Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,182 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Let Me Borrow Buhari My Ideas which are 9 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Me Borrow Buhari My Ideas which are 9 (843 Views)

Buhari: 'My Wife, Aisha, Belongs To My Kitchen, Living Room' / Aisha Buhari: My US Trip Funded With Personal Funds And Sponsorship Grant / PDP-Sponsored Documentary On Buhari & My Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Me Borrow Buhari My Ideas which are 9 by sportfeva(m): 11:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
Don't mind my words. This country is ours and we have to keep building it to a greater height. My ideas are my thought and vision.

Buhari Government

1) should declare all contract, whether big or small public. Nigerians should compete for it. They should segregate the contract work into bit by bit. Best conduct must be intertwine.

Preference should be given to quality and cost effectiveness. This will strengthen transparency, increase equal distribution of wealth and provide more jobs and income.

He should also encourage state government to follow suite.

I know this could be hard to implement but he should remember his service is for the people.
Also, I know this idea involve painstaking research to see how feasible and implementable it will be. But I surely know, it is possible and has more benefits than otherwise.
Re: Let Me Borrow Buhari My Ideas which are 9 by sportfeva(m): 1:09am On Apr 20, 2015
2) should create a platform where people can proffer ideas, program & research that must have collective development undertone for the nation or community and will be sponsored. We have the money. It could be in the area of affordable quality shelter, health, curtailing social vices, social orientation, education, social problem, transport and communication problem, public facilities management problem to many more..... etc.

We have the manpower and financial resources to make this happen.

This should be transparent as well, promote the research program with greater awareness and reward individual or team with whose research that monumental impact to the nation to encourage others.
Re: Let Me Borrow Buhari My Ideas which are 9 by Kzinne: 1:58am On Apr 20, 2015
rubbish. thrash
Re: Let Me Borrow Buhari My Ideas which are 9 by Kzinne: 2:00am On Apr 20, 2015
rubbish. thrash. so if Nigeria wants to build nuclear power plants we should segregate it and contract to Nigerians abi? look ekiti state is not Nigeria. u guys should reason before you start blabbing through your anus
Re: Let Me Borrow Buhari My Ideas which are 9 by Kzinne: 2:02am On Apr 20, 2015
that the problem with these fools who think buhari would start handing them jobs once he takes over. they would be heavily disappointed. op shame on u
Re: Let Me Borrow Buhari My Ideas which are 9 by sportfeva(m): 6:12am On Apr 20, 2015
Kzinne:
rubbish. thrash. so if Nigeria wants to build nuclear power plants we should segregate it and contract to Nigerians abi? look ekiti state is not Nigeria. u guys should reason before you start blabbing through your anus
Guy, if you read my message well, I never said is perfect. All I thought is, if he could make nearly all government contract public, it is a plus to him and an innovative idea. If painstaking investigation could be done on my idea, it has more benefits. Whichever way, your brain reason it.

Whether he handover work to the public domain, is not my problem and the majority. It is his sole decision. You can't keep doing things the same way and get a different result. It must still be the same result. It is just a laudable idea. If majority of Nigeria felt this is trash or good, no qualms. In addition, this is just an idea that is meant to be deeply look into, test-run and see it results.
Re: Let Me Borrow Buhari My Ideas which are 9 by sportfeva(m): 8:09am On Apr 20, 2015
3) Cabinet appointment: No doubt, this is the foundation of the seemly better governance and administration. It will mark a huge sign for success or failure. With the transition committee which he intend to appoint mostly based on technocrat and not mostly from his party or party influence, is a good sign.

Buhari should engage the service of HR firms like Philip consulting and it likes in appointing his ministers, special adviser, head of parastatals and other key position.
Having formidable team will help his decision making, goals achievement, foster growth and development. The position should be declare public with interest from people home and abroad to participate. Zoning should be part of the requirement. It should be competitive and best have the job.

He must have learn this from his immediate.
Re: Let Me Borrow Buhari My Ideas which are 9 by sportfeva(m): 6:33pm On Jun 06, 2015
4) should support sport development for the youth. Annual sport competition should be encouraged. All sports, including local sports. This will improve our contribution internationally and others benefits.

5) greater focus on increasing power supply. If by a year or 2 years old of his administration, power supply haven't been increase to 10,000MW (the lowest), just consider yourself a failure in that sector.

6) encourage or stipulate a law that will enforce foreign investors to employ at least 80% of Nigerians as their workforce and atleast 50% must be an executive board member. What is the essence of direct foreign investment that can't provide job, increase income and career proficiency?

7) appoint foreign ambassador that are technocrat and diplomat. Many of the past ambassadors are a disgrace to this nation and their people.

8 Our educational institution needs a total overhaul. Those who didn't get the competitive admission, where are they? They are not dullard. Fix them somewhere. Adult education should be encouraged.

9) Nigeria Police: This unit needs refurbishment. From their police station and barracks, to training and research (some or many don't know how to control a simple crowd, protest, don’t act civil with people that are unarmed, to many psychological problems bedeviling them etc.), all forms of corruption which is like a norm, improve payment and welfare package. Who say house like "Edet house" should only be Abuja. Police need more of that house in each state capital. There office environment is not honourable and perhaps is affecting them psychologically.

My thoughts for now
God Bless Nigeria.....

1 Like

Re: Let Me Borrow Buhari My Ideas which are 9 by olami234lekan(m): 7:37pm On Jun 06, 2015
space booked

(1) (Reply)

21st Century Lagos In The Eye Of Change / Know About The New IG Of Police / VP Elect, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo Covers gemWOMAN/gemMAN Magazine [See Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.