Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,577 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise (2406 Views)

Cleaner Lagos: LASG Set To Recruit 20,000 Workers / how To Ask For A Pay Rise. / 3 Questions A CEO Wants To Hear After An Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by xtremeinv(m): 12:05am On Apr 15, 2015
Inspired by research suggesting that the emotional well-being of many of his employees could be improved by a raise, the owner of a Seattle credit card payment processing company has just announced that he will boost their minimum salary to $70,000.

The New York Times reports Gravity Payments founder Dan Price will slash his own $1 million salary to $70,000 and use a majority of the company's forecasted $2.2 million profits this year to help pay for the bold move. Many of the workers affected by the raise include sales and customer service representatives.

Of the company's 120 employees, 30 will see their salaries almost double.

"The market rate for me as a CEO compared to a regular person is ridiculous, it's absurd," Price told the Times. "As much as I'm a capitalist, there is nothing in the market that is making me do it."

In the rest of the country, the wage gap between top executives and well, everyone else, is staggering: In 2014, Wall Street bonuses alone amounted to nearly double the combined income of all Americans working full-time minimum-wage jobs.

Publicity stunt or not, Price's plan is a unique story about one CEO's effort to directly address income inequality and create liveable wages for his workers. If successful, we can only hope this turns into a Times trend piece.

http://www.motherjones.com/mixed-media/2015/04/ceo-just-raised-his-companys-minimum-salary-70000

THIS GUY IS A LEADER.
WHAT DO U GUYS THINK?

1 Like

Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by saintkelv(m): 12:11am On Apr 15, 2015
Op,,,,
Pls we need job for 9ja....
Ftc
Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by Yasher: 12:15am On Apr 15, 2015
Wow! A rare gem indeed. This is one man that believes that satisfaction/fulfilment in Life is not in how much you own, but how many lives you help make better. Trust me, such people never get broke at all.

Just wished our leaders will follow suit.; but nah! Na to dey fight for salary increase dem sabi even though na dem dey chop half of our national budget.

1 Like

Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by Emmyk(m): 12:32am On Apr 15, 2015
Very unbelievable...
Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by ijbeauty(f): 12:33am On Apr 15, 2015
Can this happen in Nigeria??

I doubt
Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by Nobody: 3:18am On Apr 15, 2015
I have this kind of heart

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by Yeahreen(m): 5:29am On Apr 15, 2015
This CEO Got A Heart Just Like Mine wink
Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by yungryce: 7:27am On Apr 15, 2015
Our 9ja CEO's are lookin 4 a way not to pay workers at all but dats none of my business
Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 15, 2015
as soon as I saw the thread I just knew it can never be in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by Chukwutobi: 7:58am On Apr 15, 2015
He is a leader!
Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by seemples(f): 8:05am On Apr 15, 2015
...And to see how young he looks sef for this kind of reasoning! kiss
Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by Ewizard(m): 8:18am On Apr 15, 2015
we ve got tinz in common... smiley
Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by superSsam(m): 8:26am On Apr 15, 2015
The real mvp!!!
Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by Chinum: 8:39am On Apr 15, 2015
xtremeinv:
Inspired by research suggesting that the emotional well-being of many of his employees could be improved by a raise, the owner of a Seattle credit card payment processing company has just announced that he will boost their minimum salary to $70,000.

The New York Times reports Gravity Payments founder Dan Price will slash his own $1 million salary to $70,000 and use a majority of the company's forecasted $2.2 million profits this year to help pay for the bold move. Many of the workers affected by the raise include sales and customer service representatives.

http://www.motherjones.com/mixed-media/2015/04/ceo-just-raised-his-companys-minimum-salary-70000

THIS GUY IS A LEADER.
WHAT DO U GUYS THINK?

What I think is; the guys is handsome wink
Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by TS2(m): 8:51am On Apr 15, 2015
Sure boy.
Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by ebamma(m): 9:33am On Apr 15, 2015
Raymondenyi:
I have this kind of heart
i believe u boss, but u forgot to add, on paper
Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 15, 2015
Don't believe everything you read. People do all sorts of things these days as P.R stunts. However, this is commendable if it is really true.
Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by wonlasewonimi: 10:11am On Apr 15, 2015
Did he distribute his shares as well. Will his dividends be shared also?
Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by midasbliss(f): 10:21am On Apr 15, 2015
He Wants To Be Popular...
He Wants A Good Name.
He Tried,
Waiting For This To Happen In Nigeria grin
Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by Ab025(m): 11:20am On Apr 15, 2015
When will Dangote do this....
Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by Ariyke: 11:40am On Apr 15, 2015
ijbeauty:
Can this happen in Nigeria??

I doubt
for where?
Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 15, 2015
If diz happens in naija, I will walk from to isarael...... grin
Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by Kylez(m): 1:39pm On Apr 15, 2015
I want to be like this smiley
Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by ladibright(f): 2:00pm On Apr 15, 2015
Thats really commendable, God bless his benevolence grin
Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by BabaAlabi: 2:11pm On Apr 15, 2015
This is the kind of news that uplifts the soul. Nigerians can't even comprehend this happening in this country. How many years will it take Dangote to do the same?
Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by pxjosh(m): 4:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
I can actually do such though..
Re: CEO Cuts His Salary To Give Workers Pay Rise by denedene(m): 4:40pm On Apr 15, 2015
and I taught he was Nigerian? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Help On Diamond Bank Application!! / Greentech Industries Limited, Agbara / Customer Care Representative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.