|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,801,145 members, 6,695,387 topics. Date: Friday, 28 January 2022 at 12:40 AM
Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur: FA Cup (4 - 2) On 22nd April 2017 / Barcelona Vs Atlético Madrid (1 - 1) On 21st September 2016 / Atlético Madrid Vs Real Madrid: UCL (0 - 0) On 14th April 2015 (2) (3) (4)
|Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by Omooba77: 9:39pm On Apr 14, 2015|
After drawing goalless in the first leg,the derby continues on Wednesday April 22,2015 by 7:45pm . Gareth Bale missed a sitter that would have given Real Madrid the lead...........
Real Madrid CF and Club Atlético de Madrid have seen plenty of each other this season; this is their eighth meeting and a goalless first leg means there is all to play for.
Real Madrid CF and Club Atlético de Madrid meet for the eighth time since contesting the 2014 UEFA Champions League final, with a place in this season's semi-finals at stake.
Madrid's 4-1 win after extra time in Lisbon gave them a record tenth European Cup in the first final in the competition's 59-year history to involve teams from the same city.
• This time round, the first leg finished goalless, meaning Atlético are still unbeaten against their neighbours this term.
• Madrid came from behind in last May's final following Diego Godín's 36th-minute header, Sergio Ramos's equaliser not arriving until three minutes into added time. Extra-time goals from Gareth Bale, Marcelo and Cristiano Ronaldo – a penalty, his 17th goal of the campaign creating a new record – gave Carlo Ancelotti his third triumph in the competition as a coach.
• The lineups at Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica on 24 May 2014 were:
Madrid: Casillas, Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Coentrão (Marcelo 59), Modrić, Khedira (Isco 59), Bale, Di María, Benzema (Morata 79), Ronaldo.
Atlético: Courtois, Juanfran, Miranda, Godín, Filipe Luís (Alderweireld 83), Tiago, Raúl García (Sosa 66), Gabi, Koke, Diego Costa (Adrián López 9), Villa.
• The teams had met in only one previous European tie, the 1958/59 European Cup semi-final. Madrid edged the home first leg 2-1 before Atlético's 1-0 success in the return. That meant a replay in Zaragoza, where Ferenc Puskás struck the decisive blow to take Madrid into a fourth successive final.
• The sides at La Romareda on 13 May 1959 were:
Madrid: Domínguez, Miche, Santamaría, Lesmes, Ruiz, Zárraga, Mateos, Kopa, Di Stéfano, Puskás, Gento.
Atlético: Pazos, Rivilla, Callejo, Mendiondo, Chuzo, Calleja, Miguel, Agustín, Vavá, Peiró, Collar.
• The clubs had faced off six times this season before the first leg. Atlético won both Liga games, 2-1 away and 4-0 at home – their biggest victory over their neighbours since 1987 and their first league double over them since 1950/51.
• The teams for the Liga match at the Santiago Bernabéu on 13 September 2014 were:
Madrid: Casillas, Arbeloa (Varane 77), Pepe, Ramos, Coentrão, Kroos, Modrić, Bale (Isco 72), Rodríguez, Ronaldo, Benzema (Hernández 63).
Atlético: Moyà, Juanfran, Miranda, Godín, Siqueira, Raúl García, Gabi (Turan 61), Tiago, Koke, Jiménez (Griezmann 64), Mandžukić (Mario Suárez 78).
• Atlético were also triumphant in the Copa del Rey second round (2-0 home, 2-2 away) and the Spanish Super Cup (1-1 away, 1-0 home).
• The sides have met in 202 league and cup games, with 103 Madrid wins, 50 for Atlético and 49 draws.
• In the quarter-finals for the fifth year running – they have won their last four and eight of the last nine – Madrid are trying to become the first team to retain the trophy in the UEFA Champions League era.
• The Merengues' 11-match winning home streak in the UEFA Champions League ended when they went down 4-3 at home to FC Schalke 04 in the round of 16 second leg. Ronaldo scored his 77th and 78th goals in UEFA club competition to surpass the record of former Madrid ace Raúl González. Madrid prevailed thanks to their 2-0 success in Germany.
• That result curtailed the Blancos' ten-game winning sequence in the tournament, home and away, with just one more victory needed to create a new mark. Moreover, it was their first defeat in 22 UEFA Champions League matches at the Bernabéu – winning 19 – dating back to April 2011, when they lost 2-0 to FC Barcelona in the semi-final first leg.
• The holders' previous reverse came in last year's quarter-final second leg against Borussia Dortmund when they succumbed 2-0 in Germany, Madrid still progressing after a 3-0 first-leg home victory.
• Ancelotti can become the first coach to lift the trophy four times. He also guided AC Milan to UEFA Champions League glory in 2003 and 2007 and claimed two European Cups as a player with the Rossoneri, in 1989 and 1990.
