Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

The Black Man. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Black Man. (1084 Views)

Hillarious: Black Man In A Barbing Saloon(photo) / Ken Olisa: The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain / When A Black Man Dates A White Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Black Man. by April07: 11:59pm On Apr 18, 2015
No truer words have been spoken..

Sometime in 012 or there about, they was this bar we frequented around my neighborhood mostly to shoot pool, have a drink and most importantly have a good laugh with good music in the background to lighten the atmosphere.

On one of those times, we had Frank Ocean's "swimgood" blaring out of the speakers and I began singing along while placing my bet on a particular player shooting pools and even went on to make a comment bout the dopeness of his music and just then Shatt the guy i was betting against was like,
"abeg shutdown that music!".
Even Terrence my friend and man I was staking on said same thing and I was caught back a lil cos I know this two guys love good music and Frank Ocean cut their list too, so it beat me a lil.

So I probed to know why the bias and both admitted to the fact that it was cos he's gay which was supported by the other guys and a particular guy there, Randy was like, "shoo...but that's his personal life na. Doesn't truncate the fact he makes good music"
which I agreed to and they were like "fuvk it! To think all that love song way him the sing the make person catch feelings na bout man way him de oil all this while, fuvk him joor!" I was caught back really.

Well 2-3 years later and Sam Smith emerged with his STAY WITH ME hit single which the whole world but I accepted with critical acclaim and when asked why? My answer "he just doesn't appeal to me".

So recently I patronized that bar and we had Sam Smith blaring from the speakers and dudes felt cool with. Next time I was there a particular fellow that had huge criticism for Frank's sensuality was playing "stay with me" out of his mobile and I kept mute.
Next time I was there, we had same song on cue and been the elenu I am na, I raised up the matter from two years back and guess the remark they made bout Sam Smith "oh boy gay or not gay, that guy the sing oh...that guy get voice oh...that song tight oh" and a realization hit Me.

We Africans or rather still, the negro race consider the Caucasians to be superior and are more tolerant of their misgivings and oppression of us.

I mean this guys were able to look beyond smith gay status and appreciate his talent but couldn't with ocean who by the way is more talented.
In other words it's cool for a whitey to be gay, but its not acceptable for a black man.

Relating it with what is going on in Africa now with the xenophobic violence and hate spread. Its cool for the white man to oppress you, put you in bondage but its not tolerable if a Negro from another ethnic group tries same shit.
Its OK for a white man to encroach on your space but that black brother dare not try that shit.
Its cool and tolerable for a whitey to take the big jobs in multinational firms in your country but that black foreign brother with better qualifications than you is forbidden from aspiring to those positions, if anything he should be grateful you even allowed him to drink water.

The black man has a different standard.

[url=https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=831978310171569&id=100000782239679&bacr=1429397295%3A1429397295%3A7%3A-3247983513267960855%3A1429397136%3A0%3A0%3A120&refid=8&_ft_=qid.6139214652957045130%3Amf_story_key.2000050187539745053#footer_action_list]Source[/url]

1 Like

Re: The Black Man. by Nobody: 12:26am On Apr 19, 2015
~ Whoever wrote that must be drunk ..

How does he base his theory of blacks not appreciating Frank Ocean's music because he's gay(a black faggit to be precise) just because of what his silly gambling friends said.

There are many other black people have different views and opinions and are open-minded.
That Analogy employed is the worst if he actually intended on using that to preach against Racism among blacks.
I wonder where he got his facts from that we'd rather prefer a white man dominating than a fellow black.
That's mentality is so retardedd considering the tensions among the white and blacks currently
Re: The Black Man. by afortress(m): 4:42am On Apr 19, 2015
guy man!black man being gay?! that sh*t is just wrong... thanks for ruining my breakfast....
Re: The Black Man. by Oahray: 8:42pm On Apr 20, 2015
Hmmm... Thought provoking. He's right about the part where people are more critical of fellow blacks. I think it's a mentality most Africans are raised with.

However, I didn't miss the fact that the two incidents happens two years apart. Anything could have happened in two years. A homophobe could become a lil bit more tolerant in two years.
Re: The Black Man. by hahn(m): 9:06pm On Apr 20, 2015
I totally agree with you. The black man seems to see other races with lighter skin as superior. I grew up in Ilupeju estate and its presently occupied majorly by Indians. What annoys me is the way their staff worship them even to the point of calling them "master". No kidding. Its easier for our banks to grant loans to foreigners than to our fellow contry men and being light skinned, especially if you have a trace of something "foreign" you tend to get more respect from Africans. More doors are opened to you.

Take the case of the xenophobia attacks going on presently and you'll realise that the black man absolutely detests his fellow black man. In Nigeria, its Ibos against the Yorubas or fulanis against the hausas. Whites always have this preferential treatment given to them by the black man.

The black man has, since the neginning of time, always oppressed his fellow black man. We call ourselves "foreigners" but regard the white man as "master" I've seen too many instances and yes, the black man hates himself.
Re: The Black Man. by hahn(m): 9:18pm On Apr 20, 2015
Darkrebel666:

How does he base his theory of blacks not appreciating Frank Ocean's music because he's gay(a black faggit to be precise) just because of what his silly gambling friends said.

