Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) (3374 Views)

Nigerian Man Scammed 100 US Lonely Women. Will Be Jailed For 27 Years / Young Man Murdered In Benin By Cult Group This Morning (photos) / I Never Imagined My Three Friends Could Gang Rape Me(Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by oluGodson: 9:11pm On Apr 17, 2015
On Monday April 13, 2015, i saw an data advert on a thread on nairaland that says buy 1gig data at one thousand two hundred naira. The person provided a phone number (081-34001228) for enquiries via whatsapp or phone-call. i added the phone number on whatsapp to enquire, we had a brief chat and he confirmed it to me and i told him i would get back to him when i exhaust my current data plan.

0n Wednesday April 15, 2015, i called the number and asked if he was still running the data business and he replied me that he was still doing the business that all i need to do is to send him mtn credit worth one thousand two hundred and i will get the data via phone transfer. That was it, after 20 minutes i called him, he dint pick my call then i continued out of annoyance, when eventually he picked he started cursing me then i realized it was a scam.

i have stopped calling him as i have moved on but i am writing this so that people can be careful in dealing with people that advertise their service online as you wont be able to differentiate impostors from genuine business.

N.B. Attached is 2 pictures of the guy i got from his whatsapp profile.

Re: Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by mhizpeaarl(f): 9:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
Eyah
Re: Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by danielicon(m): 9:13pm On Apr 17, 2015
next time wisen up, bro
Re: Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by sammieblaize: 9:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
Do u have his moniker
Re: Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
Nawa o! The guy used ur money to buy a venza grin

2 Likes

Re: Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by ifecoinc: 9:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
I know him,he is a nwa boy to my friend that sells tyre at Kirikiri
Re: Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by espn(m): 9:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
He looks like a typical typing/ scamming boy.
Re: Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 17, 2015
oluGodson:
On Monday April 13, 2015, i saw an data advert on a thread on nairaland that says buy 1gig data at one thousand two hundred naira. The person provided a phone number (081-34001228) for enquiries via whatsapp or phone-call. i added the phone number on whatsapp to enquire, we had a brief chat and he confirmed it to me and i told him i would get back to him when i exhaust my current data plan.

0n Wednesday April 15, 2015, i called the number and asked if he was still running the data business and he replied me that he was still doing the business that all i need to do is to send him mtn credit worth one thousand two hundred and i will get the data via phone transfer. That was it, after 20 minutes i called him, he dint pick my call then i continued out of annoyance, when eventually he picked he started cursing me then i realized it was a scam.

i have stopped calling him as i have moved on but i am writing this so that people can be careful in dealing with people that advertise their service online as you wont be able to differentiate impostors from genuine business.

N.B. Attached is 2 pictures of the guy i got from his whatsapp profile.
that's makinde azeez, the owner of can he do such?
Re: Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by Dahnify70(m): 9:41pm On Apr 17, 2015
Alert, so na so you be
Re: Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by wealthmission: 9:41pm On Apr 17, 2015
Do u know who you are talking about that's Makindee Azeez the ceo of my tight friend guy watch wat u say o or we go to court

1 Like

Re: Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by georgementday(m): 9:45pm On Apr 17, 2015
He is g**t,dat is how dey polute d name 'nigeria' all over d world. He shuld thank his star dat, i an Edo boy was not d one he did it to
Re: Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by kolomax(m): 9:55pm On Apr 17, 2015
OP the nigga use MAKINDE pictures for his DP AZEEZ will never do such he is bigger than that..
Re: Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 17, 2015
two different pictures , BTW hw sure that's his own picture
Re: Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by Paretomaster(m): 11:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
so u pay before service? lailai
Re: Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by kobonaire(m): 12:33am On Apr 18, 2015
southniyikaye:
that's makinde azeez, the owner of can he do such?
in that case maybe alert the mod, if the OP cannot produce the thread link where the OP claims the false advert was placed, then this may be a malicious defamation scheme against your friend.
Re: Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 18, 2015
You self , u be longer throat. Instead of buying ur data d regular way, u went to boycott MTN.
It serves u right. Na greedy peeps dey always fall for scams...hahahahaha
Re: Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by treasuremi1(m): 11:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
I believe if he has indeed scammed u, there are ways u can track him and get his monicker here and since u said u saw d adverts here on nairaland. BTW, u shouldn't have sent the credit before u received d mb.
Re: Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by saintneo(m): 6:17am On Apr 19, 2015
Seun!
Come in here!
Come and see this!
Re: Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by Dhortunn(m): 4:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
There are a lot of impostors of Naijaloaded's CEO, Azeez Makinde on the social media. Due to his popularity, they use his image and name to actualise their scam. Lot of incidents like this, have been reported in the past. I really don't know why this vogue is still on. I almost got duped by a guy who claimed to be Makinde in 2013, the scam was very popular that Makinde had to come out on his site to clear his name and warned people in their dealings with some particular phone numbers. I'm not a spokesperson for Makinde but what I'm sure of, is that you were probably scammed by another Makinde's impostor.

1 Like

Re: Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by chiwex(m): 7:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
NOTE: SOMETIMES NETWORK DISTURBS

DON'T GIVE UP SO EASY
Re: Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by andyanders: 10:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
It's possible that the pix is stolen. If you are sure, moderators should send to front page.
Re: Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 20, 2015
be wise so u will not be scam
Re: Thia Young Man Scammed Me (pictures Attached) by TrollKiller(m): 7:36pm On Nov 06, 2019
long matter

(1) (Reply)

Beware: This Is How Thieves Use Car Jack To Break Into People's Houses (Photos) / 14 Years Old Secondary School Students Caught Having Sex In Kenya (photo) / 10 Real Life Evil Stepmothers From Hell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.