Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,503 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Raising My Toyota Corolla Sports - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Raising My Toyota Corolla Sports (3519 Views)

A Car Thief Breaks Into My Toyota Corolla Intermitently / Problem With My Toyota Car. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Raising My Toyota Corolla Sports by Successbay: 9:59am On Apr 19, 2015
Good day naira landers,

Please I need your opinion on my Toyota Corolla sports, 2007 model that I just bought. I must be quick to mention that this is my first car.

My concern is, the car hits the ground a lot, whenever I go through some pot holes or bumps, the car is very close to the ground.

A friend advised me in raising the car,but am worried that raising the car may affect the balance or stability of the car, since I will be altering the original design.

Please, will need ur candid advise on this, as I intend going on a long journey with the car. If I should go ahead to raise the car or not.

Thanks and good day.
Re: Raising My Toyota Corolla Sports by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 19, 2015
DON'T. If you do, you wouldn't like the handling. It might become a death trap.

If you were particular about ride heights, you would had bought the Corolla LE or CE or XLE. Corolla S is a sports, and its tuned by the manufacturers to stay low to the ground for better handling and also low C of G. Any attempt to use any other shocks apart from a Corolla S shock would end up altering the car and might pose a risk. If you're still serious about ride heights, you should swap or sell off th Corolla S and get a Corolla LE.

In this modern world where folks are crazy about reducing their car's height and would readily cut off their limbs to lower their cars, Nigerians wish to gain ride heights. What an irony. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Raising My Toyota Corolla Sports by Readonee35L(m): 10:54am On Apr 19, 2015
Op why should you buy a corolla s .. if you are worried about heights
infact if i own the corolla s i will lower it because that default setup is not even low to me.

Since toyota dont modify the engine of there sports.
The difference between le and se on the Toyota is beyond body kits
But suspentions
Wheels
Shocks
E.t.c
Altering this will give a bad ride ...
Re: Raising My Toyota Corolla Sports by Nobody: 11:08am On Apr 19, 2015
Readonee35L:
Op why should you buy a corolla s .. if you are worried about heights
infact if i own the corolla s i will lower it because that default setup is not even low to me.

Since toyota dont modify the engine of there sports.
The difference between le and se on the Toyota is beyond body kits
But suspentions
Wheels
Shocks
E.t.c
Altering this will give a bad ride ...

They tweak their SE camry trim to bump a bit more horses.I dont know if they do same for their S corolla.
Re: Raising My Toyota Corolla Sports by Readonee35L(m): 12:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
lomomike:

They tweak their SE camry trim to bump a bit more horses.I dont know if they do same for their S corolla.
Are u sure about this
Because based on my knowledge se,le and xle share same engine and setup ....
I never knew it had more hp than the other trim

I aaav driven all of them and thy feel the same i4 and v6
But the se should have been turbo charged or even having a very high hp if they were to do justice

1 Like

Re: Raising My Toyota Corolla Sports by Kashif(m): 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
Readonee35L:

Are u sure about this
Because based on my knowledge se,le and xle share same engine and setup ....
I never knew it had more hp than the other trim

I aaav driven all of them and thy feel the same i4 and v6
But the se should have been turbo charged or even having a very high hp if they were to do justice

He is right.

@OP, Toyota says they can no longer guarantee your car's handling if you raise it. If you are hard pressed to raise it, tie a small stone underneath your throttle pedal as a speed check wink
Re: Raising My Toyota Corolla Sports by Successbay: 1:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
Thanks chief, ur advice is highly appreciated. Na to dey manage am like that.. Be more careful with bumps n pot holes...
Once more gracias.
Re: Raising My Toyota Corolla Sports by sheu01: 3:41pm On Jan 05, 2020
Successbay, tell me d size of d tire and I also have sport but want to change it to 215/65/r15, tell me what u have done to your own and your tire size pls

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Made A Car Of Wood (photos) / GAZZUZZ! God Bless You! / 21 Number Plate Codes Of Imo State And What They Mean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.