Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

One Of The Reasons For Low Voters Turnout, Could Get Worse If Not Addressed. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Of The Reasons For Low Voters Turnout, Could Get Worse If Not Addressed. (431 Views)

Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole / Fulani Herdsmen Attacks: We Will Continue Secession Call If Not Addressed — Gani / Agbaje Laments Poor Turnout Of Voters In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Of The Reasons For Low Voters Turnout, Could Get Worse If Not Addressed. by holax: 12:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
It was observed in the recently concluded 2015 general elections that there was low voters turnout expecially in Lagos and kaduna. There are many reasons for this, one of such reasons according to my little research is migration of the electorates. Many voters have moved away from the area where they registered and were unable to go back and vote on election day thus, contributing to low voters turnout.
Some of my old neighbours had to rent an hotel, now imagine those people without relatives and friends in their old places and also can't afford to get hotel. They'll just remain in their houses and be disfranchised. This is very bad for our democracy as it will leave extremely few people determining for the whole populace and the outcome of such elections might not actually reflects what the people want.

I know this is a big problem and if not properly tackled could encourage rigging.
INEC really need to look into this issue so as not to disfranchise many voters.
Re: One Of The Reasons For Low Voters Turnout, Could Get Worse If Not Addressed. by prowlG: 12:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
Nice observations, I also noticed that.

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Begs For Forgiveness / Kylie Jenner Rocks Pink Wig, Revealing Black Bikini / Did Oba Akiolu’s Threat Work For Ambode? Yes And No!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.