Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Jonathan Rejects Amended Constitution - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Rejects Amended Constitution (32176 Views)

How Senate Rules Were ‘amended’ For Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Elections – Clerk / How Adoke Misled GEJ Into Withdrawing Assent To Amended Constitution– Ekweremadu / President Reveals : Why I Didn’t Sign Amended Constitution – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Rejects Amended Constitution by nduchucks: 4:29pm On Apr 16, 2015
jpphilips:

Are you sure you have read the Nigerian constitution before??

I'd appreciate if you would educate me on the constitutional provision which empowers the President to veto constitutional amendments as opposed to Bills. I may have missed it. Thanks in advance.
Re: Jonathan Rejects Amended Constitution by Badgers14: 10:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
jpphilips:

The posts were written in blue fonts to enhance visibility, where you respond with that contraption above, I will definitely overrule blindness but I will suspect comprehension issues, at this point, I will have to make it clear that I don't do well with those kinda people, most times I take it personal, I need no rubbish on my mention.

Nobody said that Netanyahu went to address congress to change Obama's veto, how you arrived there is where I need to wonder whether English is that difficult, you can stick with your fellow confucianists next time.
And to believe that someone who has comprehension problems can really offer "practical help" murders logic.

To be clear, the last paragraph of that post is just there to emphasize "how far congress went" to garner public support for their motive, because being an ally with a plethora of lobbyists in congress already knows that his message will be hinged on his recurrent paranoia; how deadly Iran is, and how much a threat she is to the stability of the middle east.

Na you get your mouth, you fit use am chop $hit.
Re: Jonathan Rejects Amended Constitution by jpphilips(m): 11:34am On Apr 17, 2015
nduchucks:

I'd appreciate if you would educate me on the constitutional provision which empowers the President to veto constitutional amendments as opposed to Bills. I may have missed it. Thanks in advance.

Sorry, no free classes today, Kindly go and pay school fees!!
Re: Jonathan Rejects Amended Constitution by nduchucks: 1:10pm On Apr 17, 2015
jpphilips:

Sorry, no free classes today, Kindly go and pay school fees!!

Most times your posts are spot on, but I'm afraid that this time around you are wrong.

The President can only veto Bills and NASS can override the said veto if they have enough votes. This veto power does not extend to amendments to the constitution which are not Bills which could become Laws upon the President's signature.

I challenge you to site the constitutional provision which contradicts my statement.

With respect,
Nduka Chukwunenye.
Re: Jonathan Rejects Amended Constitution by jpphilips(m): 11:45pm On Apr 17, 2015
nduchucks:

Most times your posts are spot on, but I'm afraid that this time around you are wrong.

The President can only veto Bills and NASS can override the said veto if they have enough votes. This veto power does not extend to amendments to the constitution which are not Bills which could become Laws upon the President's signature.

I challenge you to site the constitutional provision which contradicts my statement.

With respect,
Nduka Chukwunenye.

The constitution did not make provision for any limitations on presidential veto, haven said that, David mark is on a mission to destroy this country because he has lost his exalted position of senate president.

why is this amendment not passed when Jonathan was the president?
The aftermath will destroy this democracy.

Legislature being more powerful than a president is a misnomer and we should be protesting that anomie as we speak.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Begins Distribution Of N5bn Clean Cooking Stoves: Leadership News / Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu / Prepare For Ransom: Bandits Tell Family Of Man Kidnapped In Kaduna Train Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.