Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,226 members, 7,867,589 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:08 PM

Must You Be Beaten To Speak In Tongues? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must You Be Beaten To Speak In Tongues? (896 Views)

5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues / God Has Ordained Orji Kalu To Speak For The Igbo –prophet / SA Pastor Who Makes His Congregation Eat Snakes, Beaten, His Church Burnt Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must You Be Beaten To Speak In Tongues? by Barbarthundey(m): 5:34am On Apr 18, 2015
A concert I attended just ended now and during the cause of the program, d man of God came up to preach on the topic greater grace. when he was done, he said those that need more grace shld come out and I went out after praying for us, we were taken to a room where other ministers are(not real pastors ooo just those zealous brother) and they shared the word of God with us after which they started to pray with us individually. They asked us to receive d holy ghost and start to speak in tongues. This brother that was praying for me when I refuse to fall started beating my forehead and chest(serious beating) telling me to speak it out that I must speak in tongues. I didn't speak for a long time he still held me and when he got tried, he started looking at me and that at that moment, tears began to drop from my eyes. He was now asking questions he was supposed to have asked before the forceful prayers. My forehead is aching seriously now....

for those that wud ask of the church, I won't mention d name but if you know anything about DUNAMIS CONCERT, u should know the church.
Re: Must You Be Beaten To Speak In Tongues? by menix(m): 6:07am On Apr 18, 2015
U even get luck say no b koboko dem use force d devil spirit mk him talk abii speak in Valhala..

Nah so i go 1 cell meeting, d fine gals start to pray 4 mii oo, say i mst speak in tongues..

Dem tire 4 mii nah wey b say nah 1 fine gal i find come...
Re: Must You Be Beaten To Speak In Tongues? by semasir: 6:15am On Apr 18, 2015
Speaking in tongues actually means speaking in another language but "silly" fanatics take it to the extreme now.
Re: Must You Be Beaten To Speak In Tongues? by dulux07(m): 6:36am On Apr 18, 2015
U dont jst speak in tongues, or jst decide ohhhh, i want to speak in tongues. it is more of something u do unconsciously according to d bible.
Re: Must You Be Beaten To Speak In Tongues? by imbless: 6:40am On Apr 18, 2015
rolleyes
Re: Must You Be Beaten To Speak In Tongues? by semasir: 6:41am On Apr 18, 2015
Speaking in tongues actually is not unconsciously else why will those on the day of Pentecost hear and understand the languages spoken to them? There's no hidden secret in speaking in tongues to saying "rubbish" shirababa as said now

dulux07:
U dont jst speak in tongues, or jst decide ohhhh, i want to speak in tongues. it is more of something u do unconsciously according to d bible.
Re: Must You Be Beaten To Speak In Tongues? by dulux07(m): 6:57am On Apr 18, 2015
semasir:
Speaking in tongues actually is not unconsciously else why will those on the day of Pentecost hear and understand the languages spoken to them? There's no hidden secret in speaking in tongues to saying "rubbish" shirababa as said now

it was d audience, that understand what they were saying,not the speakers, cos d speakers themselves dont understand what they were saying, cos they were speaking unconsciously. Speaking in tongues has been abused, when u attend a real xtian church, when someone starts speakin in tongue durin prayer, most times der is always an interpreter.
Re: Must You Be Beaten To Speak In Tongues? by uboma(m): 8:15am On Apr 18, 2015
semasir:
Speaking in tongues actually means speaking in another language but "silly" fanatics take it to the extreme now.

Exactly, you are so on point. But no one ever understands the jargon being spoken today all in the name od *speaking in tongues*. And Jesus Christ never hit anyone to deliver him/her. What a complete deviation from true Christianity we have today.

1 Like

Re: Must You Be Beaten To Speak In Tongues? by semasir: 9:08am On Apr 18, 2015
You got it mixed up......the speakers were not taught or learned of the language but they just developed the art of speaking and understanding it clearly then......else how do you say something you do not understand and expect your audience to get it all right?

dulux07:

it was d audience, that understand what they were saying,not the speakers, cos d speakers themselves dont understand what they were saying, cos they were speaking unconsciously. Speaking in tongues has been abused, when u attend a real xtian church, when someone starts speakin in tongue durin prayer, most times der is always an interpreter.
Re: Must You Be Beaten To Speak In Tongues? by kevoh(m): 10:55am On Apr 18, 2015
It's Dunamis Church jare. With headquarters based in Abuja! grin When you don mention Dunamis Concert already. po-TAY-to or po-TAR-to! Same thing noni!
Re: Must You Be Beaten To Speak In Tongues? by Barbarthundey(m): 11:25am On Apr 18, 2015
kevoh:
It's Dunamis Church jare. With headquarters based in Abuja! grin When you don mention Dunamis Concert already. po-TAY-to or po-TAR-to! Same thing noni!

