Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Best Courses In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best Courses In Nigeria (1167 Views)

BEST Courses To Read In Nigeria For Better Opportunities / Best Courses With Best Employment In Nigeria / 20 Best Courses VS 20 Worse Courses In NIGERIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Courses In Nigeria by thankyouJesus(m): 8:02am On Apr 15, 2015
Nigerian has been beleveled by massive unemployment in recent years. Many jobs are being lose and few jobs are being created mainly by the private sectors. One of the essential reasons of having a higher education is to secure a better job.
Though in Nigeria, there are limited jobs avaliable when compare with large number of job seeker. Despite government policy and their perceived conviction of finding a lasting solution for unemployment and youth empowerment, much has not been changed recently.
In as much as the content of this article is not about unemployment, but it helps to drive us and shine more light about choosing courses or programme in our universities for a better employability.
In these tough unemployment condition where more graduates are joining already graduated student in search of a better job, for future students planning to enroll for their higher education degrees in Nigeria univerisities, there is need to consider and choose a course that holds a better future for you than just going to university because you want to follow other or you want to please society for being a graduate.
I stand to be corrected. In most developed world, the department of labour and statistic usually publish a labour outlook report which predicts jobs that will be in high demand currently and within a stipulated time-frame based on economic trend.
This is a vital information for those who wish to switch field and students about enrolling on for a course in the university, but there is no such statistic in Nigeria which could server as a guide. Which course hold a better future for you in Nigeria in term of employment and reasonable payment?
I do not in anyway wish to bring down any field or profession but the fact still remains that in Nigeria, there are some fields that you hardly see an advert about a vacant position. Some of the course that I listed here can be rewarding with high chances of employment and big bucks salary.
1. Health care:
Health care is an indispensible area in human endeavour. We can carry out activities soundly only when we are healthy. No matter the way you look at it. Medicine as a course hold better employment opportunity. There are other mergering field within the medical field, biomedical engineering, telemedicine ect. that can boost you chance of employment.
2. Engineering:
Engineering is without mention a good field to choose. Many will argue with me that there are a lot of engineering graduates that loiters along the street with no job. Beside being true but the opportunities are glaring.
If you are thinking of engineering course, I presumably beleive that telecommunication specialities is that bomb, things like antenna technology and signal processing. Also the next hot area within computer is mobile apps. Almost every tech guy in Nigeria is preaching about web development and design while limited companies are in mobile apps world. You can fit in by learning java for Java 2 ME and andriod apps or objective C for Iphone and Ipad apps development
3. Environmental:
The whole world is pushing and moving towards green evironment, green production and green energy. Alternative energy is an emegring area that will bring back life to graduate who followed this path in the degrees. The courses to consider within these areas are biotechnology (biogas production), solar energy generation and bio-remediation.
4. Marketing:
Almost every company is in the business to make profit. As Nigerian economy constantly expands and grows, there will be a continous need for marketers who will use their professional skills to make sure that their products are not only produce but customers are waiting for it to be produce. Consider Marketing within the faculty of management science.
5. Designers:
Graphic design, animator and video game designer is a constantly growing area in Nigeria that might interest you. If you are interested, you can choose to study computer graphics in the university, I wish to emphasis that passion drives most of the things we enjoy doing. Make sure that the passion is there before starting.
This is not the exhausted list of the best study field or professions that has a better opportunity and possible big salary. You can suggest your own field and it might serve as an idea for others.
Enjoy………

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti State University 2015/2016 Admission(eksu) / How To Gain More Respect From Your Girlfriend / KWASU Post-utme Application And Registration Procedure 2015/2016 Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.