Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,099 members, 7,842,162 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Half Of Oyo Workers Voted For Me —ajimobi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Half Of Oyo Workers Voted For Me —ajimobi (524 Views)

Obasanjo Bows To Greet The Alaafin Of Oyo During A Visit To His Palace. Photos / Nigerians Voted For Change, Now Suffer And Stop Complaining- Fasheun / Aisha Buhari Shaking Alaafin Of Oyo's Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Half Of Oyo Workers Voted For Me —ajimobi by spako4(m): 1:55am On Apr 17, 2015
Half of Oyo workers voted for me —Ajimobi

April 17, 2015 : Olufemi Atoyebi 0 Comments

Oyo State Governor, Abiola Ajimobi
Oyo State Governor, Abiola Ajimobi
| credits: File copy

Oyo State governor, Abiola Ajimobi, said on Thursday that he was aware that only a half of the workers in the state civil service voted for him in the April 11 election.

The governor said this at the retirement thanksgiving and book presentation organised for a former head of service in the state, Tajudeen Aremu, in Ibadan, the state capital.

Ajimobi, who attributed his success at the governorship election to God, also said that he encountered difficulties when he introduced changes in the state during the early days of his administration.

He said, “One thing I have noticed is that people don’t always want change. If there is no change, there cannot be transformation. When I brought changes at the beginning of this administration, I was criticised. Developing knowledge is essential in life.

“Civil servants are never satisfied because the more you give to them, the more they demand. When people told me that the civil servants in the state would not vote for me, I said that I have done enough for them.

“I have increased their salaries in three folds, offered training opportunities to them and we continue to give 13th month salary for the past three years. But once you omit something that you have been giving them, that is what they will use against you.

“So when eventually I was told that they did not vote for me, I said at least some of them would still have voted for me. Even God allowed devil to exist. Once you are able to get 50 per cent of the votes, you have won the election. I like to believe that at least 50 per cent of the workers voted for me. I must congratulate those who did not vote for me. I can assure them that the next four years will be better. My impression about civil service when I came has changed because I have realised that there are intelligent ones among them.”

In his tribute to the former head of service, the governor noted that hard work, focus, perseverance and positive vision were necessary ingredients of success
Re: Half Of Oyo Workers Voted For Me —ajimobi by simplymade(m): 2:00am On Apr 17, 2015
Bobo
Re: Half Of Oyo Workers Voted For Me —ajimobi by Habayomie(m): 2:28am On Apr 17, 2015
Sobo
Re: Half Of Oyo Workers Voted For Me —ajimobi by siegfried99(m): 3:49am On Apr 17, 2015
grin grin
Re: Half Of Oyo Workers Voted For Me —ajimobi by spako4(m): 8:48am On Apr 17, 2015
They wanted to put their stooge in government house so they can continue business as usual
Re: Half Of Oyo Workers Voted For Me —ajimobi by Ovamboland(m): 10:23am On Apr 17, 2015
They should have allowed the civil servants to return Ladoja/Akala so they can receive another round of matcheting from NURTW thugs anytime they protest. Myopic people with very short memory

1 Like

Re: Half Of Oyo Workers Voted For Me —ajimobi by spako4(m): 10:58am On Apr 17, 2015
over 70% of government allocation is used to pay their salaries and allowances still they are not satisfied.
Ungrateful bunch of people

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Plotting My Extradition To Settle Scores – Kashamu / Reprisal Attack: MTN Threatens To ‘sack’ 6,000 Nigerians / Please Who Is Sharaon Ikeazor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.