Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,123 members, 7,811,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

SOUTH African Commissioner Of Police Threatens Foreigners In Living In SA - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / SOUTH African Commissioner Of Police Threatens Foreigners In Living In SA (1345 Views)

South African Family Finds Nude Lady In Bed With Their 4 Year-Old Daughter (Pic) / Nigerian Car Dealership Shop Burnt Down In SA Xenophobic Violence! / We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SOUTH African Commissioner Of Police Threatens Foreigners In Living In SA by Chigold101(m): 2:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
Chika Osueze
C==o==m==m==e==n==t
Who IS Promoting War With Foreigners In SA?
The worst thing I have ever read on this xenophobic issue is unfortunately from the South African National Police Commissioners who has just warned foreigners trying to defend themselves thus:
“The South African Police Force will not take it kindly if you foreigners try in any way to retaliate any attack on you”
Is the Commissioner effectively telling us to fold our hands while conditional death is confronting us?
President Jacob Zuma is addressing the xenophobic issue by 2.00PM CAT (Some two hours from now) and he will certainly be confronted by the implications of the Commissioners’ order.
I think it would be extreme cowardice on the part of anybody to die like a dog in a country where licensed guns of all type and rutheless precisions are lawful to be possessed by civilians.
Whatever the police commissioner means, she should bear in mind that the International community is watching: just now two leading South African Musicians have had their London shows cancelled. According to the source, “ Kelly Khumalo and cos,s shows have been cancelled with immediate effect: we are doing this in sympathy with the families of the victims of the current xenophobia in South Africa.”
Other American artists billed to be in SA this year have equally cancelled all their gigs.
Nobody is borne to hate or to kill one another- only those pushed to the wall do get addicted to either.
And when things fall apart, when the centre can no longer hold, when those entrusted with the powers to halt danger fail do so, when any type of war cannot peacefully be stopped- victims would have no option than to join the war: maybe is time foreigners in SA realized that war is the only way to abolish war.
In effect, if South Africans cannot prevent the factors that could possibly lead to war with foreigners, they must as a matter of reality, know that war itself is a violent and volatile hostility which only death or outright surrender could stop.
God: may this beautiful country not succumb to a full blown war simply because of the carelessness and recklessness of a King who with his larger entourage last time went to The Synagogue Church of All Nations in another country, for divine intervention in his country.
God Bless The Mandela Land. May those promoting this war indirectly be exposed.
Re: SOUTH African Commissioner Of Police Threatens Foreigners In Living In SA by OracleMxNelson(m): 2:56pm On Apr 16, 2015
Where is madiba
Re: SOUTH African Commissioner Of Police Threatens Foreigners In Living In SA by cbrass(m): 3:11pm On Apr 16, 2015
you ibos went too far. I saw a video Where mostly Nigerian s who definitely are ibos were wielding cutlasses and threaten your host countries it doesn't make sense and you can't win the fight in another man's land. just pack your things and leave

4 Likes

Re: SOUTH African Commissioner Of Police Threatens Foreigners In Living In SA by anwe: 3:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
This is not just right.
Re: SOUTH African Commissioner Of Police Threatens Foreigners In Living In SA by Chigold101(m): 5:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
cbrass:
you ibos went too far. I saw a video Where mostly Nigerian s who definitely are ibos were wielding cutlasses and threaten your host countries it doesn't make sense and you can't win the fight in another man's land. just pack your things and leave
this guy must be sick... I tell you.

Dont doubt me...

2 Likes

Re: SOUTH African Commissioner Of Police Threatens Foreigners In Living In SA by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 17, 2015
For me, we should have seen this coming a long time back but for the corrupt, inept and direction less prism through which the handlers of our foreign policy saw their brief. We failed to seize the golden moment for Nigeria when Nelson Mandela came into his own! Our management of the end of the apartheid years lacked creativity and proactivity so much so Nelson Mandela shut down and went to his grave appallingly disappointed at what Nigeria had become! I commend his utterances about Nigeria to my readers. All things being equal, Nigeria should have been his second home thus affording him and our leaders an opportunity to weld the two countries together for all time as partners and not bitter competitors we have now become culminating in this so called xenophobia.

