Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,861 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze (26529 Views)

Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati / Ndigbo Have No Regrets Voting Against Buhari – ohanaeze / Why We Are Supporting Buhari - G7 Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by morbeta(m): 12:26pm On Apr 16, 2015
dinachi:
Ohaneze should quit embarrassing themselves. They are a bunch of clowns. Did Jonathan right the wrongs against ndigbo by his Ijaw brothers? Where is compensation for abandoned properties in port Harcourt?

Seconded!
Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by ichidodo: 12:26pm On Apr 16, 2015
irunoobo:

You are senseless as always
Says the male who uses female monickers on NL.....bloody hermaphrodite.

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
stronger:
WE DON'T CARE!!!!

These groups - Ohanaeze, Arewa, Afenifere. . ALL of them have proved to be useless to Nigeria so far!

What exactly do they do? Just meet, release statements and fight for THEIR pockets!! Why should a group somewhere tell me who to vote for? Why should a SS person really vote for GEJ who admitted to not doing anything for the region?

I think all these groups should be scrapped or completely ignored. They are proving to be as useless as the "p" in "psyche"!! angry angry
your father is an idiott that's why he gave birth to an idiott like you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by Sloan: 12:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
kestolove95:
Has the igbos Eva support any TIN good in Nigeria?..mtseew

Never that is why they are irrelevant! Fuc.k Ohaneze as someone said anyway! The MB and SS are still better allies and better Nigerians anyway!

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by sCun: 12:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
unite4real:

This is why i hate tribal statements. who told them that it was only Igbos that were affected in the north due to the insurgencies. all nationals and tribes were equally affected. Even the locals are the worse hit. so what is this one talking about compensating the Igbos.
Did you read it well?
He said the Igbos should be compensated together with the locals.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by cantell(m): 12:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
PStacks:
Igbo's,are the most Noble Race in Nigeria, in fact of the 3 major Tribe, Hausa , Igbo and Yoruba, the Igbo Race is the most Advanced.
I agree with you totally.

2 Likes

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by mulattoclaro(m): 12:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
martineverest:
Ur hatred for hausa ppl no get part 2
I don't just like them

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by galadima77(m): 12:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Me too...
I have no regrets whatsoever
I'll still vote GEJ again if he's going up against Buhari even today

and we shall vote massively again for the people's General to defeat Jonathan

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by galadima77(m): 12:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Me too...

and we shall vote massively again for the people's General to defeat Jonathan again.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by back2sender: 12:29pm On Apr 16, 2015
unite4real:

This is why i hate tribal statements. who told them that it was only Igbos that were affected in the north due to the insurgencies. all nationals and tribes were equally affected. Even the locals are the worse hit. so what is this one talking about compensating the Igbos.

Thank you for this . even amongst the ibos them self there is no unity, look at the mans statement below

[b]He should liaise with people-oriented organisations like Anambra Association of Town Unions, ASATU, rather than with intermediaries,” he said.

Is it only anambra people that make up the Ibo race? DISUNITY

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
roga:
The more of these statements they make, the more hatred it brings. You shouldn't be telling a president-elect why u rejected him @ the poll. Let's move forward please.
for your information we are not begging him for money .......buharı should go to hell. ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by zendy: 12:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
dinachi:

If....so you are doubting that. Well thank God for Buharis victory! Igbos now know their real enemy....the Ijaws! Never again will we vote for a conniving, clueless, silly bowler hat wearing Ijaw man. Under Buhari, we will push for compensation for the abandoned property ...at least we will get a fair hearing. Jonathan the hater of Igbos will never get our support ever again. We will also push for the cancellation of the second niger bridge toll gate that Jonathan initiated to humiliate the Igbos and put us in perpetual slavery for 25 years.