Not DUNAMIS church...
Re: Must You Be Beaten To Speak In Tongues? by Barbarthundey(m): 11:30am On Apr 18, 2015
menix:
U even get luck say no b koboko dem use force d devil spirit mk him talk abii speak in Valhala..

Nah so i go 1 cell meeting, d fine gals start to pray 4 mii oo, say i mst speak in tongues..

Dem tire 4 mii nah wey b say nah 1 fine gal i find come...

I even thought he wud release me quickly but he was like na me and you today you must speak it out with is hand placed with force on my head that could make someone who has not eating fall
Re: Must You Be Beaten To Speak In Tongues? by dulux07(m): 11:56am On Apr 18, 2015
semasir:
You got it mixed up......the speakers were not taught or learned of the language but they just developed the art of speaking and understanding it clearly then......else how do you say something you do not understand and expect your audience to get it all right?

According 2d bible, speaking in tongues is one of the gift of d holy spirit, interpreting is also another gift, some pple r blessed with both.

In some cases, d speaker might be able to interprete, while in some, an interpreter is required.

Speakin in tongues occurs in two situations, firstly when u r praying personall, God understands every lang. Secondly, It is a means by which d holyspirit communicate to a congregation or grp of pple, dat is when it occurs publicly, lik d day of pentecost.
Re: Must You Be Beaten To Speak In Tongues? by semasir: 12:54pm On Apr 18, 2015
Whichever the case is, if there's no one who understand or can interprete it, the speaker keep mute and please get it straight sir.....speaking in tongues also means speaking in another language e.g. I speak in English and another speak in Spanish but we speak the same thing and nothing more or can you please tell me what language is spoken by those who claim to speak it nowadays yet their talks is no language to be understood by humans?

dulux07:

According 2d bible, speaking in tongues is one of the gift of d holy spirit, interpreting is also another gift, some pple r blessed with both.

In some cases, d speaker might be able to interprete, while in some, an interpreter is required.

Speakin in tongues occurs in two situations, firstly when u r praying personall, God understands every lang. Secondly, It is a means by which d holyspirit communicate to a congregation or grp of pple, dat is when it occurs publicly, lik d day of pentecost.
Re: Must You Be Beaten To Speak In Tongues? by dulux07(m): 1:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
semasir:
Whichever the case is, if there's no one who understand or can interprete it, the speaker keep mute and please get it straight sir.....speaking in tongues also means speaking in another language e.g. I speak in English and another speak in Spanish but we speak the same thing and nothing more or can you please tell me what language is spoken by those who claim to speak it nowadays yet their talks is no language to be understood by humans?

your right, speaking in tongues simply means speaking in another language, but what makes it unique is dat even d speaker is not conscious of what he or she says, dats is y its a sacred thing.

U can jst say i want to speak in tongues n jst start, NO, or nowadays dat pastors will say lets start speaking in tongues, n d congregation ffs, its not biblical n spiritual.

Speaking in tongues has been abused, those ones r jst sayin non sense.
Re: Must You Be Beaten To Speak In Tongues? by dulux07(m): 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2015
semasir:

your right, speaking in tongues simply means speaking in another language, but what makes it unique is dat even d speaker is not conscious of what he or she says, dats is y its a sacred thing.

U can jst say i want to speak in tongues n jst start, NO, or nowadays dat pastors will say lets start speaking in tongues, n d congregation ffs, its not biblical n spiritual.

Speaking in tongues has been abused, Most of those ones r jst sayin non sense. If ur praying to God, u dont need it to b interpreted, wat ur saying is left between u n God.

(1) (Reply)

Lee Stoneking / NASRDA Releases Moon Condition For Eid-el-fitri Celebration / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 20/07/15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.