Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses (2317 Views)

Buhari, 59 World Leaders Agree Sanctions On Looters / Adesola Amosu Declares War On South-south Militants,Orders Air Bombing Of Creeks / Buhari Welcomes Steps Taken By Jonathan On South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by MrsFixNaija(f): 6:58pm On Apr 16, 2015
Nigeria will no longer treat the wanton killings of its citizens with levity, the House prompted by a motion of urgent matter of public importance moved by the chairman of the House Committee on Diaspora Matters, Hon Abike Dabiri-Erewa, the House expressed sadness that the attacks has claimed many lives, ruined businesses and left many wounded.

"Nigeria frowns at the attacks and will no longer tolerate the killing of its nationals in South Africa. President Goodluck Jonathan must immediately convey this to President Zuma as a matter of urgency," the House resolved.

The lawmakers appealed to the federal government to apply the diplomatic principle of reciprocity in dealing with South Africa, adding that if South Africa continues to frustrate Nigeria businesses, Nigeria must also do the same to South Africa businesses in the country.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by tinuolababy(f): 7:08pm On Apr 16, 2015
Good
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by RoyalRoy(m): 7:13pm On Apr 16, 2015
If only we have the balls. lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by MrKnowitall: 7:14pm On Apr 16, 2015
Nigeria is not brave enough to do something like that.
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by mstik(f): 7:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
Just negodi
Speaking through one side of their mouth
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by ezeagu(m): 7:25pm On Apr 16, 2015
Nah una go suffer am.
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by jimi4us: 7:25pm On Apr 16, 2015
please source abi stew?
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by EVarn(m): 7:35pm On Apr 16, 2015
The sanctions will simply be lifted by the incoming APC government due to their strong ties with the South African president,Jacob Zuma.
I support the implementation of partial sanctions on south african businesses,especially DStv which recently held our court order in contempt.
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by ikelvin(m): 7:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
They should sanction dem ASAP.
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by Opinedecandid(m): 8:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
Diplomacy, I plead.
Tamper justice with mercy, naija.
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by nationwide1(m): 8:05pm On Apr 16, 2015
It's time to show South Africans our might too. They should be taught a lesson so that they learn no one is an island.
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by otr1(m): 8:10pm On Apr 16, 2015
...by merging MTN and DSTv into Glo and Daar Sat respectively. cool

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by tempest69: 8:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
Shut down mtn and dstv. We pay too much including their bills (SAcan)

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by gerrardomendes(m): 8:14pm On Apr 16, 2015
RoyalRoy:
Men like castro, gadaffi, ahmedinajad, Putin wouldnt think twice

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by Geraucald(m): 8:15pm On Apr 16, 2015
I pray this is true.
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by daveP(m): 9:25pm On Apr 16, 2015
MrKnowitall:
Nigeria is not brave enough to do something like that.
i think we can actually do that and even coat it with more. We seem to tolerate all these foreign business in the name of investments. The only hitch is filling in the gap with virtually no space.
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by sarmiie(m): 9:29pm On Apr 16, 2015
yeah, this is good.

can they act like this against russia, or even isreal??

they talk about foreigners taking over their businesses, and yet its the shops they burn and people going on the streets they kill. if they really wanna send off foreigners, they should send away the europeans they claim to hate, not those who toil to look for their bread.

and if you check well, from the pics i've seen, it seems its the jobless poor unfortunate souls who r d culprits. sensible, hardworking SAans r busy chasing dough. For the first time, i understand what my igbo friends have been telling me.

i feel SO PISSED!!!!!

freeze their businesses for a while.
freeze it all.
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
Still considering?
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by Chigold101(m): 9:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
Well no Nigerians has been killed or wounded in what is happening in SA as of today. They are attacking other citezens more for now.

Talking about SA businesses in Nigeria. It is funny because we do not even know who owns those businesses.

First question should be, what are the requiements for any foriegn investor that wants to invest in Nigeria? How much (many) equity do Nigerians have (hold) in these companies.

If for example we go into burning houses or cutting wire of Shoprite or MTN; who loses more? We Nigerins will be the losers.
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 16, 2015
angry angry now, thats the move i want...from Nigeria.....not the withdrawal of her citizens....na them waka go...na them go waka come back...simple!!!
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by ki02020(m): 10:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
U guys should just relax BABA Is on the way, operation no nonsense even if they are our so called african brother
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by Crieff(m): 10:07pm On Apr 16, 2015
What is GEJ saying on this issue? Why is he so damn quiet?! Why am I even expecting differently from this...?!
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by ifyan(m): 10:10pm On Apr 16, 2015
Long over due
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 16, 2015
Anything to break Dstv monopoly of the English Premiership and Champions League will be ok for me...
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by wordcat(m): 10:16pm On Apr 16, 2015
RoyalRoy:

Shut up

1 Like

Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by asadike(f): 10:31pm On Apr 16, 2015
Give south africa a full dose of their own medicine
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by cjrane: 10:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
MrsFixNaija:

Nigeria will no longer treat the wanton killings of its citizens with levity, the House prompted by a motion of urgent matter of public importance moved by the chairman of the House Committee on Diaspora Matters, Hon Abike Dabiri-Erewa, the House expressed sadness that the attacks has claimed many lives, ruined businesses and left many wounded.

"Nigeria frowns at the attacks and will no longer tolerate the killing of its nationals in South Africa. President Goodluck Jonathan must immediately convey this to President Zuma as a matter of urgency," the House resolved.

The lawmakers appealed to the federal government to apply the diplomatic principle of reciprocity in dealing with South Africa, adding that if South Africa continues to frustrate Nigeria businesses, Nigeria must also do the same to South Africa businesses in the country.

One thing I know about South Africa and their citizens is that they have no respect for people that threaten and take no action. Nigeria is one country that always issues empty threats and South Africans know that.
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by lekkie073(m): 10:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
Chigold101:
Well no Nigerians has been killed or wounded in what is happening in SA as of today. They are attacking other citezens more for now.

Talking about SA businesses in Nigeria. It is funny because we do not even know who owns those businesses.

First question should be, what are the requiements for any foriegn investor that wants to invest in Nigeria? How much (many) equity do Nigerians have (hold) in these companies.

If for example we go into burning houses or cutting wire of Shoprite or MTN; who loses more? We Nigerins will be the losers.
there is what we call forceful nationalisation. Barclay's bank was forcefully nationalized when the Nigerian govt told them not to buy SA bonds which they went ahead to buy......
With comsat(owned by jagaban), I expect dstv to be ready for stiff competition the way hitv worried them within so small a time
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by denedene(m): 3:12am On Apr 17, 2015
these people should make use of their salaries... it's not by sitting down in the assembly. put the damn ban already, Dstv first angry
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by Chigold101(m): 5:35am On Apr 17, 2015
lekkie073:
there is what we call forceful nationalisation. Barclay's bank was forcefully nationalized when the Nigerian govt told them not to buy SA bonds which they went ahead to buy......
With comsat(owned by jagaban), I expect dstv to be ready for stiff competition the way hitv worried them within so small a time
my brother this is 2015 and all the foriegn companies you have in Nigeria are co owned with Nigerians unlike what was obtainable in the 60s & early 70s.

Therefore there cant be forceful anything now. The government can only frame & depot the foriegn partners.
Re: BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:06am On Apr 17, 2015
Talk is cheap!

(1) (Reply)

Revealed how Govenor Wike Influenced Supreme Court Ruling – Peterside-Daily post / BIAFRA POUND Now Legal, Exchanges For N368 / Buhari Finally Spits Fire On National Assembly Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.