Are you sure you are Igbo? You are going to leave your Ijaw neighbour to support a northern cattle rearing illitrate who cannot defend his certificate? This same "cattle rearer" and his fellow barbarians have been killing Igbos since 1945 just because of power. The devil you know is better angel you do not know. I have no doubt that by the end of Buharis first term,many people will look back and think GEJ was a saint.
Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by SeverusSnape(m): 12:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
Toktee:
your voice is gradually going down,very soon,you and ur likes will be history,buhari is going to be for the next 8yrs.
He will rule everywhere including ur village.
No way!...Its you and your likes tongue
Remember the fulanis... grin

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 16, 2015
No one really cares
Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by africanusvu(m): 12:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
You may nt believe this,but it is notin but d truth,I stays here in d east,from that 28march eve when I dawn on all that Buhari is d ellected president of their Nigeria,Every living Ibo male/female,Young/old have already ZEROED their mind,frankly,I dnt just knw wat Buhari did to IGBOs that will warrant such hate,it can neva be erased the way I see it,he can't ever please even a dead ibo man ,I dnt realy knw wat went wrong,ibos dnt just Hate like this,u need to go down to ibo villages and hear wat they say
Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by adanny01(m): 12:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
ducii:
Awka—OHANAEZE Ndigbo, the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, said yesterday, that it had no regrets not supporting the ambition of the All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, who won the March 28, 2015 presidential poll.
Ohanaeze also flayed the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, over the death threat he allegedly issued to Igbo people residing in Lagos before the governorship election.

Speaking in an interview in Awka, the national treasurer of the group, Chief Damian Ogene, said the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation supported President Goodluck Jonathan because of what he described as Buhari’s negative antecedents to Ndigbo.

According to him, the rejection of Buhari during the presidential poll is to remind him of the injustices perpetrated against Igbo during his earlier tenure as military Head of State.

He, however, said that since God had given Buhari an opportunity to be a democratic President of Nigeria, he should strive to right his earlier wrongs.
Ogene said: “We are ready to co-operate with him and to believe in his administration in the hope that he will, this time, address the injustices meted out to us since after the Nigerian civil war.”

He also advised the President-elect to deal only with the core people in Igbo land, rather than with the money-bags that were out of touch with Igbo nation and the masses.

“These billionaires have been using their oil money to block government from reaching the people at the grassroots level.

“He should liaise with people-oriented organisations like Anambra Association of Town Unions, ASATU, rather than with intermediaries,” he said.

He suggested to General Buhari to ensure that Igbo people, who were displaced in the northern part of the country due to the Boko Haram insurgency, received compensation as their northern counterparts, in the spirit of equity and justice.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/we-dont-regret-not-supporting-buhari-ohanaeze/

This is shameful.

After you disown your father you tell him how he is going to share the inheritance! These people cant humble themselves to respect the choice majority of Nigerians made?
Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by adanny01(m): 12:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
chymystique:
I dont regret not supporting GMB too... I wish him a suCCessful tenure though and not to forget the promises he made to Nigerians who has high expeCtations from him.

Ohanaeze should hire you as their spokes person.
Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by Kingspin(m): 12:38pm On Apr 16, 2015
I dont get this country it obvious we are never one. The 2011 election most states in the real north like Kano,Kaduna, Gombe, Niger, etc Jonathan lost there and the man ended up working for them. Now that Buhari won the election those that didnt vote for him has be made the country's enemies. We love making enemies in this country more than developing it. Someone has won election and when has it become a must that over 68million Nigerian voters will vote for a particular candidate. I mean what type of thinking is that ? This country need to talk if we are to live togather. Else no peace for development.
Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
adanny01:

Ohanaeze should hire you as their spokes person.
and buharı will make you his chief slave master
Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by nairabetguru(m): 12:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
ducii:
Awka—OHANAEZE Ndigbo, the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, said yesterday, that it had no regrets not supporting the ambition of the All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari, who won the March 28, 2015 presidential poll.
Ohanaeze also flayed the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, over the death threat he allegedly issued to Igbo people residing in Lagos before the governorship election.

Speaking in an interview in Awka, the national treasurer of the group, Chief Damian Ogene, said the apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation supported President Goodluck Jonathan because of what he described as Buhari’s negative antecedents to Ndigbo.

According to him, the rejection of Buhari during the presidential poll is to remind him of the injustices perpetrated against Igbo during his earlier tenure as military Head of State.

