Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,339 members, 7,836,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

An Issue.... - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / An Issue.... (775 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Issue.... by 44smart: 11:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
I have always being on the hardware part talking about repair, networking and configuration etc, but have always have this thirsty for programming, now I decided taking it bit starting with HTML and CSS, but nw d issue is on php which have decided to learn.

have searched online to source relevant info., but I'd like the professionals to enlighten me better talking about what is needed, most importantly the compiler to be used and how to configure them.

then what is the relationship with using adobe cs5 and downloading php, I mean if I download php do I still need using adobe suite . thanks
Re: An Issue.... by sisqology(m): 12:22am On Apr 18, 2015
Re: An Issue.... by A7(m): 12:32am On Apr 18, 2015
- Get a notepad++ my best text editor
- install xampp, your free localhost, i.e your codes to browser intermediary
- Carefully read through w3schools.com entries about php to get basics of the language
- download php manual from php.net
- visit youtube, search for php beginner lessons, watch as many as you can.

Other recommendations.

- youtube channels: thenewboston, robert smith, marcus recck, phpacademy, derek banas, giannis marinakis, michiel wouters, john morris, tim kipps.

- google: search for php ebooks most are free.

- as you spend time learning the scripting part[php] dont forget about databases, there are few database languages you can choose but most people prefer to learn php along mysql.

- html, css are super easy, get back to them after you finish php or the php-mysql CRUD part.

Good luck.
Re: An Issue.... by A7(m): 12:54am On Apr 18, 2015
44smart:

then what is the relationship with using adobe cs5 and downloading php, I mean if I download php do I still need using adobe suite . thanks

What you need is a host, a host that support PHP and APACHE with mysql as bonus.. Xampp, or Wamp covers that for you.

You mean dreamweaver? that is something you have to pay for, not to mention spending extra time learning how to use. What i listed above are free and reliable. But if you prefer paying for stuff i will recommend udemy.com, where you can get all kinds of vĂ­deo tutorials from tons of professionals.

Other issues i wont talk of are which type of pc to use or what type of web browser. Go for which suits you.
Re: An Issue.... by 44smart: 12:19pm On Apr 24, 2015
thanks guys, u are just too much. I have started with w3. schools and developing a book store site, but I needed help with code to use for search button with an icon. I did one using CSS to create a clas and HTML but it isn't working like what I needed.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Install Web Scrapper In My Website? / Jason Njoku Might Have Created A New Baseline For Developer Salaries In Nigeria / Adsense Account For Sale. Nigeria And Non-hosted.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.