There are many other black people have different views and opinions and are open-minded.
That Analogy employed is the worst if he actually intended on using that to preach against Racism among blacks.
I wonder where he got his facts from that we'd rather prefer a white man dominating than a fellow black.
That's mentality is so retardedd considering the tensions among the white and blacks currently

You are obviously on the defence here. Of course there are lots of black men who are enlightened and who understand that every man is subject to his own thoughts and not the colour of his skin but the sad truth is that a vast majority are affected by this inferiority complex. I've had friends who worked with Lebanese @ hi-tech and the level of slavery that goes on there is unbelievable. There are a lot of the lebanese who aren't as smart as many Nigerians but we would rather give them the contracts. The stand and supervise and earn more money while we slave under the scorching sun. I remember a friend of mine who was once referred to as a slave but fortunately he is not an asss kisser and he beat the Lebanese guy to a pulp. He got fired while the Lebanese guy still works there as a boss. I can bet you that you'll never get away with that in Lebanon as a black man.

Unless you've not had sufficient experience with such cases, you really have to agree with the write up
Re: The Black Man. by April07: 9:41pm On Apr 20, 2015
Hahn, you're on point.

The one that gets me, is the level of security these 'expatriates' get.
I mean, a mere Lebanese carpenter suddenly becomes a king and gets to ride with a 'truckload' of soldiers from The Nigerian Army as body guards..
Black fine brothers, scorching in the sun, while the red faced, non English speaking môrôn (call me racist) gets to ride in aircondtioned cars, all alone!
Shebi if the soldier dey inside the car e no go fit protect the oyinbo?
Rubbish!

And yes! @TheDarkRebel, I can confidently place majority of Africans/Nigerians in the places of the 'guys having drinks'. These are the kinda lazy-aimless-yet-conveying-a-lot conversations we have almost everyday, at our leisure, when chilln' with friends!
Thing is, Blacks tolerate alot of crap when its a 'white' (wheter na Lebanese o or Phillipino oo {just imagine}) guy doing it but would draw blood when its a black brother!
Tell me about Xenophobia undecided

Just today, one smelly Indian cut the queue at the bank and the cashiers kept 'sir-ing' him while we helpless Nigerians looked on.
The only person 'yours trully' who tried to protest was terribly shunned! You needed to see the ela sad

I am deeply pained sad
Re: The Black Man. by hahn(m): 9:55pm On Apr 20, 2015
April07:
Hahn, you're on point.

The one that gets me, is the level of security these 'expatriates' get.
I mean, a mere Lebanese carpenter suddenly becomes a king and gets to ride with a 'truckload' of soldiers from The Nigerian Army as body guards..
Black fine brothers, scorching in the sun, while the red faced, non English speaking môrôn (call me racist) gets to ride in aircondtioned cars, all alone!
Shebi if the soldier dey inside the car e no go fit protect the oyinbo?
Rubbish!

And yes! @TheDarkRebel, I can confidently place majority of Africans/Nigerians in the places of the 'guys having drinks'. These are the kinda lazy-aimless-yet-conveying-a-lot conversations we have almost everyday, at our leisure, when chilln' with friends!
Thing is, Blacks tolerate alot of crap when its a 'white' (wheter na Lebanese o or Phillipino oo {just imagine}) guy doing it but would draw blood when its a black brother!
Tell me about Xenophobia undecided

Just today, one smelly Indian cut the queue at the bank and the cashiers kept 'sir-ing' him while we helpless Nigerians looked on.
The only person 'yours trully' who tried to protest was terribly shunned! You needed to see the ela sad

I am deeply pained sad

The annoying thing is that Indians, Lebanese and fellow asians are all considered dirtier than even blacks by caucasians. Unfortunately, Nigerians don't know the difference.

Whenever I have the chance I always like to let them know they are nothing and point out the fact that they stink. I'm actually mixed and I get unneccesary preferential treatment even despite the fact that I was born and bred here and I don do my time for ontop street. It just marvels me. The painful truth is that this is actually the main reason why Africa is still in the stone age.

An average black man will travel to Europe, observe the way things are but still come back to Africa and throw pure water nylon out of the window. Its almost as if we consider our home to be a dump. A Nigerian, most especially, will travel to Europe on a tourist visa but will return with an accent and be automatically elevated to "developed" status because of the way he speaks English. Even people who get deported at the airport upon arrivale can suddenly speak american and enjoy pizza and will consider you razz for eating eba with your hands.

The one that annoys me the most is when some e-diots try to eat chicken with fork and knife. Jesus!

Africa! Smd
Re: The Black Man. by dre11(m): 10:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
Watching with interest
Re: The Black Man. by KingTom(m): 8:34am On May 05, 2015
Brilliant cool
Re: The Black Man. by kinglekan: 9:04am On May 05, 2015
Darkrebel666:

I don't totally agree with you bro!! I don't think he has made up any theory here. All I could read in it was someone who basically stated his opinion based on his experience. Silly as his friends might be, its silly little opinions like this that spreads and cause discrimination.

Are there not other blacks in south africa who are open-minded and are not in support of this xenophobic acts? How many have spoken out? How many have openly condemned it. They would rather let the silly minority voice out their archaic and depraved mentality.

I don't want to totally dispute the analogy he gave and I believe he made a valid point by saying we are more tolerant to their misgivings (Whites). How many times do we openly criticise them on our media when they are in the wrong?

Most African countries currently ravaged by civil war and unrest are caused by differences in language, culture, traditions and beliefs. Very minute and silly issues that keep them in a state of backwardness.

(1) (Reply)

Dad Sleeps With His 15 Year Old Daughter To Know If She Is Still A Virgin Or Not / Today Is My Birthday Wish Me A Hapi Bday / 5 Reasons Why You Should Quit Social Media In 2016.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.