• Madrid have won all but one of the 22 previous UEFA competition ties in which they earned a first-leg away draw; the sole blemish followed a goalless draw with FC Spartak Moskva in the 1990/91 European Champion Clubs' Cup quarter-finals, when they crashed 3-1 at home. The other seven UEFA ties where Madrid secured a 0-0 first-leg away draw produced an aggregate triumph for the Merengues.
• Madrid's shoot-out record in European competition is W1 L2:
5-6 v FK Crvena zvezda, 1974/75 European Cup Winners' Cup quarter-finals
3-1 v Juventus, 1986/87 European Cup second round
1-3 v FC Bayern München, 2011/12 UEFA Champions League semi-finals
• The Rojiblancos are in the quarter-finals of the European Cup for the seventh time and are seeking a fifth place in the semi-finals.
• Atlético have won seven and lost five of their 16 European games against fellow Spanish sides – they ousted Barcelona 2-1 on aggregate in last season's quarter-finals.
• The Lisbon defeat was Atlético's sole reverse in their last ten European matches against compatriot teams (W5 D4) since a first-leg loss against Villarreal CF in a 2004 UEFA Intertoto Cup final.
• The 2014 Liga winners have won five and lost two of their ten UEFA Champions League away games since September 2013. Atlético were felled 1-0 at Bayer 04 Leverkusen in the round of 16 before prevailing in Madrid by the same score, ultimately advancing 3-2 on penalties.
• Atlético have won five of eight UEFA competition ties after a home first-leg draw, including all three where the score was 0-0: against Chelsea FC in last spring's semi-finals (3-1 away), Sporting Clube de Portugal in the 2009/10 UEFA Europa League round of 16 (2-2 away) and Galatasaray AŞ in the 1973/74 European Champion Clubs' Cup first round (1-0 away).
• The Leverkusen tie was the first time they had been successful in a UEFA shoot-out. Their record now reads W1 L3:
6-7 v Derby County FC, 1974/75 UEFA Cup second round
1-3 v ACF Fiorentina, 1989/90 UEFA Cup first round
1-3 v Villarreal, 2004 UEFA Intertoto Cup final
3-2 v Leverkusen, 2014/15 UEFA Champions League round of 16
Coach and player links
• Ancelotti and Diego Simeone crossed paths as players when the former's Milan overcame AC Pisa 1-0 in January 1991.
• The pair have locked horns 11 times as coach of their respective Madrid clubs, Simeone winning five of the duels and Ancelotti three with three draws.
• Juanfran came through Real Madrid's academy and made six outings for the first team in 2003/04 and 2004/05.
• Isco, Asier Illarramendi, Nacho, Dani Carvajal and Koke were part of Spain's victorious 2013 UEFA European Under-21 Championship squad.
• International team-mates:
Marcelo and Miranda (Brazil);
Ronaldo, Fábio Coentrão, Pepe and Tiago (Portugal);
Raphaël Varane and Antoine Griezmann (France);
Luka Modrić and Mario Mandžukić (Croatia);
Juanfran, Koke, Mario Suárez, and Isco, Carvajal, Ramos and Iker Casillas (Spain).
• Former club-mates:
Karim Benzema and Tiago (Olympique Lyonnais, 2005–2007);
Illaramendi and Griezmann (Real Sociedad de Fútbol, 2010–2013)
• Ronaldo has notched 16 goals in 21 appearances against Atlético, hitting a hat-trick in a 4-1 Liga triumph on 11 April 2012 but being sent off after scoring in Madrid's 2-1 Copa del Rey final reverse in 2012/13.
• Ramos has twice been dismissed against Atlético – in a 1-1 Liga draw on 1 October 2006 and during Madrid's 3-2 top-flight victory in November 2009.
• Ramos, Coentrão and Toni Kroos will incur a suspension with their next booking. Marcelo is banned as a result of the yellow card he received in the first leg.
• The first leg against Atlético was Madrid's first goalless draw since a Copa del Rey fourth round encounter with CD Olímpic de Xàtiva on 7 December 2013.
• Madrid are five games unbeaten since a 2-1 defeat by FC Barcelona on 22 March. They beat Málaga CF 3-1 on Saturday, Ronaldo getting his 50th goal of the season having earlier missed a penalty.
• Luka Modrić has been ruled out for up to a month having suffered a sprain to the medial collateral ligament of his right knee against Málaga while Gareth Bale limped off in the second minute with a calf problem.
• Javier Hernández scored his first Madrid goal at the Santiago Bernabéu as the European champions ran out 3-0 winners against SD Eibar on 11 April.
• On 5 April, the Merengues recorded their biggest Liga victory since 1967 when they thrashed Granada CF 9-1 at home.
