Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Is There A Danger Of A Caste System Being Created In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is There A Danger Of A Caste System Being Created In Nigeria (624 Views)

Overcrowded Bridge In Lagos- A Danger To Life (pics) / 1985 Newspaper Story Created After Buhari Was Toppled / The Introduction Of Juvenile Suicide Bombers A Danger Signal That Must Be Checke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Danger Of A Caste System Being Created In Nigeria by Jbenue: 8:37am On Apr 16, 2015
This may sound crazy and ridiculous but with the NLand mods incessant posting of Famous/Rich couples on the front page I have notice that a lot of these famous men have either white, mixed or extremely light skin as partners, wives and gfs. And it got me wondering will a new lighter pigmented elite be created in the very near future? Surely the lighskin progeny of these relationship will seek wealthy and socially acceptable partners who will more than likely be paupau in complexion.

As it says in the book of Ecclesiastes "There is nothing new under the sun." This is hardly the first time in history that such a phenomenon will be occurring. Through out the vast histories of China and India the same sequence of wealth, power and complexion has been repeated so many times that it is now an intrinsic part of their modern society. In Europe it was very prevalent, lighter skin was seen as a sign of wealth and prestige while darker tones were associated with labour and peasantry.

So is Nigeria in the future going to be economically divided along pigment lines, like the inhabitants of the island of Hispaniola? I think so but only time will tell.
Re: Is There A Danger Of A Caste System Being Created In Nigeria by mstik(f): 8:43am On Apr 16, 2015
Don't get it twisted..
I'm very positive that the posts made on NL in general do not hit front page because of skin color or what not...
Lai skinned people seem to be preferred or more favored in general..
that's why there's a prevalence of white washed hoes these days
#okbye#
Re: Is There A Danger Of A Caste System Being Created In Nigeria by Jbenue: 9:00am On Apr 16, 2015
mstik:
Don't get it twisted..
I'm very positive that the posts made on NL in general do not hit front page because of skin color or what not...
Lai skinned people seem to be preferred or more favored in general..
that's why there's a prevalence of white washed hoes these days
#okbye#

I never said that NL post lighskin people on front page, what I said was that Nl post photos of couples on the front page and I happen to notice that alot of the black male celebs were in toe with women of a lighter complexion which got me pondering.
Re: Is There A Danger Of A Caste System Being Created In Nigeria by mstik(f): 9:04am On Apr 16, 2015
Which means that these 'male celebs' have a preference for light skint babes and nothing can be done bout that
Jbenue:

I never said that NL post lighskin people on front page, what I said was that Nl post photos of couples on the front page and I happen to notice that alot of the black male celebs were in toe with women of a lighter complexion which got me pondering.
Re: Is There A Danger Of A Caste System Being Created In Nigeria by Jbenue: 9:07am On Apr 16, 2015
mstik:
Which means that these 'male celebs' have a preference for light skint babes and nothing can be done bout that

So I am asking do you think in the future the elites who will wield all of the power in Nigeria will be almost a separate race from the rest of the population.
Re: Is There A Danger Of A Caste System Being Created In Nigeria by mstik(f): 9:11am On Apr 16, 2015
Oga, in all honesty, I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill
just because team Lai skinned people seem to be more preferred, it doesn't mean that in the future, all elites who wield...
How many light skinned politicians can you Count?..
Jbenue:

So I am asking do you think in the future the elites who will wield all of the power in Nigeria will be almost a separate race from the rest of the population.
Re: Is There A Danger Of A Caste System Being Created In Nigeria by Jbenue: 9:15am On Apr 16, 2015
mstik:
Oga, in all honesty, I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill
just because team Lai skinned people seem to be more preferred, it doesn't mean that in the future, all elites who wield...
How many light skinned politicians can you Count?..

very few but i can think of quite a number of politicians who are married to mixed women or very light skin women.. and in future I say 30 years you will start seeing what I mean.

(1) (Reply)

Attackers Of Ondo Deputy Governor Arrested ;mimiko Order Their Immediate Release / How Jonathan Plotted To Rig Polls, Abduct Jega / Gunmen Burgle Jonathan Aide’s Home, Cart Away Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.