Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Help With Netbeans Platform RCP Drag And Drop Implementation - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help With Netbeans Platform RCP Drag And Drop Implementation (1534 Views)

How To Make From $200-$2000 Building Mobile App With Zero Code..drag And Drop / Implementation of Part of speech tagger for Igbo and Yoruba / Need Help On How To Use Netbeans IDE 8.0.2 For Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Netbeans Platform RCP Drag And Drop Implementation by kudaisi(m): 3:22pm On Apr 15, 2015
I kinda new to the Netbeans Platform RCP and I'm currently working on a project using the platform. I'm having a problem implementing drag and drop a node from and Explorer View to a TopComponent. I'll googled as much as possible however I've not been able to find something specific to my need any help will be grateful. I'm willing to share the source code if i have to.
Re: Help With Netbeans Platform RCP Drag And Drop Implementation by jaelz(m): 7:57am On Apr 16, 2015
kudaisi:
I kinda new to the Netbeans Platform RCP and I'm currently working on a project using the platform. I'm having a problem implementing drag and drop a node from and Explorer View to a TopComponent. I'll googled as much as possible however I've not been able to find something specific to my need any help will be grateful. I'm willing to share the source code if i have to.

sorry could you limit the scope of your problem or be more specific
Re: Help With Netbeans Platform RCP Drag And Drop Implementation by kudaisi(m): 8:34am On Apr 16, 2015
I am working on a GIS project, see screen shot below, If you look to the right of the picture you'll see some symbols. i want to be able to drag those symbols and drop them on the map to the center.

The explorer view to the Right Contains some DataNodes and each DataNode contains a DataObject. Now, I understand that in the Netbeans platform to be able to drag an object from the explorer view to another component the object as to Implement Transferable interface. But what i'm not sure of is, is the the DataNodes that will implement the Transferable or the DataObject ? So far, i made my DataObject implement Transferable but each time i debug. The DataFlavor of Drag and Drop Listener for the TopComponent that I am dropping the symbol on keeps returning a null as the transfer object.

Is that specific enough?
Re: Help With Netbeans Platform RCP Drag And Drop Implementation by naijaswag1: 8:40am On Apr 19, 2015
The best way to master a framework or platform is to get hold of the documentations. It will be rare to find users of some frameworks in Java as there few developers who actually use Java Technologies for serious development in Nigeria and on this forum. For instance, I taught myself SWT after I needed my application to use native look and feel, the documentation and examples on forums such as vogella.com, stackoverflow.com and the rest were of great help. I have not used Netbeans RCP Platform, but I can deduced by mere reading the challenge that your DataNode should be the one implementing Transferable. Dataobjects as the name implies should be data models which represents the data that your DataNodes should have. I didn't google this, just trying to infer from what you explained.
Re: Help With Netbeans Platform RCP Drag And Drop Implementation by trendymart(m): 12:26pm On Apr 20, 2015
@kudaisi and co,i must commend you and some guru we have here for always having time to provide useful solutions to peoples problems as they come up on this forum..you are one of the reasons the forum has occupy a regular space in my schedule.

Pls,I want to invite you to act as a consultant for my startup. It comes with reasonable perks anyway but i need you honestly as a critic to my project which is still under construction.
pls i will be waiting for your feedback...thanks
Re: Help With Netbeans Platform RCP Drag And Drop Implementation by kudaisi(m): 1:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
naijaswag1:
The best way to master a framework or platform is to get hold of the documentations. It will be rare to find users of some frameworks in Java as there few developers who actually use Java Technologies for serious development in Nigeria and on this forum. For instance, I taught myself SWT after I needed my application to use native look and feel, the documentation and examples on forums such as vogella.com, stackoverflow.com and the rest were of great help. I have not used Netbeans RCP Platform, but I can deduced by mere reading the challenge that your DataNode should be the one implementing Transferable. Dataobjects as the name implies should be data models which represents the data that your DataNodes should have. I didn't google this, just trying to infer from what you explained.

Bro trust me I've gone through the documentation back to back. Anyway thanks, I figured it out after hours of going through documentation all over again, the problem was actually a simple xml error in my Layer.xml. I got the implementation right all along. The transferable can be either the DataObject or the DataNode. But i chosed to go with the DataNode anyway. Gratitudes.
Re: Help With Netbeans Platform RCP Drag And Drop Implementation by Krestkross: 2:46pm On May 12, 2015
[kudaisi post=32918379]

Bro trust me I've gone through the documentation back to back. Anyway thanks, I figured it out after hours of going through documentation all over again, the problem was actually a simple xml error in my Layer.xml. I got the implementation right all along. The transferable can be either the DataObject or the DataNode. But i chosed to go with the DataNode anyway. Gratitudes.[/quote] can you drop you number I have a problem I would like you to help me solve...

(1) (Reply)

Php Gurus Help Me Out: What Is Wrong With My Code?? / SAP: Help Needed / Anyone With Experience In Adobe FLEX?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.