Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence (16584 Views)

EFCC Recovers N4billion Cash From Ex-Niger State Deputy Governorship Candidate / Updated: Explosion Rocks Oworonsoki Lagos, Four Injured (Photo) / Niger State Deputy Governor Decamps To APC With 200 Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by Whizzcute(m): 5:47am On Apr 19, 2015
A cooking gas explosion on Saturday at about 7.15am occured at 19B Dolphin Estate, Ikoyi, HFB Way, Lagos.

The house is the Lagos State residence of the Kogi State Deputy Governor. Mr. Yomi Awoniyi.

The explosion was said to have been caused by a leakage from the cooking gas cylinder.

Three occupants in the house, including Mrs. Awoniyi were said to have been trapped, while the driver who was outside washing cars was reportedly injured from the explosion.

It was learnt that the four victims were later taken to St. Maria hospital, Yaba hospital immediately they were rescued.

A source said part of the building was badly damaged and collapsed following the explosion.

But the deputy governor in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Abu Micheal, said he and his family were not affected by the cooking gas explosion.

He stated that he was not in Lagos as at the time of the incident.

The deputy governor said the domestic staff who has some degree of burns and the driver who was hit by part of the debris of the building are in stable condition and are responding to treatment.

The South-West Zonal spokesperson, of the National Emergency Management Agency, Mr. Ibrahim Farinloye told journalists that the agency was alerted after the incidence.

He added that officials of NEMA including himself quickly went to the scene.

According to him, they verified if victims were trapped underneath building.

He said NEMA officials later evacuated the victims.

Farinloye said, “The building collapse was suspected to have been caused by gas cooker explosion around 7:15 a.m this morning.

“The explosion and subsequent building collapse affected three occupants, who were inside the building at the time and the driver who washing the car outside. Although no life was lost, the four injured persons have since been evacuated to St. Maria hospital, Yaba, for proper treatment.

“Currently, the Police Anti-Bomb Squad and Police Disaster Management Unit are working on the site to get to the root of the explosion.

“Afterwards, the Lagos State Building Control Agency will move in to determine the next level of action to take.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/explosion-rocks-kogi-deputy-govs-lagos-residence/

Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by Hotstew(m): 5:49am On Apr 19, 2015
O ga o
Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by GboyegaD(m): 6:19am On Apr 19, 2015
Thank God no live was lost.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by Whizzcute(m): 6:27am On Apr 19, 2015
GboyegaD:
Thank God no live was lost.
yeah,thank God
Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by bewla(m): 6:29am On Apr 19, 2015
Tank God for that
Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by Oklander: 6:40am On Apr 19, 2015
Kogi, a state lead by backward incompetent people! This state needs a serious change ASAP!

26 Likes

Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by tunwumi: 7:04am On Apr 19, 2015
Ha not good news at all.

Bros how did you manage to have home everywhere in the country as a deputy governor?

Is this not corruption?

Naija politician stealing seriously. Anyway stealing is not corruption till May 29

5 Likes

Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by Lobolintin(m): 9:20am On Apr 19, 2015
The people of mopa moro don follow u come Lagos again.... God help us ooo

5 Likes

Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by adesegun121(m): 10:10am On Apr 19, 2015
Ok
Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by Hap678: 10:10am On Apr 19, 2015
Sai baba
Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by sammieguze(m): 10:10am On Apr 19, 2015
Eeya
Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by LMAyedun(m): 10:12am On Apr 19, 2015
A very useless Deputy Gov... I can't wait for the early next year Kogi state election.

2 Likes

Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by lonelydora: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2015
They don come again
Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by NwaNimo1(m): 10:13am On Apr 19, 2015
“Currently, the Police Anti-Bomb Squad and Police Disaster Management Unit are working on the site to get to the root of the explosion.

Thought it was a gas cylinder?

1 Like

Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by joystickextendr: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2015
ehya.. sad

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by Pavore9: 10:14am On Apr 19, 2015
Hian!
Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by justmenoni: 10:14am On Apr 19, 2015
I swear politics sweet oo,see as nema,police,state govts et al quickly responded~am sure had dis happen to a common man lives would hv been lost...hmmm nawa sha oo

1 Like

Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by jamillion: 10:15am On Apr 19, 2015
Oklander:
Kogi, a state lead by backward incompetent people!
see my man smiley aw okland
Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by Matttthew(m): 10:15am On Apr 19, 2015
Ha undecided
Moi state.....
PDP at it again....... God dey see una oooo
Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by deprince316: 10:16am On Apr 19, 2015
[i][/i]Thank God for the family of Kogi DG for the safety after such calamity. It is known that 9ja ppl are superstitious and some may link it to your loss at the polls but I know it wasnt only ur house dat suffered explosion dat same day globally. What shocks me however, is the cause...a safe cooking gas cylinder? So who leaked it and was it intentional? Cooking gas has been safe for a long time in Nigeria and I expect who ever handles it knows the basic rudiments of usage, even my mum who was adamant to it in the past hasn't gotten such explosion since she changed to it.
pls police needs to investigate this, I sense sabotage in this.
Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by Matttthew(m): 10:17am On Apr 19, 2015
I comment my reserve until m tru in church.....
Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by Blackchampion(m): 10:17am On Apr 19, 2015
[s]
pureguide:
Good afternoon all.
I have decided, to share with you all the top 5 ways of making money online. That pays a whole lot of money.

