Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,248 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

How Political Opponents Used Juju To Force Me Out Of Government House — Ajimobi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Political Opponents Used Juju To Force Me Out Of Government House — Ajimobi (560 Views)

Attempts To Force Me Out Will Break APC – Timi Frank / I Have More To Say, Fayose Shouldn’t Force Me To Spill All –aluko / How Political Opponents Forced Me Out Of Government House with juju-gov. Ajimobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Political Opponents Used Juju To Force Me Out Of Government House — Ajimobi by Betterment: 2:52pm On Apr 17, 2015
** How political opponents used Juju to force me out of Government House — Gov. Ajimobi

Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State on Thursday explained why he had to relocate from the Government House to his private residence in Ibadan, the state capital.
He said he had to flee his official residence after opponents directed evil traditional sacrifices (known as ebo in Yoruba) at him.
Mr. Ajimobi made the disclosure in Ibadan during the eighth-day Fidau prayer for the late Chief Imam of Ibadanland, Sheikh Baosari Haruna.
He said ahead of the just-concluded elections, some desperate politicians did their best to send him out of Government House at all cost through many devilish means.

“They first came to you Alfas to give them prayers that will send me out of office, but my own Alfa prayers superseded that of these desperate politicians.
“Every morning, I always go out on exercise. If you know the Government House very well, it has many interchange, popularly called `orita’, I see all kinds of sacrifices (ebo) placed in all these junctions.’’
“Worried by these developments, some of you my Alfas here advised me to move out of the Government House to render their evil plots useless,’’he said.

Mr. Ajimobi said his reason for fleeing his official quarters is contrary to tales spread by opponents that he packed out of Government House because he was afraid of imminent defeat as no governor had ever been reelected for second term in the history of the state.
The governor said he had to leave “to thwart the evil plots of these desperate politicians’’.
The governor, who is still basking in the euphoria of breaking the jinx of being the first governor to be elected for second term in the state, thanked all spiritual leaders in Oyo for their prayers for him and the state.

“It is only Allah who shamed my detractors through your prayers for me and that of the prayers I made in Saudi Arabia where I had the privilege of entering inside the Kaabah,’’ he said.
The elated governor asked the Islamic scholars to select 10 of them that would join him to Saudi Arabia soon to perform the lesser Hajj ( Umrah) to thank Allah for His mercies on him and the state.
He thanked the people of Oyo State for once again reposing their confidence on him by voting him in as governor of the state for another four years.

Mr. Ajimobi promised not to let the people of Oyo state down, saying he would reciprocate their kind gesture by surpassing the landmark achievements he recorded in his first term.
The governor had on Saturday emerged winner of the gubernatorial election in the state, breaking the second term jinx in the state.
He defeated former governors Rasheed Ladoja of Accord Party and Alao Akala of the Labour Party; as well as a former senate leader, Teslim Folarin, of the Peoples Democratic Party and the Social Democratic Party’s Seyi Makinde.

Mr. Ajimobi’s party, the All Progressives Congress, polled 327,310, Accord- 254,520, Labour Party – 184,111, the Peoples Democratic Party – 79,019 and the Social Democratic Party- 54,740.
With his victory, Mr. Ajimobi became the first Oyo State governor to be re-elected for a second term.
Former governors, Bola Ige, Lamidi Adesina, Mr. Ladoja and Mr. Akala all lost their re-election bids.

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/181568-how-political-opponents-used-juju-to-force-me-out-of-government-house-gov-ajimobi.html
Re: How Political Opponents Used Juju To Force Me Out Of Government House — Ajimobi by SeverusSnape(m): 2:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
So juju is real
Re: How Political Opponents Used Juju To Force Me Out Of Government House — Ajimobi by Osyxcel(m): 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2015
If JuJu can send you out of Government house, then it can you out of the Governor's office...flimsy excuse

Nobody cares where you stay though, the important thing is for you to govern the affairs of the state very well.
Re: How Political Opponents Used Juju To Force Me Out Of Government House — Ajimobi by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
Lol
Re: How Political Opponents Used Juju To Force Me Out Of Government House — Ajimobi by imbless: 3:57pm On Apr 17, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Senator Babafemi Ojudu Alleges Threat To His Life By Gov Fayose [photo] / Anambra Monarch Writes Gov, CP Over Establishment Of Brothel Around His Area / Why Jonathan Fired Igp, Suleiman Abba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.