My views on this issue may not be celebrated but it does indicate the rot goes deeper! For example, how many know that Thabo Mbeki should be able to find his way around Ojuelegba in Lagos unassisted and better than many Nigerians? Truth is, he and several other South Africans who later came into leadership positions in their country lived in Nigeria educated and fed on our bill because the apartheid regime longed to have them for breakfast!

When payback time came for Nigeria at the end of apartheid and commencement of black majority rule in South Africa and Thabo became President we did not leverage at all to have favours done them reciprocated. Instead our knees went weak and buckled at the altar of greed, corruption, avarice and unpatriotic zeal with our leaders cutting private deals with priviledged South Africans to compromise our wellbeing. The South Africans have so far played along as it suits them fine! What with mtn, shoprite, dstv et al reaping our large market to sustain their own economy.

The result was a large exodus of about 800,000 Nigerians to South Africa in search of a better life not in sight in Nigeria. The exodus has till date been largely unplanned, uncoordinated and without well articulated goals to further our homeland interests. Informed South Africans know all these and more - it therefore cuts no ice with them when we scream xenophobia and ingratitude in the face of current unsavoury happenings under review. We need to look inward instead!
Re: SOUTH African Commissioner Of Police Threatens Foreigners In Living In SA by MduZA: 4:11am On Apr 17, 2015
Chigold101:
Chika Osueze
C==o==m==m==e==n==t
Who IS Promoting War With Foreigners In SA?
The worst thing I have ever read on this xenophobic issue is unfortunately from the South African National Police Commissioners who has just warned foreigners trying to defend themselves thus:
“The South African Police Force will not take it kindly if you foreigners try in any way to retaliate any attack on you”
Is the Commissioner effectively telling us to fold our hands while conditional death is confronting us?
President Jacob Zuma is addressing the xenophobic issue by 2.00PM CAT (Some two hours from now) and he will certainly be confronted by the implications of the Commissioners’ order.
I think it would be extreme cowardice on the part of anybody to die like a dog in a country where licensed guns of all type and rutheless precisions are lawful to be possessed by civilians.
Whatever the police commissioner means, she should bear in mind that the International community is watching: just now two leading South African Musicians have had their London shows cancelled. According to the source, “ Kelly Khumalo and cos,s shows have been cancelled with immediate effect: we are doing this in sympathy with the families of the victims of the current xenophobia in South Africa.”
Other American artists billed to be in SA this year have equally cancelled all their gigs.
Nobody is borne to hate or to kill one another- only those pushed to the wall do get addicted to either.
And when things fall apart, when the centre can no longer hold, when those entrusted with the powers to halt danger fail do so, when any type of war cannot peacefully be stopped- victims would have no option than to join the war: maybe is time foreigners in SA realized that war is the only way to abolish war.
In effect, if South Africans cannot prevent the factors that could possibly lead to war with foreigners, they must as a matter of reality, know that war itself is a violent and volatile hostility which only death or outright surrender could stop.
God: may this beautiful country not succumb to a full blown war simply because of the carelessness and recklessness of a King who with his larger entourage last time went to The Synagogue Church of All Nations in another country, for divine intervention in his country.
God Bless The Mandela Land. May those promoting this war indirectly be exposed.

the police are doing everything in their power to protect foreign nationals...therefore it is barbaric for any immigrant to proclaim war against the locals because one injury will cause bloodshed everywhere...are those foreigners saying that the police should stop protecting them? The content of your comment clearly shows that indeed foreigners are a threat to this country...

