers Who Fought In The Nigerian Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by gbengalite(m): 6:02pm On Apr 14, 2015
K
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by abiolag(m): 6:06pm On Apr 14, 2015
How many times she don stop robbers wen dem dey attack people near her?
She protected her bag because na amateur come her way
She should not c herself as somtyn special
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by all4gud(m): 6:06pm On Apr 14, 2015
[quote author=dridowu post=32717852]Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola SAN, Thursday, rewarded Sergeant Mercy John, a female Police officer who through her bravery, professionalism single handedly disarmed two robbers who attempted to dispose her of her belongings.

In his remarks at the ceremony, which was held at the Lagos House, Ikeja, shortly before the state’s security council meeting, the Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola SAN, encouraged her not to relent in her efforts in the course of her duty.

‘’Let me say very clearly that I value the work that you do, people of Lagos valued what you do and where ever you come from, this is your home and I think it is right to say that it was because you take this as home, you did the right thing, you took two robbers out of commission so that the people of Lagos can sleep well’’, the Governor said.

Sergeant Mercy John, a native of Ikori Local Government Area of Cross River State. She was enlisted into the Police Force on 1st July, 2000 and had earlier served in MOPOL 20, Force Ikeja from 2004 to 2012. She is currently attached to the Provost’s Department, State Police Headquarters, Lagos State.

The rewarded Police officer, Sergeant Mercy John had on 10th February, 2015, at Egbeda-Shasha by Tawakalitu Close, Orisunmibare Road, Lagos disarmed two armed robbers who attempted to rob her of her bag and recovered a locally made pistol with two live cartridges in the process.

Also present at the ceremony were the Chief of Staff, Mr. Lanre Babalola, Executive Secretary, Lagos State Security Trust Fund, Mr. Fola Arthur-Worrey, Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Ade-Ipaye, Special Adviser to the Governor on Security, Major. Tunde Panox, Commissioner of Police, Mr. Kayode Aderanti, Commander NNS Beecroft, Olokun Apapa, Navy Commodore Teikum Ikoli, Commander Air force Base Ikeja, Air Commodor Lere Osanyintolu, Commander 9 Mechanized Brigade, Major General Ahmed Mohammed Sabo, Director State Security Service Mr. Ben Olayi.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=913508915337042&id=492378324116772
[/quote

She is from the same village with AIG Mbu.
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 14, 2015
Misogynist2014:
That's counterproductive

I respect your opinion even though it's wrong.

Thankfully there are many Nigerians that share my opinion and this will come to happen.
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by holiboy: 6:06pm On Apr 14, 2015
Those people are thiefs not robbers that why she was able to do that notwithstanding she still try
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by Misogynist2014(m): 6:17pm On Apr 14, 2015
CityNG:

I respect your opinion even though it's wrong.

Thankfully there are many Nigerians that share my opinion and this will come to happen.
We will soon hear couples gunning themselves down, were the law to be passed today.
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 14, 2015
Misogynist2014:
We will soon hear couples gunning themselves down, were the law to be passed today.

As opposed to using the kitchen knife, cutlass, motor car, rock, otapiapia, that they currently use now?

This is always the uneducated shrill from the antigun nuts.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by StealthyMe(m): 6:23pm On Apr 14, 2015
E be like say those thieves no look face well. See as her face strong sef.

WOJU OO!
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 14, 2015
Hundred, hundred naira.

Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by menix(m): 6:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ahmed0336:
WHAT A BRAVE WOMAN!!!!! I NEED HER TYPE AT HOME

This man, u wan die b4 ur time abii?
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by Misogynist2014(m): 6:42pm On Apr 14, 2015
CityNG:

As opposed to using the kitchen knife, cutlass, motor car, rock, otapiapia, that they currently use now?

This is always the uneducated shrill from the antigun nuts.
Hope these insults weren't meant for me?
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by Sanguine77(m): 6:44pm On Apr 14, 2015
DrWise:
Sergeant Mercy John, a native of Ikori Local Government Area of Cross River State.

Where ever that LGA is in Cross River State! Wonky journalism.
My brother I tire for Nigerian journalists. There is ikom in Cross River but I am still looking for ikori.
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by Tundeiab(m): 6:58pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ahmed0336:
HOPE YOU ARE READY FOR THE CONSEQUENCE OF MARRYING SUCH A WOMAN.

Don't just come crying to us that your wife beats you o.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by holluwai(m): 6:58pm On Apr 14, 2015
I reward them, that's why I'm married to one.

You have a point and I always pray for that favor because it's beyond human comprehension in some cases. I know a lot of great police officers that need this type of reward but well we will keep on praying for favor.

Ekaka1:

You go ahead and reward the ones you know and leave this one to gomina nah...haba!

On a serious note, it's called favor. Being at the right place at the right time is key. For all you know this might be the first time ever that anybody is recognizing her for anything. I believe she just reacted love like she would for any scenario not knowing God will use the situation to bring her before the Gov.
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by bionixs: 7:17pm On Apr 14, 2015
]WHAT A BRAVE WOMAN!!!!! I NEED HER TYPE AT HOME . Try her you go hear am
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by pure2012soul(m): 7:24pm On Apr 14, 2015
The face alone is enough to disarm Boko Haram
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by aresa: 7:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
O

Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by Olurashy(m): 7:29pm On Apr 14, 2015
What a brave woman....
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 14, 2015
holluwai:
There are more of these typa officers, why reward just one person?
Haha, human being sha.
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by diamondboa(m): 7:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ahmed0336:

As what? Wife or wetin ?You better take time .Woman wey face strong like man own .I dey laugh for you .
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by MrIncrediible(m): 7:51pm On Apr 14, 2015
DrWise:
Sergeant Mercy John, a native of Ikori Local Government Area of Cross River State.

