Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster (13780 Views)

James Ibori Received By Bayelsans As He Arrives For Condolence Visit (Photos) / James Ibori At The Burial Of Johnbull Fatimiro In Delta (Photos) / James Ibori Hosts Ayiri Emami And His Children At His Residence In Delta (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 18, 2015
ojdollars:
Please let him serve the rest of his jail term in Nigeria, we all know that the UK is only acting a script by his jailers who wanted him out. Waas he the only PDP Gov who stole in the OBJ Administration? C'mon now

He laundered the kudi in the UK....hence the UK's interest. Recall that the UK had already jailed his accomplices.

And of course he isn't the only one....a certain governor STILL has a case waiting for him in the UK...if he steps back there.
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by iker: 12:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
omenka:
Frankly I'm beginning to feel sorry for this man.

why are you feeling sorry for that man , when he was robbing and scamming everyone he came in contact with he didn't pity them and when they free him do you think he will change he ways

1 Like

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by princeduke2013: 12:34pm On Apr 18, 2015
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by kurt09(m): 12:45pm On Apr 18, 2015
Lisaint:
Frist tym on FP Mak I buy d largest land in history of NL

...This land iz nt for Sale Bware of 419
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by jerflakes(m): 12:45pm On Apr 18, 2015
Raiders:
Ibori is a criminal and may God never forgive you for the millions you stole from Delta state.

Smh.

Silly humans speaking for God.

Fyi, God has already forgiven him, and has also forgiven you for praying against a fellow human.
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by PassingShot(m): 12:45pm On Apr 18, 2015
omenka:
Frankly I'm beginning to feel sorry for this man.

Why and how?
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Lagosianswag: 12:50pm On Apr 18, 2015
I don't understand, Did Ibori steal from the UK government or he stole from "Nigerian" Taxpayer's Money. How come the British government is hell bent on recovering the Loot. How much of the so-called Loot have they returned to the Nigeria or are the U.K taxpayers now the rightful owners of Nigeria's stolen wealth.
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by donem: 12:55pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ibori is a bloody bastard, a human who had the heart to use Delta state as a collateral to obtain 40billion naira loan, for his personal use.
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by omenka(m): 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2015
PassingShot:

Why and how?
I no just know my brother. He get as d tin dey do me for body.

Imagine the number of guys like him in Nigeria that have been walking freely, rubbing their loot in our faces to spite us. Perhaps I feel sorry for him because a lot other folks are supposed to be paying a similar price as him.
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by nerodenero: 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2015
I am very sure if more polithiefcians in this country are probed, we would discover that James Ibori is a learner.
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by amakajoe(f): 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2015
Bashirfuntua:
here to read comment

Same here bro grin
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Akposkool(m): 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
menesheh:
Not only UK citizens taxpayers facing huge bill, they are still meant to pay more and more whenever our magical Buhari start unraveling the huger stolen money kept not only in UK but other western European countries.

Ingrates milking us down from time immemorial praying that we remain remote and destabilize as they envisioned. Na lie we are already on the track of knowledge and rationality.

That's why GEJ is my hero and will remain so untill i see another person of same position who outperform him in trying to put Nigerians first b4 any fvcking ambition.
you were making sense until you got to your last paragraph. Brother please look for another hero. It's a pity you chose a dumbass as a mentor

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by logica(m): 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2015
Lagosianswag:
I don't understand, Did Ibori steal from the UK government or he stole from "Nigerian" Taxpayer's Money. How come the British government is hell bent on recovering the Loot. How much of the so-called Loot have they returned to the Nigeria or are the U.K taxpayers now the rightful owners of Nigeria's stolen wealth.
He he. His mistake is holding a British passport.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by timunstopable: 1:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
Let ibori come out of prison you will see how people from his state will give him a grand reception and huge welcome

Dont let it shock u. Their brother once said Stealing is not corruption
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Akinyode4(m): 1:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
Which SS...SS kor,JSS ni,person wey court for naija clear of all charges,wey still dey Naija dey do him sister wedding...if no be interpol,u think say dem go see am jail?
hamaworld:
Major achievement of D SS in d democracy era.
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by hamaworld(m): 1:41pm On Apr 18, 2015
Akinyode4:
Which SS...SS kor,JSS ni,person wey court for naija clear of all charges,wey still dey Naija dey do him sister wedding...if no be interpol,u think say dem go see am jail?

I mean d south sauth oooo
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by menesheh(m): 1:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
Akposkool:
you were making sense until you got to your last paragraph. Brother please look for another hero. It's a pity you chose a dumbass as a mentor

Thanks for the insult to a person i proclaimed my hero and to numerous others of my friends.

I never impose my claims to you, i personally believe in him and his policies,

How dare you tell me who to be my mentor or my hero.
How dare you call a whole President of a great nation like Nigeria a dumbass which your next generations may be having nightmare for that position.
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Dahjhi: 1:50pm On Apr 18, 2015
bushdoc9919:
And some Nigerians think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread....