2 Likes

Re: SOUTH African Commissioner Of Police Threatens Foreigners In Living In SA by Chigold101(m): 5:41am On Apr 17, 2015
MduZA:

the police are doing everything in their power to protect foreign nationals...therefore it is barbaric for any immigrant to proclaim war against the locals because one injury will cause bloodshed everywhere...are those foreigners saying that the police should stop protecting them? The content of your comment clearly shows that indeed foreigners are a threat to this country...
so foreigners should not defend themselves? They should fold their hands & wait for police protection even when some policemen were seen laughing at the burning bodies of some black guys.

It is good. I like your comment. Keep it up okay?

Time will tell...

We have seen how Xonophobia has clearly become Africanobia

1 Like

Re: SOUTH African Commissioner Of Police Threatens Foreigners In Living In SA by Chigold101(m): 6:14am On Apr 17, 2015
Odeotito i really dont know where you are driving to with your comment. But let me say this: Nigerians are yet to be attacked in SA. Having said that.

What do you expect Nigerian government to do? Thy should go hand on knees begging Nelson Mandela for a relationship? Too bad. Igbo people have a saying that says “okuko anaghi echezo onye foro ya odudu n‘udu mmiri (fowl does not forget the one the helped plucked its feathers in rainy season)“ it is the helped that should extend his hand to embress & thank the helper, not the other way round.

The SA govenment never ever in any record openly show they recognized Nigeria‘s contribution during their struggle for freedom from slavery (apathied).

Mandela failed to seal the relationship betwen both countries if there were any. Rivalry between Nigeria & SA was not started by Nigeria but by the South Africans who feels that they should be “number one“ in AFRICA in everything.

If Thabo Mbeki fed & ate Nigerian food right inside Nigeria, what did he do to reciprocate what was done for him? If someone helps u get over your problem, do you wait for the person to come begging before you recognise the person? Morality should tell you to first of all go to pay homage to your helper.

SA after coming out of apathied blanked out all African countries that were part of their strugle & went dining with those that held them in bondage for years (the USA & UK). Tell me that African country that SA has ever recognised. Instead they desdain every Black nation.

Nigerians are living in every country you can think of. So it is not government‘s problem or fault.

800,000 Nigerians in SA are far less than what we have living in Cameroun. So that is not any news at all.

Attracting foreign investors in ourland shouldnt be a problem. Our market is big and we are also very good in accormodating others unlike most of our African brothers who see us as enemies. Why? Because we are more hard working & always see gold where they see dirt. It is not our fault.

It is GOD‘ s special favour

1 Like

Re: SOUTH African Commissioner Of Police Threatens Foreigners In Living In SA by MduZA: 7:28am On Apr 17, 2015
Chigold101:
so foreigners should not defend themselves? They should fold their hands & wait for police protection even when some policemen were seen laughing at the burning bodies of some black guys.

It is good. I like your comment. Keep it up okay?

Time will tell...

We have seen how Xonophobia has clearly become Africanobia

boosting about defending themselves is futile because in reality they will never defend themselves....you should commend our police for their commitment..if you knew how internet works,you would understand that the police picture circulating has been tempered ..
Re: SOUTH African Commissioner Of Police Threatens Foreigners In Living In SA by Chigold101(m): 8:51am On Apr 17, 2015
MduZA:

boosting about defending themselves is futile because in reality they will never defend themselves....you should commend our police for their commitment..if you knew how internet works,you would understand that the police picture circulating has been tempered ..
well it is easier for one to defend himself in SA than in Nigeria. You know that ur country allows people to carry small arms while it is not so in Nigeria.

Yes i commend some of your policemen but not all. Especially those who of Zulu origin. I cant commend them at all

(1) (Reply)

Russian MI-24 Hind Helicopter Downed By Frontal Hit Of Ukrainian Missile / The Demilitarization Of Ukraine By Russia Is Complete! / US And NATO Fighters In Ukraine Are Turning Up Dead Allover Europe And The US.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.