There is no LGA like "IKORI" in Cross River State grin
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 14, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Hope these insults weren't meant for me?

Are you a shrilling antigun nutjob?

If the shoe fits then *shrugs*
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by Bluffly: 8:18pm On Apr 14, 2015
dridowu:
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola SAN, Thursday, rewarded Sergeant Mercy John, a female Police officer who through her bravery, professionalism single handedly disarmed two robbers who attempted to dispose her of her belongings.

In his remarks at the ceremony, which was held at the Lagos House, Ikeja, shortly before the state’s security council meeting, the Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola SAN, encouraged her not to relent in her efforts in the course of her duty.

‘’Let me say very clearly that I value the work that you do, people of Lagos valued what you do and where ever you come from, this is your home and I think it is right to say that it was because you take this as home, you did the right thing, you took two robbers out of commission so that the people of Lagos can sleep well’’, the Governor said.

Sergeant Mercy John, a native of Ikori Local Government Area of Cross River State. She was enlisted into the Police Force on 1st July, 2000 and had earlier served in MOPOL 20, Force Ikeja from 2004 to 2012. She is currently attached to the Provost’s Department, State Police Headquarters, Lagos State.

The rewarded Police officer, Sergeant Mercy John had on 10th February, 2015, at Egbeda-Shasha by Tawakalitu Close, Orisunmibare Road, Lagos disarmed two armed robbers who attempted to rob her of her bag and recovered a locally made pistol with two live cartridges in the process.

Also present at the ceremony were the Chief of Staff, Mr. Lanre Babalola, Executive Secretary, Lagos State Security Trust Fund, Mr. Fola Arthur-Worrey, Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Ade-Ipaye, Special Adviser to the Governor on Security, Major. Tunde Panox, Commissioner of Police, Mr. Kayode Aderanti, Commander NNS Beecroft, Olokun Apapa, Navy Commodore Teikum Ikoli, Commander Air force Base Ikeja, Air Commodor Lere Osanyintolu, Commander 9 Mechanized Brigade, Major General Ahmed Mohammed Sabo, Director State Security Service Mr. Ben Olayi.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=913508915337042&id=492378324116772

Waste of funds and hipocrisy. Been honored for saving herself and disarming two robbers. Many people have done that. Why did he not organise a ceremony to celebrate police officers who died in the line of duty and let us know what he is doing for their family instead of this nonsense.
This should be a normal thing in the force rather than seeing it has been superfluous.
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by ceejay4real(m): 8:26pm On Apr 14, 2015
mrdeey:
To those who are interested in getting quality Ijebu Garri in
the following states: Bauchi, Gombe, Jos and Abuja can contact me for
supplies. Payments shall be made upon delivery.
However, part payment shall be made for large quantities.
To discuss purchase, delivery, cost and measurements
contact me on:
WhatsApp: 08170487556
BBM: 556B23BB
Quality is guaranteed as the garri is locally produced in Ijebu
Ode.

What of Imo State? I really love Ijebu Garri, I swear!
Thanks in advance!
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by Bluffly: 8:26pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ekaka1:

You go ahead and reward the ones you know and leave this one to gomina nah...haba!

On a serious note, it's called favor. Being at the right place at the right time is key. For all you know this might be the first time ever that anybody is recognizing her for anything. I believe she just reacted love like she would for any scenario not knowing God will use the situation to bring her before the Gov.

Na was o. Everything na spirikoko
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by Bluffly: 8:26pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ekaka1:

Na wa o. Everything na spirikoko
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by etungha08: 8:29pm On Apr 14, 2015
I am a cross-riverian no such LGA as ikori,please no junk journalism here.its no mean fit really because she would have been trained in self defence skills.
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by lordmario(m): 8:39pm On Apr 14, 2015
Ahmed0336:
Bro did u just say u need her type? Nna respect ur own life na
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by eluquenson(m): 8:52pm On Apr 14, 2015
Woman police to gallant, well deserved commendation
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by ugoezeik(m): 9:42pm On Apr 14, 2015
iyatrustee:
The thief wey wan steal from her sef no get sense

See strong face like man own, she come follow be police na bad combination be dat grin
lolzz men r rili wicked. I wil tel seun to ban u
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by timilinda(f): 9:56pm On Apr 14, 2015
mrdeey:
To those who are interested in getting quality Ijebu Garri in
the following states: Bauchi, Gombe, Jos and Abuja can contact me for
supplies. Payments shall be made upon delivery.
However, part payment shall be made for large quantities.
To discuss purchase, delivery, cost and measurements
contact me on:
WhatsApp: 08170487556
BBM: 556B23BB
Quality is guaranteed as the garri is locally produced in Ijebu
Ode.

What about Potlrt Harcourt? cry
Re: Fashola Rewards Gallant Female Police Officer, Mercy John (pics) by kushsy: 10:26pm On Apr 14, 2015
DrWise:

I tire oh...I be CR but never heard of that LGA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Weeps In Jigawa As Mammoth Crowd Chants His Name / Devastating Air Raids Against Bandits In Mariga Forest, Niger State (Graphic) / Classic 1974 Cartoon That Shows Nigeria Has Not 'changed'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.