Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Did Buhari Ever Congratulate Any Of His Opponents In Previous Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Buhari Ever Congratulate Any Of His Opponents In Previous Elections (969 Views)

See How Buhari Reacted 2 Allegations He's Using UK Aid 2 Fight His Opponents / Gov Wike's Horror Speech To His Opponents In The Upcoming Rivers Election(video) / Buhari Claimed He Had His Certificates Intact In Previous Elections - Agbakoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Buhari Ever Congratulate Any Of His Opponents In Previous Elections by Adenex3051(m): 11:01am On Apr 17, 2015
I have watched with keen interest the controversy generated by President Good luck Jonathan's concession of defeat and congratulatory call to GMB after losing the election.
While some sections of the Nigerian media, the political class and some nonpartisan respected individuals and even international media and eminent personality hailed the act to high heavens, it was heart breaking reading how some Nigerians
especially some members and sympathizers of the APC condemned President Goodluck Jonathan's act of humidity and courage on some social media including on Nairaland here
Now, my question is this: did General Buhari congratulate any of his previous political opponents after losing the previous election? That is, did he congratulate Presidents Obasanjo, Yar'Adua and Goodluck Jonathan in 2003, 2007 and 2011 respectively when he lost against them?
If the answer is NO, then let us appreciate President Jonathan if just for this irrespective of his "sins" against the Nigerian people afterall our President-elect was never as magnanimous as that against his previous opponents even as good a man as he is.

3 Likes

Re: Did Buhari Ever Congratulate Any Of His Opponents In Previous Elections by rooftech: 11:09am On Apr 17, 2015
he did after all the court cases
Re: Did Buhari Ever Congratulate Any Of His Opponents In Previous Elections by pgidex(f): 11:10am On Apr 17, 2015
I nor sure weda dat hayfeesee guy don congratulate Jona b4 because general nor gree accept defeat for once. See as Jona calm the tension.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Buhari Ever Congratulate Any Of His Opponents In Previous Elections by imbless: 11:17am On Apr 17, 2015
,,,,,,,,N
Re: Did Buhari Ever Congratulate Any Of His Opponents In Previous Elections by sammyj: 11:25am On Apr 17, 2015
Story for the gods !!! cool
Re: Did Buhari Ever Congratulate Any Of His Opponents In Previous Elections by jascon1(m): 11:54am On Apr 17, 2015
My dear, if u ask me Na who I go ask? sad sad sad
Re: Did Buhari Ever Congratulate Any Of His Opponents In Previous Elections by ba7man(m): 12:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
We need good governance from our elected leaders..........not "congratulations" from failed leaders.

Any fail leader should shove his "congratulations" up his ar5e and vacate his position as sharply as possible.........I'll take that over any "Congratulation".

1 Like

Re: Did Buhari Ever Congratulate Any Of His Opponents In Previous Elections by lanrefront1(m): 12:26pm On Apr 17, 2015
All thoseelctions since 1999 were massively rigged.

The elctions that brought in obasanjo was one the worst before its time.

Agter Obasanjo became President, he tool rigging to new levels. In his attempt to make Nigeria a one-party state, with federal might, he organized the rigging out of power the netire AD goverment of the south-west. Only Lagos was able to survive these onslaught of federal rigging might.

The 2009 election which brought in Yaradua was rigged for him. It is on record that Yaradua publicly accepted this hadamdeplans for electoral reforms before death snatched him way.

it is an open secret that the 2011 eelctions was also massively rigged for Jonathan in the south-east were there were 99% voters turn out in many states. Someoen like Akpabio deserves a doctorate degree in rigging.

This 2014 elections was also rigged in favour of Jonathan in the south east states, but the new innovation of the card readers limited the extent with which they can add fictional figurs. Despite this, they still massively rigged but the gap which Buhari had over Jonathan from other regions was too wide to be covered.

When elections are free and fair, and seen to be free and fair, mark my words, the loser will always be the firdt to comgratulate the winner.

Its because election in the werstern nations are free and fair, that why they have no problem in glady, even with smiles congratulationg the winner.

1 Like

Re: Did Buhari Ever Congratulate Any Of His Opponents In Previous Elections by rollybest(m): 12:33pm On Apr 17, 2015
guy above receive sense.with ur kind of resoning nigeria will never develop

1 Like

Re: Did Buhari Ever Congratulate Any Of His Opponents In Previous Elections by lanrefront1(m): 1:10pm On Apr 17, 2015
rollybest:
guy above receive sense.with ur kind of resoning nigeria will never develop

Are what I said lies or the truth.

You can't even start comparing the integrity of man like Buhari to Jonathan. If elections were free and fair, he would be the first congratulate the winner

Please, I'm much interested in your own kind of thinking. Please do elaborate.

