Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,641 members, 7,847,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 12:15 AM

Custody Battle That Will Soon Become - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Custody Battle That Will Soon Become (434 Views)

Why Seun Egbegbe Is Still In Custody After Court Granted Him Bail / Chris Brown Pictured With Royalty After Winning Custody Battle / Some Comedians Lives Would Soon Become A Comedy – Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Custody Battle That Will Soon Become by millesacaluse: 5:28pm On Apr 15, 2015
Inventor Kyusaku Natsume transfers the brain of a cat into a topsecret android body and produces Nuku Nuku, who appears to be a normal teenage girl, but her sexy exterior hides her superhuman strength and quick senses and reflexes of a cat. She'll need these abilities to defend Ryunosuke from the forces of Mishima Heavy Industries, which is run by a ruthless businesswoman, Akiko Mishima, who just happens to be Natsume's exwife and Ryunosuke's mother! This determined feline with her catlike cunning and mechanical muscle may not be enough to stop a custody battle that will soon become an allout war!

The ReviewNot applicable, since this is a galley proof. However, I do feel that both the artwork selected and the book summary are completely inaccurate and do not describe this series well at all. Because of this, I am also bypassing this part of the review. From what was presented, the color art looks the same as in the anime, while the black and white is a bit more abstract and the characters rounded. ADV does include a nice bonus of eight extra pages with 16 color postcards on them at the end of the book. The treatment here reminds me a lot of Azumanga Daioh, and the translation is good to read. What I don't care for is the font used for some of the narrative paragraphs. The words tend to run together and it makes it hard to read.

Content (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS):

The series premise is extremely simple, and as a cat lover, I can even appreciate it. Inventor Kyusaku Natsume and his son, Ryunosuke, come across a fatally wounded cat and transfer the cat's brain into an android body thus creating Atsuko Natsume, or Nuku Nuku.

There's really not much to this story. There's no grand plot, just several stories about Nuku Nuku and her life as an android. In fact, the book summary on the back of the volume is completely inaccurate, for the majority of the book does not deal with the plot as described in the summary at all. Only small parts of the animebased fourth chapter deal with the storyline as outlined in the summary, but even that is just a sidebar to what's really going on.

The resulting stories are pretty cute and much better than what I expected them to be. The initial story features what she's like a year after she's revived as an android. The following manga stories involve her trying to understand the human mind. These are very entertaining, for they involve more character development for Nuku Nuku than http://www.celinehandbagse.com/ any sort of fan service. I loved the little catlike behaviors she exhibits, like scratching the furniture, curling up and purring to get some attention and catching a mouse to show Kyusaku that she wants to make him happy.

The final part of the book is a story using anime art, called "Nuku Nuku goes to space." Nuku Nuku comes across a badlyinjured cat in the woods and discovers that it is a cat from outer space. Following in the same pattern as the manga stories, it is a relatively simple tale. But, this one has a lot more action and a lot less of the charm that the mangastyle stories are given. Nuku Nuku and the others are given little to no character growth at all. Even Kyusaku loses the gruffness and insanity that makes his character interesting. The mangastyle stories are very well done and are extremely entertaining to read. They have a bit of fan service, but a lot of heart and I liked them a lot. The animestyle story was pretty boring, and I found myself flipping through it pretty quickly. To me, the story behind Nuku Nuku is her quest to learn how the human mind works, and that is abandoned in that last story. Catgirl fans will love this series, and it's worth picking up for the first three stories and the extra postcards featuring characters not seen in this book. However, I am extremely disappointed in ADV for mismarketing this series and hope that future editions of this book will provide a more accurate summary of its contents.

(1) (Reply)

Chris Brown Declared Wanted By Las Vegas Police / John Oyegun, Balarabe Musa Disagree On Success Of New Government / Oh Dear!! ''as A Failed Musician, You Should Seek Advice''; Denrele's Angry Fan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.