Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,864 members, 7,866,325 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:04 PM

New Fraud. Pls Beware!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Fraud. Pls Beware!! (1056 Views)

New Fraud. Pls Beware!!! / New Fraud On Instagram By Scammers / New Fraud Using Banks, Pls Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Fraud. Pls Beware!! by Jackeeh(m): 10:41pm On Apr 16, 2015
Given below is what happened to someone & he has narrated this in his own words:

" I received a call from someone claiming that he was from my mobile Service provider and he asked me to shutdown my phone for 2 hours for 3G update to take place. As I was rushing for a meeting,I did not question, but just shut down my cell phone. After 45 minutes I felt very suspicious since the caller did not even introduce his name. I quickly turned on my cell phone and saw several missed calls from my family members and the others were from the number that had called me earlier –I called my parents and I was shocked that they sounded very worried asking me whether I am safe. My parents told me that they had received a call from someone claiming that they had me with them and asking for money to let me free. The call was so real and my parents even heard 'my voice' crying out loud asking for help. My father was at the bank waiting for next call to proceed for money transfer. I told my parents that I am safe and asked them to lodge a police report .Right after that I received another call from the guy asking me to shutdown my cell phone for another 1 hour which I refused to do and hung up. They kept calling my cell phone until the battery had run down. I myself lodged a police report and I was informed by the officer that there were many such scams reported. MOST of the cases reported that the victim had already transferred the money! And it is impossible to get back the money. Be careful as this kind of scam might happen to any of us!!!Those guys are so professional and very convincing during calls. If you are asked to shut down your cell phone for updates by the service provider, ASK AROUND!Your family or friends might receive the same call. "Be Safe and Stay Alert!Please pass around to your family and friends !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Fraud. Pls Beware!! by daimsy(f): 10:53pm On Apr 16, 2015
God save us o.different ways of doing evil.

1 Like

Re: New Fraud. Pls Beware!! by boman2014: 10:54pm On Apr 16, 2015
Have heard similar tales. Thank God yu weren't scam

1 Like

Re: New Fraud. Pls Beware!! by donklint86: 11:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
Thanks so much for this info

1 Like

Re: New Fraud. Pls Beware!! by seggzz(m): 11:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
Jackeeh:
Given below is what happened to someone & he has narrated this in his own words:

" I received a call from someone claiming that he was from my mobile Service provider and he asked me to shutdown my phone for 2 hours for 3G update to take place. As I was rushing for a meeting,I did not question, but just shut down my cell phone. After 45 minutes I felt very suspicious since the caller did not even introduce his name. I quickly turned on my cell phone and saw several missed calls from my family members and the others were from the number that had called me earlier –I called my parents and I was shocked that they sounded very worried asking me whether I am safe. My parents told me that they had received a call from someone claiming that they had me with them and asking for money to let me free. The call was so real and my parents even heard 'my voice' crying out loud asking for help. My father was at the bank waiting for next call to proceed for money transfer. I told my parents that I am safe and asked them to lodge a police report .Right after that I received another call from the guy asking me to shutdown my cell phone for another 1 hour which I refused to do and hung up. They kept calling my cell phone until the battery had run down. I myself lodged a police report and I was informed by the officer that there were many such scams reported. MOST of the cases reported that the victim had already transferred the money! And it is impossible to get back the money. Be careful as this kind of scam might happen to any of us!!!Those guys are so professional and very convincing during calls. If you are asked to shut down your cell phone for updates by the service provider, ASK AROUND!Your family or friends might receive the same call. "Be Safe and Stay Alert!Please pass around to your family and friends !!!

He that like awoof sometimes pay for the consequences. stop looking for awoof.
Re: New Fraud. Pls Beware!! by bigiyaro(m): 11:09pm On Apr 16, 2015
if not that d nigerian police is a joke, the bank transfer would have being a very gud bait or trap.

1 Like

Re: New Fraud. Pls Beware!! by jacabi(m): 11:52pm On Apr 16, 2015
If to talk of brain, naija got it but unfortunately many use it in wrong ways. Imagine how great it would be if all these scammers could channel their brains toward good innovations

1 Like

Re: New Fraud. Pls Beware!! by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
The economy is too tough .... undecided
Re: New Fraud. Pls Beware!! by Strongfaze(m): 4:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
3G noni. Everybody want download quick quick!
Re: New Fraud. Pls Beware!! by MARKone(m): 9:56am On Apr 18, 2015
Jackeeh:

Nigeria, this na Virtual Kidnapping abi na wetin we go call am. Thanks for the heads up OP. It is really heartbreaking, the time, energy, and mental task, youths use to conjure up these scams, if they channel it to something more positive, the country would be better for it, and I still believe this menace can be easily stopped, very easy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tension! See How North And South Korea Exchange Artillery Fire Today (images) / See What Nija Comedy Actor Mr Ibu Said About People Who Diverted Money Frm Jona / So Sad!Remaining Missing Female Student Of ABU Zaria Found Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.