Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,713 members, 7,851,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:19 PM

Wenger Should Stop Fighting To Keep Walcott - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Wenger Should Stop Fighting To Keep Walcott (472 Views)

5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League / Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Arsene Wenger Should Let Theo Walcott Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wenger Should Stop Fighting To Keep Walcott by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:48am On Apr 16, 2015
[b]Arsene Wenger, Arsenal Manager is hopeful Theo Walcott will remain a player at Arsenal despite reports of a possible departure of the Arsenal striker. Reports linked Walcott to a move out of the Emirates with Liverpool the most likely team to get the signature of the former Southampton player.

Last month, Walcott denied reports of a bust-up with Wenger. He also denied suggestions of him negotiating with Arsenal for a new contract. Arsene Wenger is eager for Theo Walcott to extend his stay at Arsenal and he tipped Theo Walcott to return to his best despite Walcott enduring a frustrating season due to a serious knee injury.

He told reporters: "I believe he will have a great future and I want him to stay here.

"Walcott is getting better every week and will have a great goalscoring record in the future."

Theo Walcott is a quality player. His pace and quick thinking inside the box makes him an asset to Arsene Wenger. It is easy to understand why Arsene Wenger wants to keep him at the London club.

However, Wenger should draw a line when it comes to convincing players to stay at Arsenal. Despite Walcott's injury problem, Arsenal have fared well without him. It is time for Walcott to know that he is replaceable. Arsenal should keep players who want to stay at the club and not hope a player stays.

Arsene Wenger should resist a long negotiation to keep Walcott at Arsenal. Wenger should make his terms clear. If Walcott does not agree to it, Arsene should begin an early search for Walcott's replacement while preparing for Walcott's departure.

Arsenal is a club a lot of talented players want to play for. Their academy also produces great players as we have seen in Bellerin and Chamberlain. Arsenal have Joel Campbell who is looking for a chance to make an impact at the Emirates. If Walcott does not want to stay, this will give Arsene Wenger a chance to give a player like Campbell a run of games to prove his worth at Arsenal.

http://footymail..com/2015/04/wenger-should-stop-fighting-to-keep.html[/b]
Re: Wenger Should Stop Fighting To Keep Walcott by ZLANGAARD: 8:55pm On Apr 16, 2015
coming back from a cruciate ligament damage ain't easy bro so I feel for Theo.but I think Wenger is gonna try his best to keep him because a fully fit Walcott guarantees you at least 15goals a season and such players are hard to come by these days. and talking of Campbell' I don't think he's got a future at arsenal. BTW arsenal bought both bellerin and ox from Southampton and barca.
Re: Wenger Should Stop Fighting To Keep Walcott by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
ZLANGAARD:
coming back from a cruciate ligament damage ain't easy bro so I feel for Theo.but I think Wenger is gonna try his best to keep him because a fully fit Walcott guarantees you at least 15goals a season and such players are hard to come by these days. and talking of Campbell' I don't think he's got a future at arsenal. BTW arsenal bought both bellerin and ox from Southampton and barca.

Chamberlain and Bellerin were bought into the academy but they were not ready for professional play. They were groomed at the Emirates into World Class players.

Wenger is trying to keep Walcott at the club but he is demanding playing time, which is not proper. Walcott should fight for his place on the team by gaining fitness and form.

(1) (Reply)

Euro 2016 Group C Northern Ireland Vs Germany 21st June Kick Off 5pm / EPL : Manchester City Vs Westham Today At 4:00pm / EPL; Everton 1-1 Crystal Palace fulltime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.