Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,730 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:29 AM

Why Do We As People Think Our Religion Is Better Than Someone Else's? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We As People Think Our Religion Is Better Than Someone Else's? (1064 Views)

Religion Is Sweet Poison, Heaven Is A State Of Mind. / Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? / Do U Think Our Forefathers B4 Islam Or Christain Are In Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We As People Think Our Religion Is Better Than Someone Else's? by xgel: 11:36pm On Jan 03, 2011
Whether is Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Taoism, … etc. Why do we as people think our religion is better than someone else's? Are we that conceited or are we just blind to see that there is no true answer out there of existence of a higher being. I do believe in this higher being and I'm aware of his presence. But why is religion becoming a topic that people around the world are fighting and killing themselves over. Will society ever accept all religions? Will religion eventually be erased from society? Will this higher being show his or her face on this Earth?
Re: Why Do We As People Think Our Religion Is Better Than Someone Else's? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:31am On Jan 04, 2011
Our Ego is the cause. These religions feed on the ego, as well as being driven by it. The ego drives humans into feeling superior to one another and religions help amplify that superiority complex. This is part of the fallen state of man. The ego is central to the fallen state of man and these religions(not all of them, of course) feed on it to cause all sorts of misery. The middle ages in europe; the destruction of the cultures of the meso-american indians; the carnage in the middle east in modern times; the spanish inquisition; the sporadic clashes in Jos; etc etc. The list goes on. It is a curse that we need to overcome.

(1) (Reply)

My Prayer: Lord,let Me Die: / Is Your Pastor A One-man Show? - Counterfeit Christs / God Barons: Nigeria's Pastors 'as Rich As Oil Barons'-bbc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.