Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,018 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) (14879 Views)

Dino Melaye And Ali Ndume In War Of Words Over Screening Of Ibrahim Magu / #BenueSouthDecides: David Mark Leads In 5 LGAs With Over 18000 Votes - Vanguard / Jonathan Wins Ekiti With 176,474 Votes - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by Nobody: 1:13am On Apr 17, 2015
Claims by Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo
State that 140‚000 All Progressive Congress‚
APC, votes were voided in the last presidential
election, have been refuted by the Peoples
Democratic Party, PDP, in the state.

In his broadcast to thank the people of the
state for voting the APC in the last general
elections, Oshiomhole had, said: “lt is on
record that Edo State is the only state within
the South-East and South-South geo-political
zones where the President-elect, General
Muhammadu Buhari, secured the highest
number of 45 percent of votes cast.
“It is now clear that the about 140,000 votes
out of the 150,000 voided, were actually APC
votes. If we add 140,000 votes to the 208,000
votes declared by Independent National
Electoral Commission, INEC, it is clear that
General Buhari won the election in Edo State
“I am very excited by this outcome. Indeed, all
Nigerians other than those blinded by religious
and ethnic sentiments, are proud of the
outcome. I am glad that you resisted the
subversive generosity, the open monetary
inducement displayed by our opponents and
you voted for change. I cannot thank you
enough for doing us proud in the manner you
voted.”

But reacting, state Chairman of PDP, Chief
Dan Orbih, in a statement in Benin, described
Oshiomhole’s claim as untrue, saying: “We
consider this utterance as pathetic, to say the
least. When did Oshiomhole become a
Returning Officer in INEC that he now
apportions electoral figures?

“We had expected Oshiomhole to have learned
some lessons in the resounding victory of the
PDP in the election but we have again seen
that the governor has not desisted from his
old ways of playing on the intelligence of Edo
people.”

Orbih insisted that the governor was
economical with the truth, saying: “To set the
record straight, 97,414 out of the cancelled
150,000 votes were in respect of the cancelled
votes in Orhiomwon Local Government Area
where no vote was recorded.

“They were not voided but cancelled votes.
Orhionmwon council was not captured in the
election and the entire people who collected
PVCs in the council were disenfranchised

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/oshiomhole-pdp-trade-words-over-alleged-140000-voided-votes/

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by Nobody: 1:20am On Apr 17, 2015
Governor Go and Die is a funny man. He has become INEC to determine the candidate/party those 140,000 voided votes were "meant" for. APC and the Confusionism.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by chymystique(f): 1:34am On Apr 17, 2015
"It is now clear that the about 140,000 votes

How did he know that APC owns 140000 of the votes cancelled?. Am wondering the valid reason for his excitement is all about.. He is just trying to console himself with those imaginary votes.
APC always crying when things dont favour them!

12 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by Habayomie(m): 2:38am On Apr 17, 2015
^^true talk

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by ionsman: 2:41am On Apr 17, 2015
Oshiomhole talks too much abeg. Some things are better left unsaid.

8 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by newsomtin(m): 10:25am On Apr 17, 2015
Iamsynord:
Claims by Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo
State that 140‚000 All Progressive Congress‚
APC, votes were voided in the last presidential
election, have been refuted by the Peoples
Democratic Party, PDP, in the state.

In his broadcast to thank the people of thehhh
state for voting the APC in the last general
elections, Oshiomhole had, said: “lt is on
record that Edo State is the only state within
the South-East and South-South geo-political
zones where the President-elect, General
Muhammadu Buhari, secured the highest
number of 45 percent of votes cast.
“It is now clear that the about 140,000 votes

“I am very excited by this outcome. Indeed, all
Nigerians other than those blinded by religious
and ethnic sentiments, are proud of the
outcome. I am gl

ad that you resisted the
subversive generosity, the open monetary
inducement displayed by our opponents and
you voted for change. I cannot thank you
enough for doing us proud in the manner you
voted.”

But reacting, state Chairman of PDP, Chief
Dan Orbih, in a statement in Benin, described
Oshiomhole’s claim as untrue, saying: “We
consider this utterance as pathetic, to say the
least. When did Oshiomkhole become a
Returning Officer in INEC that he now
apportions electoral figures?

“We had expected Oshiomhole to have learned
some lessons in the resounding victory of the
PDP in the election but we have again seen
that the governor has not desisted from his
old ways of playing on the intelligence of Edo
people.”

Orbih insisted that the governor was
economical with the truth, saying: “To set the
record straight, 97,414 out of the cancelled
150,000 votes were in respect of the cancelled
votes in Orhiomwon Local Government Area
where no vote was recorded.

“They were not voided but cancelled votes.
Orhionmwon council was not captured in the
election and the entire people who collected
PVCs in the council were disenfranchised

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/oshiomhole-pdp-trade-words-over-alleged-140000-voided-votes/

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:25am On Apr 17, 2015
Janjaweedz and cries are like South West and Violence

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by afuye(m): 10:26am On Apr 17, 2015
My Governor has said it all

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by sammyj: 10:26am On Apr 17, 2015
Governor Oshi baba is the pain in the neck and the best SS governor that did not allowed sentiment to cloud his judgment. I trust the good loving none bias poeple of Edo will benefit greatly from GMB's administration. I can never believe PDP for any thing since they have been lying to Nigerians and leaving in self denial since 1800 BC !!! cheesy grin grin grin

SAI OSHI BABA !!!

SAI EDO STATE !!!

SAI GMB/PYO !!!!

SAI Nigeria !!!