• Against Granada, Ronaldo scored five goals in a match for the first time in his professional career, surpassing the 300-mark for the UEFA Champions League holders in the process. Only Alfredo Di Stéfano and Rául González had previously reached a triple century of strikes for Madrid.
• Cristian Ansaldi, Gabi, Jesús Gámez, Raúl García and Fernando Torres are all a booking away from a ban. Mario Suárez serves a one-match suspension.
• Atlético are ten games unbeaten in all competitions, winning five of them including Saturday's 2-1 success against RC Deportivo La Coruña. The Rojiblancos have kept seven clean sheets in that time.
• Jan Oblak has only conceded three goals, two in the 2-2 draw at Málaga CF on 11 April, in seven appearances since replacing the injured Miguel Ángel Moyà 23 minutes into the round of 16 second leg against Leverkusen on 17 March.
• Raúl García made his comeback in the first leg from the arm injury he sustained in that victory over Leverkusen.
• Griezmann has scored in four of his last five outings, the exception the first-leg draw against Madrid; he scored both against Deportivo at the weekend. His 20-goal Liga tally this season is four better than his previous best set last term while at La Real.
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by TopWinner(m): 10:08pm On Apr 14, 2015|
Tipping Real Madrid for an easy second leg win
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by Omooba77: 3:01pm On Apr 20, 2015|
Winner take all match or score draw Atletico progress
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by scantee(m): 8:36am On Apr 21, 2015|
Omooba77:no contest here, ATM wins
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by Krasid(m): 11:25pm On Apr 21, 2015|
It's payback time.
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by Iaz93: 9:45am On Apr 22, 2015|
Real Madrid 2 - 0 Atletico de Madrid
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by DanceVille(m): 10:01am On Apr 22, 2015|
I dedicated this land for Cr7 ....
Realmadrid 3 - 1 Atletico Madrid..
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 22, 2015|
Real Madrid 3:0 Atletico Madrid
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by Bonapart(m): 7:00pm On Apr 22, 2015|
Let's go Real.... we gonna make them weep this time
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by ozo13(m): 7:00pm On Apr 22, 2015|
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:01pm On Apr 22, 2015|
I kind of see Real Madrid winning
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by stephenfman: 7:02pm On Apr 22, 2015|
[color=#000099][/color]Atletico all the way
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by kay1one2(m): 7:02pm On Apr 22, 2015|
Warming my gen!
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by madridguy(m): 7:02pm On Apr 22, 2015|
HALA MADRID TO ALL MADRIDSTA
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by Holybachelor: 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2015|
Real Madrid 1 A.Madrid 0
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by barackodam: 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2015|
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by kennosklint(m): 7:05pm On Apr 22, 2015|
Real madrid 1:3 athletico.
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by kennosklint(m): 7:05pm On Apr 22, 2015|
Real madrid 1:3 athletico.meanwhile...
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by barackodam: 7:07pm On Apr 22, 2015|
I dont care who wins today, the constant thing is a Madrid would qualify, tho i wish it is Athletico.
buh baa damua, game on
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by fredoooooo: 7:13pm On Apr 22, 2015|
Legoo ooo atletico and monaco
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by Ibrahim8kay(m): 7:13pm On Apr 22, 2015|
##atletico iz ganna defeat real madrid##let hv sum lyks 4 ATLETICO#
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by Segadem(m): 7:15pm On Apr 22, 2015|
Iaz93:reverse is d case
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by festusfeezy(m): 7:15pm On Apr 22, 2015|
I just dey feel sorry for atletica dis night.... Them go collect tire from madrid
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by Segadem(m): 7:16pm On Apr 22, 2015|
Im here because of Krasid.
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by emeraldlife: 7:16pm On Apr 22, 2015|
I must confess that we find it hard to beat ATM for the seventh time this season. Injuries to several players have made today's game for Real Madrid a difficult task.
I hope we would emulate Barcelona this season in the way they have learnt to beat ATM (in their highly defensive and aggressive style of play)
As a Madridsta, I am very optimistic we shall progress to the semi final.
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 22, 2015|
Atlético Madrid Barcelona is waiting for you.
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by emeraldlife: 7:19pm On Apr 22, 2015|
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by kliq(m): 7:19pm On Apr 22, 2015|
Real Madrid 1-2 Atletico Madrid
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by Segadem(m): 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2015|
tiamiyukunle69:are u a seer? because what I saw is different compare to yours.
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by PureWays(m): 7:21pm On Apr 22, 2015|
Real Madrid 1-2 Atletico Madrid...
Bookmark this page...
|Re: Real Madrid Vs Atlético Madrid UCL (1 - 0) On 22nd April 2015 by mcdreeezy: 7:21pm On Apr 22, 2015|
As far as this season is concerned, Atleti are going through. Too bad for Real.
As a Blaugrana, we're already in the semis. So ima just sit back, relax and enjoy tonight's games.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131