Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,970 members, 7,841,713 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Buhari Social Program Very Possible. My Analysis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Social Program Very Possible. My Analysis (807 Views)

Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? / Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. / Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Social Program Very Possible. My Analysis by bogzyboy(m): 12:17am On Apr 20, 2015
First,

Here are ways how the program can be implemented while cutting cost.

1. The fed will increase the allocation for the ministry of agriculture and build on what Jonathan had done in that sector. Giving easy loans and services to farmers to produce more than they usually sell. most of which will be bought from them and redistributed to school feeding. This way, Farmers will produce more than they usually sell and government gets the surplus. Payments for the surplus can be arranged either directly or in installments. Payments can also be made by providing free services for farmers that way, they can have enough materials for large scale farming at no cost as long as they produce more than their usual output and the government gets their surplus.

2. The government can start its own federal agric zones (2-3 in every geo political zone) to produce on a large scale here by creating more jobs (more taxes) and only pay the logistics and service delivery expenditure and put the cost of running federal agric zones on the budget of the ministry of agriculture.

3. The government can work with the ministry of education to vet and inspect schools that will meet the criteria for free school feeding in all zones (State with 10 schools per LG or something more resonable). This means state government have to develop each school to a certain standard and they must have certain criterion they need to meet before getting a federal feeding pass. This way, they cost will increase by the year and there will be pressure on state governments to develop and modernize their schools. That way, they Fed can hold the states responsible for not doing enough work to get certain school into the program. Schools that meet the requirements will join every session and the budget will not be increased all at once.

4. 25 million unemployed people wont just start getting paid as well. requirements have to be meet and prove that they are looking for work or enrolled in a federal training program has to be meet. If you dont do this, you wont get your money for the month.

5. The 5,000 should be paid from a bank established for the purpose. Lets call it. Federal assist credit bank. (FACB) and it should have specific stores that are allowed to accept them. that way, the fed can control what you can buy with what you get. That way, surplus foods from Federal agric zones that i mentioned earlier can set up shop and sell more food receiving payments from FACB. And utility bills like electricity and few other can be paid with FACB cards too among other things that are mainly government produced or controlled. that way, The government will only be subsiding its own services for poor people and wont have to add huge money to the budget. Cash back of only 1000 a month should be allowed on the card. that way 4,000 per person as to be used for food and utilities. reducing the cost of the program by 75%. Small SMEs can register to accept FACB cards too which will increase their sales and create sustainable small business jobs.

This few ideas will reduce the cost of running the social program and add that to few leakages that will be blocked. It wont take too much out of the Federal budget

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program Very Possible. My Analysis by upwardmode: 12:22am On Apr 20, 2015
so good on papper. Im glad u r good with figures, give a real time break down n lets c. or do a model of dis, my colleages will say u should simulate it, lets c.
Re: Buhari Social Program Very Possible. My Analysis by pistol: 12:24am On Apr 20, 2015
What is this communism or what?total nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program Very Possible. My Analysis by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 12:46am On Apr 20, 2015
I read the other thread where Obiagelli did her analysis on financial resources available to Federal Government while forgetting that the Oil money is shared between the Federation and Oil Companies in certain ratio.

She also forgot that the Federal Government sets aside 13% for oil producing States while the remaining is shared between the Federal, States and Local Governments. Same as the internally generated revenues.

Reading this thread makes me conclude that most APC supporters are only good in theory without any slightest practical experience.

Continue speculating on Change to nowhere having rejected an established ongoing transformation.

In four year, we will measure the success of this administration and compare them with GEJ's transformation regime.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Social Program Very Possible. My Analysis by egift(m): 12:56am On Apr 20, 2015
Whichever way you look at it, Buhari can achieve his campaign promises to Nigerians.

PDP supporters are just trying in vain to justify the failures of Jonathan, by discrediting Buhari's Administration before it even start.

Buhari will succeed and PDP will remain disappointed.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program Very Possible. My Analysis by Volksfuhrer(m): 1:17am On Apr 20, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:
I read the other thread where Obiagelli did her analysis on financial resources available to Federal Government while forgetting that the Oil money is shared between the Federation and Oil Companies in certain ratio.

She also forgot that the Federal Government sets aside 13% for oil producing States while the remaining is shared between the Federal, States and Local Governments. Same as the internally generated revenues.

Reading this thread makes me conclude that most APC supporters are only good in theory without any slightest practical experience.

Continue speculating on Change to nowhere having rejected an established ongoing transformation.

In four year, we will measure the success of this administration and compare them with GEJ's transformation regime.

In four years, Buhari's success will disappoint you TANoids.

That program is very much feasible. You will all be living witnesses to its success!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program Very Possible. My Analysis by Nobody: 6:39am On Apr 20, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

I already covered all you mentioned in my original post
Re: Buhari Social Program Very Possible. My Analysis by 9jii(m): 6:56am On Apr 20, 2015
Just because PDP failed they are praying everything in this country to fail.

Waiting and praying Baba will succeed

1 Like

Re: Buhari Social Program Very Possible. My Analysis by egift(m): 7:08am On Apr 20, 2015
9jii:
Just because PDP failed they are praying everything in this country to fail.

Waiting and praying Baba will succeed

PDP want Nigeria to fail just because they no longer have their claws looting the National Cake.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Social Program Very Possible. My Analysis by Volksfuhrer(m): 7:38am On Apr 20, 2015
Obiagelli:

I already covered all you mentioned in my original post

Obiagelli, TANoids have shown themselves to be bullies and sore losers. Just ignore them!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Anti-gay Bill & Patience Made Jonathan Lose The Election - Osom Makbere / This Yam, This Goat, This Country; PWC & NNPC (part 2) By Feyi Fawehinmi / US Secretary Of State John Kerry Arrives At JKIA In Nairobi ( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.