Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,713 members, 7,851,439 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:19 PM

Exposed!!! Real Reason Why Oba Of Lagos Made The Lagoon Statement! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exposed!!! Real Reason Why Oba Of Lagos Made The Lagoon Statement! (1050 Views)

I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos / Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech / Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exposed!!! Real Reason Why Oba Of Lagos Made The Lagoon Statement! by geoworldedu: 9:16am On Apr 18, 2015
My opinion about the Oba until yesterday was that 'The Oba Was Provoked By The Ibos To Make Such Laconic Comment' but I began to have a twist to such logical reasoning when a friend who read political science presented his own view:

According to my friend, he said that it was a calculated effort by the APC and the Oba to fully accomplish what we call an ethnical-based election which was actually started by the PDP (Jimi Agabaje Campaign Group) in Lagos.

Actually, Jimi was the one who instigated the Igbos to think in an ethnical manner just to win their votes, but he only did it in a mild way, thus Yoruba people's vote would not be influenced. What I mean is that, 99% of the igbos would have voted for Jimi while the yorubas would still have voted for individual and not a party. It means that 55% of Yoruba could have voted for Ambode while 45% could have voted for Agbaje and Agbaje could still have won with the help of the Igbos. But the Oba successfully made his remark to completely make the election an ethnic-based one. In such situation, the 45% yorubas who wanted to initially vote for Agbaje would have a rethink due to all the laconic and provoking comments that would have come out from the igbos as a reaction to what the Oba said.

For example, I for one was neutral to the igbos all the while until I started reading Igbo ppls comments on social media saying that without them there is no Lagos, etc. Such thing provoked me and made me momentarily an anti-igbo and an anti-agbaje. To now prove the Igbo wrong, I decided to vote for Ambode. I am sure many proAgbaje Yoruba ppl would also want to prove a point that Igbo are not superior over us in Lagos, so they began to change their views one after the other such that in the end, Agbaje obtained just 10% of votes from Yoruba and 99% from the igbos and thus lost the election. Initially, he would have obtained 45% votes from Yoruba and win the election, but APC are a better political-stalwart than the PDP who only have the likes of GEJ, PEJ, Okonjo, Agbaje and co who are not really born-politicians unlike Tinubu, Obasanjo, Saraki and co who were betrothed with politics from birth.

Once again, I respect Tinubu and the Oba of Lagos who successfully played politics on us as usual.

I am happy AMBODE WON!!!

2 Likes

Re: Exposed!!! Real Reason Why Oba Of Lagos Made The Lagoon Statement! by mhizpeaarl(f): 9:25am On Apr 18, 2015
Okkay

1 Like

Re: Exposed!!! Real Reason Why Oba Of Lagos Made The Lagoon Statement! by sweettease(f): 9:45am On Apr 18, 2015
Interesting theory, more plausible than the ridiculous one that he probably did it to help Agbaje win undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exposed!!! Real Reason Why Oba Of Lagos Made The Lagoon Statement! by isan(m): 10:08am On Apr 18, 2015
Thank God AMBODE won if not some pple will be in lagoon by now grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exposed!!! Real Reason Why Oba Of Lagos Made The Lagoon Statement! by Welrez(m): 11:36am On Apr 18, 2015
I've thought it so all along to enable the APC to win the election. It was glaring to the APC that they were going to lose the elections. APC may not be that lucky next time.

1 Like

Re: Exposed!!! Real Reason Why Oba Of Lagos Made The Lagoon Statement! by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
This is to reiterate the fact that the Yoruba population in Lagos is more than the Igbo's if not time two

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exposed!!! Real Reason Why Oba Of Lagos Made The Lagoon Statement! by chamboy(m): 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
APC made the election Yoruba Vs Igbo....
The Election was just to re-prove to Ndigbo that anyday anytime na Yoruba get ILU-Eko

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

‘nigeria’s Most Resilient Economy In Africa’ / Governor Fayose Calls On Ekiti State Citizens To Protect Him Against Impeachment / Nigerian Banks Ahead US, S/africa, Europe, Australia, Canada In Quality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.