Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,081 members, 7,821,715 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Please I Need Help On This My Laptop HP 630 Problem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please I Need Help On This My Laptop HP 630 Problem (2260 Views)

Cheap Laptop! HP 630 For Sale! SOLD!!! / Hp 630 With 500gb Hard Disk And 4gb Ram For Sale(45k) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help On This My Laptop HP 630 Problem by chemicstein: 10:11am On Apr 20, 2015
My brother was watching a movie (CD) on my laptop. He didn't close the movie but hibernated the laptop with the cd still in the drive E. After some time he just pressed the eject buTton on the cd compartment and ejected the cd instead of booting the system, closinng the half watched film b4 ejectinng the disk.
I tried to on the laptop after this incident but the laptop has refused to boot. It gets stucked up at one "wwindows resume loader" page giving me two options to choose from but I cannt click on any because my keyboard is not responding too.
Plz who knows how I cann tackle this problem or any place in lagos I can take it to? Thanks

Re: Please I Need Help On This My Laptop HP 630 Problem by RobinHez(m): 10:24am On Apr 20, 2015
Delete restoration point.
Re: Please I Need Help On This My Laptop HP 630 Problem by chemicstein: 11:31am On Apr 20, 2015
I can't click on that option because my keyboard is not responding....please you guys should help a brother
RobinHez:
Delete restoration point.
Re: Please I Need Help On This My Laptop HP 630 Problem by RobinHez(m): 8:32pm On Apr 20, 2015
chemicstein:
I can't click on that option because my keyboard is not responding....please you guys should help a brother
Are u sure there's nothing wrong with ur keyboard?...can u boot into BIOS?
Re: Please I Need Help On This My Laptop HP 630 Problem by chemicstein: 11:24am On Apr 21, 2015
There's nothing wrong with my keyboard....I don't know how to boot into BIOS....even the F keys are nnot wrking excet the F2 that takes me to the "HP Advanced System Diagnostics" shown below
RobinHez:

Are u sure there's nothing wrong with ur keyboard?...can u boot into BIOS?

Re: Please I Need Help On This My Laptop HP 630 Problem by RobinHez(m): 11:46am On Apr 21, 2015
Ok bro...lemme explain something to you.
There's a file on ur hard disk renamed hiberfil.sys
That's the data saved by ur system for hibernation. We'll have to delete that file to enable windows startup normally...That's where a Live Cd comes in...
Try getting a windows os disc.

...Also just 4 trying sake...try the spacebar instead of enter.
Re: Please I Need Help On This My Laptop HP 630 Problem by chemicstein: 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
Where can I get a windows os disc? Plz how can I delete the said file with the os disc?lz elaborate more bro. Give me a step by step breakdown of the aproach. Thank you for finding time to help
RobinHez:
Ok bro...lemme explain something to you.
There's a file on ur hard disk renamed hiberfil.sys
That's the data saved by ur system for hibernation. We'll have to delete that file to enable windows startup normally...That's where a Live Cd comes in...
Try getting a windows os disc.

...Also just 4 trying sake...try the spacebar instead of enter.
Re: Please I Need Help On This My Laptop HP 630 Problem by RobinHez(m): 3:08pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ur best bet is a Linux live cd e.g. Ubuntu as it is faster and more convenient.
Also u could use a windows live cd.
Well a windows xp/7/8 disc costs nothing more than #100 at a computer store. If u stay around ikeja, you can get it at computer village.
Once that is done, insert the disc into ur disc drive and restart it.
When it tries to boot, u'll see a prompt asking u to press any key to boot from cd. Press any key!
Then the system would load some (setup) files After which u'll meet a windows splash screen. Select ur language and click next.
U'd see a 'repair your computer' link at the bottom left of your screen. just click on it.
You'd see a dialog box asking you to select your operating system.
now here's the trick...be careful now
On that dialog box, u'll see a 'load drivers' button>click on it and select ok...this should open a mini file explorer.
Open my computer, and open your Local disc/hard disc.
Scroll down and look for the hyberfil.sys file and then delete it.
Close all open windows, remove the disc and restart your system.

All things been equal, it should bootup normally.
Re: Please I Need Help On This My Laptop HP 630 Problem by chemicstein: 4:24pm On Apr 21, 2015
Thank you I will try it right away
RobinHez:
Well a windows xp/7/8 disc costs nothing more than #100 at a computer store. If u stay around ikeja, you can get it at computer village.
When it tries to boot, u'll see a prompt asking u to press any key to boot from cd. Press any key!
Then the system would load some (setup) files After which u'll meet a windows splash screen. Select ur language and click next.
U'd see a 'repair your computer' link at the bottom left of your screen. just click on it.
On that dialog box, u'll see a 'load drivers' button>click on it and select ok...this should open a mini file explorer.

Re: Please I Need Help On This My Laptop HP 630 Problem by chemicstein: 10:43am On May 03, 2015
I bought a windows 2008 Bootable disc, inserted it and turned on the ssystem but nothing happened...the Windows Resume Paggge still came up and the cd is not even turning in the drive E
RobinHez:

(1) (Reply)

Oracle Vs Cisco / HP Envy M6, Core i5, 2.60ghz, 6gb Ram, 750gb, Keyboard Light For 80k / "a Disk Read Error Occurred"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.