Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,919 members, 7,824,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Any Reliable Kia Workshop ??? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Any Reliable Kia Workshop ??? (2224 Views)

Any Reliable Lexus Mechanic In Warri?? / Kia Motors Nigeria Partners With Uber / I Need Number 4 Any Reliable Mekanic Within Ladipo Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Reliable Kia Workshop ??? by OyelSheik: 3:26pm On Apr 15, 2015
I am looking for a very reliable Kia workshop. I currently use some kia cars which have always been serviced by Dana Motors but after 2 years i am fed up with the quality of service as well as their exorbitant prices.

Can any one recommend a reliable auto shop in Lagos. I have tried once to fix one of the cars outside of Dana with a mechanic recommended by a friend. Long story short, the guy was supposed to repair just the engine but ended destroying the gear selector and the car had to be returned to Kia. Spent another 65k to fix all the nonsense the outside mechanic caused.
Re: Any Reliable Kia Workshop ??? by OyelSheik: 3:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
Just incase you are wondering why i want to ditch Dana Motors ?

Well below are a list of my complaints.

1. While they claim to carry out general checkup of the car, i have discovered that, they probably don't do so. Anytime i fail to complain about a certain fault, they never address it and do not inform me that they spotted such problem. For example, one of the cars has had a noise coming from the suspension for a while now. Since this noise started, the car has been in their shop for 2 scheduled maintenance checks, yet because we didnt complain, they also failed to mention it.

this is despite the fact that they claim that their Quality control unit checks each car before returning to the customer.

2. They charge an average of 31,000 to 35, 000 for each routine service, yet at the last visit, i discovered when the vehicle was returned that the brake fluid in the master brake unit was empty, upon further inspection i discovered it was leaking. On that same car, i also found that no coolant was added to the radiator.

So my point is, what is the meaning of general service and checkup if this things were not discovered. Am i paying 32,000 naira for just engine oil change ?

The last straw that broke the camel's back was when the car was sent over with some complaints. A quote for roughly 250,000 was sent over. Upon scrutinisation i discovered that a major complaint was not made by the driver. I called and asked what had been done to the car, i was told the car had been scanned and the quote contained all spotted faults.

how do you examine a car and fail to spot that the hand brake is no longer working

Abeg, I am tired of these guys and their charges. Who knows a better spot to fix kia's
Re: Any Reliable Kia Workshop ??? by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:43pm On Apr 15, 2015
OyelSheik:
Just incase you are wondering why i want to ditch Dana Motors ?

Well below are a list of my complaints.

1. While they claim to carry out general checkup of the car, i have discovered that, they probably don't do so. Anytime i fail to complain about a certain fault, they never address it and do not inform me that they spotted such problem. For example, one of the cars has had a noise coming from the suspension for a while now. Since this noise started, the car has been in their shop for 2 scheduled maintenance checks, yet because we didnt complain, they also failed to mention it.

this is despite the fact that they claim that their Quality control unit checks each car before returning to the customer.

2. They charge an average of 31,000 to 35, 000 for each routine service, yet at the last visit, i discovered when the vehicle was returned that the brake fluid in the master brake unit was empty, upon further inspection i discovered it was leaking. On that same car, i also found that no coolant was added to the radiator.

So my point is, what is the meaning of general service and checkup if this things were not discovered. Am i paying 32,000 naira for just engine oil change ?

The last straw that broke the camel's back was when the car was sent over with some complaints. A quote for roughly 250,000 was sent over. Upon scrutinisation i discovered that a major complaint was not made by the driver. I called and asked what had been done to the car, i was told the car had been scanned and the quote contained all spotted faults.

how do you examine a car and fail to spot that the hand brake is no longer working

Abeg, I am tired of these guys and their charges. Who knows a better spot to fix kia's

I feel you. I own a kia and I fix and service my vehicle my self, if you require my services call 08023251039
Re: Any Reliable Kia Workshop ??? by lonelydora: 4:59pm On Apr 15, 2015
When i was using a Kia Cerato, i maneuvered and got one of their mechanics who comes to the house to service mine on Saturdays
Re: Any Reliable Kia Workshop ??? by dhemmyhardy(m): 5:01pm On Apr 15, 2015
@OyelSheik

How are you doing.....I can understand the less value you are
Getting for your money. Please I will like you to partner
With our Garage for this service and other repair work
We work With a lot of integrity and will put all our heart in what we do
You can come around and see for your self our garage and our
Skilled professionals on board

Please contact me for further discussion

Regards

(1) (Reply)

Does Anyone Have Experience With Honda City 06 Gear? / Help, My Car Moves Itself... / Ford Ranger Truck For Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.