1 Like

Re: Did Buhari Ever Congratulate Any Of His Opponents In Previous Elections by Chiaka(f): 1:27pm On Apr 17, 2015
Adenex3051:
I have watched with keen interest the controversy generated by President Good luck Jonathan's concession of defeat and congratulatory call to GMB after losing the election.
While some sections of the Nigerian media, the political class and some nonpartisan respected individuals and even international media and eminent personality hailed the act to high heavens, it was heart breaking reading how some Nigerians
especially some members and sympathizers of the APC condemned President Goodluck Jonathan's act of humidity and courage on some social media including on Nairaland here
Now, my question is this: did General Buhari congratulate any of his previous political opponents after losing the previous election? That is, did he congratulate Presidents Obasanjo, Yar'Adua and Goodluck Jonathan in 2003, 2007 and 2011 respectively when he lost against them?
If the answer is NO, then let us appreciate President Jonathan if just for this irrespective of his "sins" against the Nigerian people afterall our President-elect was never as magnanimous as that against his previous opponents even as good a man as he is.

Simply put he never did. !!!

1 Like

Re: Did Buhari Ever Congratulate Any Of His Opponents In Previous Elections by Vikky014(f): 3:28pm On Apr 17, 2015
lanrefront1:
All thoseelctions since 1999 were massively rigged.

The elctions that brought in obasanjo was one the worst before its time.

Agter Obasanjo became President, he tool rigging to new levels. In his attempt to make Nigeria a one-party state, with federal might, he organized the rigging out of power the netire AD goverment of the south-west. Only Lagos was able to survive these onslaught of federal rigging might.

The 2009 election which brought in Yaradua was rigged for him. It is on record that Yaradua publicly accepted this hadamdeplans for electoral reforms before death snatched him way.

it is an open secret that the 2011 eelctions was also massively rigged for Jonathan in the south-east were there were 99% voters turn out in many states. Someoen like Akpabio deserves a doctorate degree in rigging.

This 2014 elections was also rigged in favour of Jonathan in the south east states, but the new innovation of the card readers limited the extent with which they can add fictional figurs. Despite this, they still massively rigged but the gap which Buhari had over Jonathan from other regions was too wide to be covered.

When elections are free and fair, and seen to be free and fair, mark my words, the loser will always be the firdt to comgratulate the winner.

Its because election in the werstern nations are free and fair, that why they have no problem in glady, even with smiles congratulationg the winner.
And this 2015 elections were nt massively riggedso the NORTH EAST didnt rig with under aged voters

1 Like

Re: Did Buhari Ever Congratulate Any Of His Opponents In Previous Elections by rollybest(m): 3:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
vikky014 help me tell amoo.if buhari had lost usa will just say prophesy accomplished
Re: Did Buhari Ever Congratulate Any Of His Opponents In Previous Elections by Adenex3051(m): 6:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
Well for those of you who still do not appreciate GEJ's good gestures, imagine President Goodluck Jonathan making the types of inflammatory statements credited to General Buhari after the 2011 elections in which he promised to make the country ungovernable.
What do you think will be the fate of the Nigerian masses now? By now the media would he awash with stories of massacre and tragedy, especially in Northern and South southern Nigeria. Probably I won't be here to post the topic and you may not be there to either read or reply to the post.
My argument still remain that President Goodluck Jonathan did well congratulating the President-elect. This singular act helped calm the nerves and put to shame the Orubebes of this country who would have gladly taken it upon themselves to waste as many lives as possible to keep the President in office to ensure their own source of livelihood is safe.
And true to his words he has demonstrated that his ambition is not worth the live of a single Nigerian.
Re: Did Buhari Ever Congratulate Any Of His Opponents In Previous Elections by olaideeeedris(m): 6:44pm On Apr 17, 2015
If u ask me, na who I go ask?
Re: Did Buhari Ever Congratulate Any Of His Opponents In Previous Elections by deor03(m): 7:26pm On Apr 17, 2015
OP

No
Re: Did Buhari Ever Congratulate Any Of His Opponents In Previous Elections by Adenex3051(m): 6:34am On Apr 18, 2015
deor03:
OP
No
@ deor03 back up your answer with points. Let's not give people. blanket condemnation. After all Yoruba will say " inu ikoko dudu in eko funfun ti njade " meaning white pap comes from black pot. Let's learn to appreciate good things and deeds
Re: Did Buhari Ever Congratulate Any Of His Opponents In Previous Elections by deor03(m): 8:36am On Apr 18, 2015
Adenex3051:

@ deor03 back up your answer with points. Let's not give people. blanket condemnation. After all Yoruba will say " inu ikoko dudu in eko funfun ti njade " meaning white pap comes from black pot. Let's learn to appreciate good things and deeds

Did you see the question asked by the @OP ?

Its a direct question requiring a "Yes" or "No"

(1) (Reply)

Protest In Benin City Over South Africa’s Xenophobic Attacks [pix] / HEATED Argument :- Pls What Would Happened If Buhari & Osibanjo Dies B4 29 May / Oga Jona Shugaban Barayin Kasan Nijeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.