He, however, said that since God had given Buhari an opportunity to be a democratic President of Nigeria, he should strive to right his earlier wrongs.
Ogene said: “We are ready to co-operate with him and to believe in his administration in the hope that he will, this time, address the injustices meted out to us since after the Nigerian civil war.”

He also advised the President-elect to deal only with the core people in Igbo land, rather than with the money-bags that were out of touch with Igbo nation and the masses.

“These billionaires have been using their oil money to block government from reaching the people at the grassroots level.

“He should liaise with people-oriented organisations like Anambra Association of Town Unions, ASATU, rather than with intermediaries,” he said.

He suggested to General Buhari to ensure that Igbo people, who were displaced in the northern part of the country due to the Boko Haram insurgency, received compensation as their northern counterparts, in the spirit of equity and justice.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/we-dont-regret-not-supporting-buhari-ohanaeze/

shut up tongue

una dey regret am tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

myopic set of individuals
Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by MrEverest(m): 12:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
Kudos to Ohanaeze, I, personally do not harbour any regret for supporting Good luck, I believed he had good intentions for Nigeria but since he lost its time to move on. We will keep hoping for the best while expecting the worst. We supported Jonathan but got nothing in return, who knows Igbo might at the end fare better under Buhari. If I'm Buhari I will do everything in my power to pacify the Igbos and end once and for all, the age-long distrust between Igbo and Hausas which could be traced to the Civil war. Whatever happens, the Igbos are a very resilient people who could thrive even under oppression but for the good and survival of Nigeria, every section of the country should be giving a sense of belonging.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by aboystar: 12:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
When the elders are behaving like little children...... selfish tendency. Why has they not loaded with Jonathan for past six years now they want to show Buhari the road to their own pocket..... loosers
Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by unclejb2(m): 12:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
kestolove95:
Has the igbos Eva support any TIN good in Nigeria?..mtseew
Mumuness....sorry imbecility is not a disease, its an affliction. Igbos are the greatest contributors to Nigeria's development. U can ask people living in Lagos or Kano or PH.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by akinszz: 12:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
You don't have to regret, just lick your wound.
Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by stanech: 12:44pm On Apr 16, 2015
Chukwugekwu:
for your information we are not begging him for money .......buharı should go to hell. ..

and burn to arches

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 16, 2015
ducii:

Victim complex! These people need to stop whining so much about the past and learn to look forward
Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by johnnynwa(m): 12:45pm On Apr 16, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=18pt]FUCCCK OHANEZE angry[/size]
Please we should behave ourselves whenever we intend to talk to elders. Ohaneze, Arewa & Afenifere represent our ancestors. Their opinions are direct representation of the gods.
Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by supereagle(m): 12:45pm On Apr 16, 2015
When will Ndigbos stop this lack of foresight and display of foolishness? The politics of hatred has set that zone back once more.
Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by unite4real: 12:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
sCun:
Did you read it well?
He said the Igbos should be compensated together with the locals.

does rebuilding the schools and villages of the locals amount to compensating the Igbos as well? is there any Igbo man among the internally displaced person's camp? do not compare the damages done to these locals to that of Igbos at all. If you hear the sad tale of how the locals are assembled and assassinated, how their children are abducted and turned to sex slaves, how their entire villages are burnt down and generations wiped out, you will feel nothing but pity rather than compare to the loss of the Igbos and asking for equal compensation.
Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by ALISMILE(m): 12:48pm On Apr 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Me too...
Who cares? D point now is, who is d president elect? Keep ur hatred to ursef!
Re: We Don’t Regret Not Supporting Buhari – Ohanaeze by billyG(m): 12:49pm On Apr 16, 2015
Regret or not only change things 4 d useless tribalistic grp,always sulking over civil war experience of 45yrs ago,if japan,china,Istrael,germany are still bitter over thier ww II devastation will they hav move forward

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bishop Naga Mohammed: Shettima Released ₦210m To Rebuild Churches In Borno / PHOTOS: Festus Keyamo, Ngige In First Official Duty Together / Calabar Seaport Receives 1st Container Vessel In 13 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.