SAI BABA GOD !!!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 17, 2015
wish yar'adua can give this man a sound slap

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by efilefun(m): 10:27am On Apr 17, 2015
CHANGE STARTS WITH US..
When someone in the car ahead of u throws wastes on the road, drive next to him, roll down your window & shout, "change!" # ChangeNigeria
When you are on a queue and someone tries to force his way in front, scream "change!!". ‪#‎ChangeNigeria‬.
At the point of entry either air or sea port, a custom or immigration official is trying to collect bribe. Shout Change. # Change Nigeria
A landlord that habitually increases a house rent. Shout to him Change. # Change Nigeria
Any irregularities in the measurement of food items in the market or display of fake un-merchantablematerial in a supermarket or drug store. Shout Change. # ChangeNigeria
Any lecturer that is hell-bent to collect bribe either in cash or kind. Shout to him Change. # Change Nigeria
Any public / private servant that is stealing our national heritage. Shout Change.# Change Nigeria#
When a police officer stops your car and says "Oga, anything for the boys?", tell him, "change!". #ChangeNigeria
When you walk past any Nigerian who throws paper or banana peel on the floor, stop him and tell him, "change!". #ChangeNigeria.
If you are in a bus and driver is driving like a mad man, shout "change!" #ChangeNigeria.
When somebody is trying to jump a queue either at the bank, fuel stations or ATM stands shout Change. ‪#‎change‬ Nigeria #
When Electricity official cut your light unjustly shout Change. # Change Nigeria#
If someone is answering a phone and lies about his location, shout change #
If you are a friend to a man who goes to meet another woman and deceives his wife that he is travelling on an official duty, whisper CHANGE!
When a fuel attendant wants to under dispense fuel into ur car remind him about "Change " #Change Nigeria
LET'S CHANGE and watch our Country grow in Leaps

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 17, 2015
We don't have any evidence to corroborate his claims; but we don't have any evidence to discard them either.

9 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by hemartins(m): 10:28am On Apr 17, 2015
140,000 APC votes. How did he know the votes belong to a certain party.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by Bants(m): 10:28am On Apr 17, 2015
Oshimole used to be a good man although i dont know much about except when he was a NLC leader but as a governor he has been awful e.g telling a widow to go and die .....but feel free to correct me sha if he doing something go

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by moyinoluwabun(m): 10:28am On Apr 17, 2015
Our politicians always looking for excuse to save dia face from shame.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by naijainfogalery: 10:28am On Apr 17, 2015
na wa ooo, The war is over you guys can now embrace yourselves. This goes out to everyone that thought there would be voilence tongue, everyone that thought Nigeria would break up tongue everyone that still have bad thought against Nigeria tongue tongue and everyone that wishes the current President and the president elect dead tongue tongue tongue

MY word to you is GO GET A LIFE. NIGERIA is stronger than ever. BAD BELLE go and jump inside fire.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by dhorlipizzu(m): 10:28am On Apr 17, 2015
barcanista post=32805000:
Governor
Go and Die is a funny man. He has become INEC to determine the candidate/party those 140,000 voided votes were "meant" for. APC and the Confusionism.

Ur mpa(i mean ur real papa)

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by umarc19: 10:28am On Apr 17, 2015
Wind don blow..i smell foul nyash grin grin
Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by Strongfaze(m): 10:29am On Apr 17, 2015
Based on permutations he is correct.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by Henrick007: 10:29am On Apr 17, 2015
Text Join to 141 on airtel, to check mb *123 *133#
Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by Ddonoflife(m): 10:30am On Apr 17, 2015
pdp is synonymous to scam

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by qreem231(m): 10:30am On Apr 17, 2015
PDP should jst move on and strategize 4 2019.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by Ddonoflife(m): 10:31am On Apr 17, 2015
Henrick007:
Text Join to 141 on airtel, to check mb *123 *133#
*123# for ur airtel balance
Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by besttrader: 10:32am On Apr 17, 2015
Although, I supported the APC (not necessarily the APC, but GMB due to his stance on corruption), I think statements like this from the Governor of Edo State is not necessary at this point in time. What is necessary at this point in time is for the APC to get back to the drawing board and start fashioning out blueprints for the power sector, employment, security, health care, infrastructural developments, et al. These plans should come in the form of plan A, plan B, plan C, plan D.... This is because after MAy 29, if Plan A fails, auto switch to Plan B, etc, there's no time for much talk.

Why am I saying this? APC must hit the ground running after May 29, there would be no excuses for failure. Some of the wins of the APC were done to give them the leverage to assume full majority, we don't wanna hear that the PDP majority is stalling things in terms of passage of bills that will allow implementations of law supporting growth. Therefore Mr. Adams, please shut the F***k up and get working!!

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by Henrick007: 10:32am On Apr 17, 2015
Ddonoflife:
*123# for ur airtel balance
*123 *133#
Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 17, 2015
God bless oshomole he is d saviour of Edo state

thou I'm a PDP member I must say the truth

God bless PDP

God bless southern Nigeria =SS/SE

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by oakson: 10:35am On Apr 17, 2015
Osho baba has been giving migraine to pd.pigs since 1960

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by godofwar666(m): 10:36am On Apr 17, 2015
Soro niyen?
Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by kenx1(m): 10:37am On Apr 17, 2015
Oshomohole pay my mom her gratuity oo
Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by boolet: 10:37am On Apr 17, 2015
cheesy
Re: Oshiomhole, PDP Trade Words Over Alleged APC 140,000 Voided Votes ( Vanguard ) by AbuMikey(m): 10:37am On Apr 17, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

Depot Owners Dump PPPRA's Pricing Template.. / Burial On Residential Premises Is Prohibited - Lagos State Government / How Influencers Are Paid By Political Parties To Promote Falsehood - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.