Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,774 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

#NigeriansboycottDSTV - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / #NigeriansboycottDSTV (747 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#NigeriansboycottDSTV by izinbizi(m): 10:46pm On Apr 15, 2015
I just found out that DSTV premium bouquet has been increased from 13,400 to 16,100. I had grudgingly agreed to pay 13,400 when it was increased from 10,000 just a few years back because of my kids and wife. Now it struck like a lightening bolt and I asked myself why I should pay minimum wage to a south african company when this is the average monthly pay for many Nigerian families today; upon this in the flip side of Nairaland is the horrific xenophobic attacks and killings of Nigerians by south africans. I also recently read that DSTV actually violated a Nigerian court order against this planned 20% increase in tarrif. Nigerians have become a milk cow for this south african company and we are violated with impunity and disregard to our laws. I call on Nigerians to resist this ugly trend by DSTV by boycotting subscription to its services. If we think we cannot survive without it, you may just observe that you actually view less than 10% of these DSTV channels and many of us dont even have the time to view up to 5%. Nigerians please be wise, let us resist this unlawful exploitation by DSTV by boycotting its services.

2 Likes

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by haftob(m): 11:34pm On Apr 15, 2015
I hope ppl will try it but ion tink so.
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by randomcook: 12:01am On Apr 16, 2015
@ op, good suggestion. DSTV violating court order is bad. People can actually do without it for a while it's just discipline
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by izinbizi(m): 1:14am On Apr 16, 2015
Read the recent twits by AKA the south african rapper where he acknowledged Nigeria's contribution in the liberation of S.A from apartheid and what we get in return is that their "white supremacists" have diverted their craving for black exploitation to Nigerians and our black south african brothers are killing Nigerians in xenophobic attacks? These south africans must be stopped and DSTV will be the first casualty, we will not be exploited in our own country. Nigerians we call on you to boycott DSTV, enough is enough.
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by K9blunt(f): 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2015
I only hope Nigerians will listen, but for wia!
the ignorants that bet like their lives depends on it won't listen because of football on dstv and remember they are much so boycotting won't work,
the rich ignorant won't listen because *in phoney* " I can't watch naigerrian channnells becuez its Nat ma thing, and I can affoerd ait".

the stupid ignorant ones will simply say ",if you can't afford it then don't subscribe and stop hating"

so op boycotting or protesting is over before it begins. Pele eiy
cry
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by vital123: 7:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
I have decided to put my DSTV on sale. I don't have money to waste on their subscription. Free to air makes a lot more sense to me.

(1) (Reply)

How Your Child's Actions Interprete Your Teachings / Eggs / Difference Between Finished And Complete (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.