Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

beware of ghosts!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / beware of ghosts!!! (978 Views)

Creepy And Terrifying Photos Of Ghosts Caught On Camera / Reasons Not To Be Afraid Of Ghosts / What Do Atheists Say About The Existence Of "Ghosts"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

beware of ghosts!!! by agaba123(m): 11:28am On Jan 30, 2009
Ghost sighting

I know that if this report is coming from Nigeria, some of our 'liberated' minds who are more westernised than the westerners will call it laughable and superstitious.

May be they will still say that. 'It cannot be proved scientifically'
A ghostbuster has been called to a "haunted" hospital following reports by staff of a cloaked figure roaming the wards and corridors. Related photos / videos Spooked hospital calls ghostbuster The spooky sightings at the new Royal Derby Hospital have prompted NHS bosses to summon an exorcist, The Sun claimed.

Senior manager Debbie Butler sent an email to staff, informing them of a plan to bring in a priest to rid the hospital of paranormal activity.

She wrote: "I'm not sure how many of you are aware that some members of staff have reported seeing a ghost.

"I'm taking it seriously as it is affecting some members of staff and the last thing I want is staff feeling uneasy at work. I don't want to scare anyone any more than necessary, but felt it was best I made you all aware of the situation and what we are doing about it.

"I've spoken to the Trust's chaplain and she is going to arrange for someone from the cathedral to exorcise the department."

The £334 million hospital is located on the site of the old Derby City General Hospital, which was built in the 1920s over part of a Roman road.

Ms Butler added: "I understand that some of you will probably be worried or scared about this. If any of you wish to discuss this, feel free to contact me at any time."

Anglican priests usually need to seek permission from a bishop before performing an exorcism. A spokesman for the Bishop of Derby told the newspaper: "Any case such as this is put to the Bishop. He would seek proper advice before taking action."

A spokeswoman for Derby Hospitals NHS Trust said: "We take information from staff seriously and are working with the hospital chaplaincy to put people's minds at ease."
Re: beware of ghosts!!! by agaba123(m): 12:08pm On Jan 30, 2009
Re: beware of ghosts!!! by Jarus(m): 1:13pm On Jan 30, 2009
Abiioo. . .they always say it's only in Nigeria that such a thing can happen.

The beauty of Islam is that all these mysterious happenings have indeed been explained. Seeing a dead person, in any form, what is today called ghost or appearing in physical, exact form of the person, are all activities of a creation of Allah called JINNS. Call an Islamic exorcist to recite the Qur'an and they will flee.

The so-called 'ghost' seeing is real. But ever since I knew the reason behind it, I don't see it as a mystery again.
Re: beware of ghosts!!! by agaba123(m): 4:17pm On Jan 30, 2009
Na so oo. Ghost hehe

(1) (Reply)

EVIL NA REAL O! READ MY STORY......... / Pastor, Wife Dedicate First Child ---after 22 Yrs Of Marriage By Audy Egbon / Since When Did Speaking The Truth With Facts Earn One A Ban ? Seun Sort This Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.