Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Wendy Williams Says Women Shouldn’t Get Married Until Their 30s - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Wendy Williams Says Women Shouldn’t Get Married Until Their 30s (2154 Views)

Photo: Three Sisters Get Married The Same Day / P-square’s Peter Okoye To Get Married To Lola In Nov / See Why Ladies Shouldn’t Be Exposing Their Bóobs Anyhow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wendy Williams Says Women Shouldn’t Get Married Until Their 30s by nex(m): 8:39am On Apr 16, 2015
Outspoken talk show host Wendy Williams is of the opinion that women should not get married till they are in their thirties. This won’t go down well with African parents!

The 50 year old is of the opinion that women should spend their 20s focusing on their career. She made this known in an interview with Forbes Woman Magazine, where she talked about her career and balancing family with work.
She said,

I do feel it is difficult for men to accept really successful career women. Whether it be that we out-earn them or the marquee, our names are brighter than their own. I also feel like marriage and babies stunt a woman’s growth career-wise and they don’t understand like, once you get married and once you have kids, you can’t do all the things that you used to do and maintain this important precious thing you’ve built as a family.

So my suggestion to women, always, is to use your entire 20s…work your behind off in your career and get some ground footing, then think about meeting that guy. Even if you’ve met him at 27, don’t get engaged and don’t move to where he is. This is about you and your career. Because we are the ones that lose in marriage.

Not men! Men can have all their boys’ nights out and whenever we have a girls’ night out I’m always, ‘I gotta leave, it’s soccer practice.’ I’m not saying that’s a bad thing. I’m saying that as a woman who’s been married for 17 years, we’re still expected to empty the dishwasher and we’re still expected to maintain our household.

Wendy I agree with you on this one! But what about women who haven’t figured out their career until their 30s?! Should they wait till their 40s?
- See more at: http://www.that1960chick.com/2015/04/16/wendy-williams-says-women-shouldnt-get-married-until-their-30s-do-you-agree-with-this/

Re: Wendy Williams Says Women Shouldn’t Get Married Until Their 30s by Osasemma(f): 8:52am On Apr 16, 2015
30 ke? No way. She should try d next bus stop
Re: Wendy Williams Says Women Shouldn’t Get Married Until Their 30s by sammieblaize: 9:04am On Apr 16, 2015
Coming from the old Arrow trying to feel good about herself.. she's 50 God knows if she's married
Re: Wendy Williams Says Women Shouldn’t Get Married Until Their 30s by dominique(f): 9:24am On Apr 16, 2015
I get where she's coming from as she married in her 20s and the marriage crashed. But age differs from maturity, a lot of women out there who married in their 20s with their careers intact.
Re: Wendy Williams Says Women Shouldn’t Get Married Until Their 30s by nex(m): 1:25pm On Apr 16, 2015
Personally, I feel this woman should keep her advise to herself. Different things work for different people. Medically, it is not very good to have kids late, aside from that, there have been women who were married in their 20’s and are still quite successful career-wise.

For any individual, woman or man, whose career means the world to them, this advise can be good for them because the main thing they care about in life is their career. For people to whom family is everything, those should try to get married early in life in order to start building a great family. Those that want a balance should learn from the people who are successful balancing an early marriage and a good career successfully.

(1) (Reply)

MTV VMA 2018: Full List Of Winners / Video-- ( 5 Yrs Old ) Igbo Boy Making Money By Playing Drums In Enugu / Kiss Family Entertainment (KF) New Logo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.