Ah well....let us Nigerians....all continue to praise the looters among us...and call those who call them looterocrats to account liars and bigots. Because in this country....we hate the truth. Truth is not our best friend.

I daresay when James comes marching home...he will get a GLORIOUS reception. And we will make comments about how James is a hero of the African struggle against colonialism, and how we need more people like him. Then off to the Church and the Shrine for the thanks giving....and in a few years....he becomes a Senator....and then eventually retires as a pillar of the society.

Meanwhile....we will be wondering why we still do not have light.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Akposkool(m): 1:53pm On Apr 18, 2015
menesheh:

Thanks for the insult to a person i proclaimed my hero and to numerous others of my friends.

I never impose my claims to you, i personally believe in him and his policies,

How dare you tell me who to be my mentor or my hero.
How dare you call a whole President of a great nation like Nigeria a dumbass which your next generations may be having nightmare for that position.
you are still not making sense.
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by DaGC(m): 1:58pm On Apr 18, 2015
I believe the reasons Deltans still think good of him was because despite the looting, his achievements have yet to be surpassed. The reforms he made, free education, healthcare facility in almost all corners of the state including the rural areas, the infrastructural developments, the security ish (Quick Response etc that stopped Delta from being the jungle it once was) etc are yet to be surpassed.

I'm sure that if Kwankwaso, Lamido, Fashola or Akpabio gets indicted the future for same offence, their respective states will still remember their good works.

I dont think people will ever say Fashola/Akpabio/Lamido were bad governors because of a trial.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by ifekayodee(m): 2:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
And yet his daughter ws elected as a lawmaker in d last elections.it cn only happen in SS.

1 Like

Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Nukilia: 3:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
where is Alams? Hope hes watching what has happened to his fellow country man.

stealing is not corruption undecided smh
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by erico2k2(m): 3:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
[quote author=Raiders post=32851754]Ibori is a criminal and may God never forgive you for the millions you stole from Delta state. [/quote
Criminals full Nigeria walking freely
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by erico2k2(m): 3:22pm On Apr 18, 2015
DaGC:
I believe the reasons Deltans still think good of him was because despite the looting, his achievements have yet to be surpassed. The reforms he made, free education, healthcare facility in almost all corners of the state including the rural areas, the infrastructural developments, the security ish (Quick Response etc that stopped Delta from being the jungle it once was) etc are yet to be surpassed.

I'm sure that if Kwankwaso, Lamido, Fashola or Akpabio gets indicted the future for same offence, their respective states will still remember their good works.

I dont think people will ever say Fashola/Akpabio/Lamido were bad governors because of a trial.

U know only the thief that got caught is lebeled a criminal
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by DaGC(m): 3:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
erico2k2:

U know only the thief that got caught is lebeled a criminal

True that.
Some of these governors will even avoid probing by going to the senate, or being appointed ministers or secretaries etc in government. And the ICPC and EFCC can't charge you while in office. Its after you leave. And by the time their new tenures ends, the cases against them would have died down with little or no evidence remaining.

Some Nigerian politicians already know how to boycott the system. That's why some are never caught.
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Champele(m): 3:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
Soon we will start seeing new thieves like ibori, exp; Amechi, Tinubu etc.
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by geosilbert: 5:04pm On Apr 18, 2015
ojdollars:
Please let him serve the rest of his jail term in Nigeria, we all know that the UK is only acting a script by his jailers who wanted him out. Waas he the only PDP Gov who stole in the OBJ Administration? C'mon now

The british are quick to judge us but will never judge their ppl who have stolen more then him. In d uk we know ppl who have stolen more than him but were never brought to book and to tell d truth was he d only one that stole money. How about someone who went to jail only to come one to be president of Nigeria use 8good yrs to enrich himself and today he is a scent ?
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by btoks: 6:37pm On Apr 18, 2015
geosilbert:

The british are quick to judge us but will never judge their ppl who have stolen more then him. In d uk we know ppl who have stolen more than him but were never brought to book and to tell d truth was he d only one that stole money. How about someone who went to jail only to come one to be president of Nigeria use 8good yrs to enrich himself and today he is a scent ?
I doubt that the British don't judge their own....they're well known for going back in history to prosecute past crimes to serve as a deterrent. Who are the people who have stolen more Ibori in UK but not brought to book?
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by billyG(m): 8:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
He is an unfortunate theif. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by Anyi3(m): 8:58pm On Apr 18, 2015
ojdollars:

He was the dumbest I suppose
Re: James Ibori: UK Taxpayers Face Huge Bill To Recover Profits From £50m Fraudster by inereunwa1(m): 8:09am On Apr 19, 2015
hmmmm nawao see as he come dry and look older oyibo na badt oh

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Crisis Deepens As Police Block Staff From Entering Secretariat / 2115 Delegates Were Accredited For PDP Convention But 2296 Voted. Really? / Voting APC Is Inviting Killer Herdsmen To Ekiti – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.