We have
-I M (internet Marketing)
-A M ( Affiliate Marketing)
-B G ( Bloging)
-B S ( Bulk sms)
-W B ( Web Designing)

These are the top five means of earning cash online today online. Will simply break it down for you starting from the first to the fifth.

1- I'm ( Internet Marketing)::
when I say internet marketing It simply means selling of your products/brand and rendering ur service to others eiher offline/online. All you need to do is to create a simple website, containing the products and its description and its possitive effects and how 100% trustworthy it is. And also assure them of returning back their money if it didn't work out as prescribed on the simple website you created. U can as well as get an e commerce websites just like www.jumia.com / / www.aliexpress.com etc! You can allow sellers to market/sell their products to buyers using your e commerce platform I.e websites. If a seller sells any product u will get your own percent on every sell made by a seller. Note: its advisable to get one particular website for your product. And each product should have its own website that is sales page.

2- A M ( Affiliate Marketing)::
mostly used by blog and website owners. All you need to do is visit all these top sites sign up for their affiliate programs. And start advertising the affiliate/ referral link presented to you either on your website,blog,forum or social networks such as facebook/twitter or whatsapp.even bbm. Depending on how many contacts you get.

3- B G( Blogging)::
aha! Blogging is the third one. So many go into blogging for fun but at a time it pays even more than normal business. Ok see the deal here. As u can see Nairaland is selling ads space? U can get yourself a website built by a standard and well skilled acquired website designer like me. Lols. And do all the necessary configurations on it. Inclusive of the traffic. U can sign up for google adsense , adynamo, promo, and a lot of them. U can even add the affiliate marketing banner to ur website. As a website owner you can easily organise seminar with the influence of your website.

4- B S ( Bulk Sms):: another hot strategy for making money. Who hasn't heard of Bulk sms? Well for those who haven't. You can just goto any bulk sms service provider purchase an sms unit. And resell or send bulk sms for clients. Somehow difficult but easy to go with if you are familiar with the system. Advice: don't jump into this on your own meet a prof on the biz or get yourself a mento to guide you. And you also be smilling at your bank acc. Its a cool biz. You can send sms for church, events, companies , organisations etc... Depending on how you advertise yourself. All for these

5- W B( Web Designing):: lols lols lols. This is where I have to introduce myself a little bit. Am not doing this to advertise myself, but if am. I think I deserve the credit for posting this thread. Ok let's roll. Designing of website pays a whole lot more than you even imagine. Am a living testimony. All you need here is just to meet someone who is into the line to teach you how to design a website. The truth you need to know is these. Nowadays every business needs to has a face on the internet. And there is only one way to do that. And that is by designing a website for it. Jumia/konga are business organisations that has put their platform on the internet. You can design a website without coding anything. Check out the websites on my signature I built it on my own without any coding. After learning it. Get yourself a domain name and web hosting. Create a portfolio for your brand and you will be getting web design proposal every week. If not everyday. And the truth of it they will also be renewing their payments annually. And you know what that stands for.

Thanks! As you read this. Hope you put it in practise. Stop wasting your precious time and mb visiting the web without making any profit or tangible thing out of it. Just act now. I can so put you through if you are interested tho!
Am Michael! A K A Mr south! CEO and owner of Nairaguide Web Design Studio

Contact detais:
Whatsapp/call :: 08039710459
Email:: mikketech@gmail.com
Bbm :: 21CB6207
[/s] Stop derailing

2 Likes

Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by steppin: 10:18am On Apr 19, 2015
Gas explosion? *shudders*
To use gas again don dey fear me.
Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by Clemzy16(m): 10:18am On Apr 19, 2015
They have not seen anything yet.. Idris Wada should call-off the over one month old KSU strike, else govt house in Lokoja will be the next in line..

We are tired of staying at home..

#SaveKSU #AnswerOurLecturers #CallOffStrike

4 Likes

Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by mekaboy(m): 10:20am On Apr 19, 2015
Immediately i saw cooking gas i stopped reading.
Re: Explosion Rocks Kogi State Deputy Governor's Residence by tinuolababy(f): 10:20am On Apr 19, 2015
Eeya.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ajomale: Osinbajo Capable But Tinubu Has The Experience To Lead Nigeria / "I Will Hit The Ground Running" - APC National Chairman, Ganduje / Senators Trade Words Over ₦‎29 Trillion Ways And Means Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.