Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro (11151 Views)

Fayose Compensates People Affected By Ise Road Dualization (pics) / Boko Haram Attacks Will Be Over Soon, Says Buhari. / Video Of The Nigerian Car Dealer Shop Burnt Down By Xenophobic South Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by ozoigbondu: 4:01pm On Apr 20, 2015
Nigeria’s Minister of State for Foreign Affairs II, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, is hopeful that citizens affected by the xenophobic attacks in South Africa will be compensated.
Since the renewed attacks started last week, several Nigerians have lost their businesses and other belongings to fire set by locals on buildings where their businesses were housed.
Senator Obanikoro in an interview with Channels TV, said that Nigerian High Commissioner, Martin Cobham and other delegations were taking stock of damages done to Nigerians to ensure that adequate compensation would be given to them.

“We have situations where some of our people lost their shops in this attack.

“We are taking stock of the damages done to them and we are going to be engaging the South African Government,” senator Obanikoro said.

He stated that the South African government had been exploring different avenues to end the attacks that have claimed several lives in KwaZulu-Natal province.

“One of the major stakeholders who incited the South African community has called for a meeting this morning where some representatives of the affected countries would be addressed.

“Some traditional rulers will be there to see how they can douse the situation and ensure the safety of Nigerians and other nationals in South Africa.
“This is a very shameful situation and it has attracted a lot of international outcry.

“I think the leaders have seen the need to ensure that the xenophobic attacks do not escalate.
“The attitude is now more promising and within the next few days we should be able to put this behind us.

“We are working on how best we can get a lasting solution to the problem,” the Nigerian Minister said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/nigerians-affected-by-xenophobic-attacks-will-be-compensated-obanikoro/

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by othuskyTM(m): 4:03pm On Apr 20, 2015
ozoigbondu:
Nigeria’s Minister of State for Foreign Affairs II, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, is hopeful that citizens affected by the xenophobic attacks in South Africa will be compensated.
Since the renewed attacks started last week, several Nigerians have lost their businesses and other belongings to fire set by locals on buildings where their businesses were housed.
Senator Obanikoro in an interview with Channels TV, said that Nigerian High Commissioner, Martin Cobham and other delegations were taking stock of damages done to Nigerians to ensure that adequate compensation would be given to them.
“We have situations where some of our people lost their shops in this attack.
“We are taking stock of the damages done to them and we are going to be engaging the South African Government,” senator Obanikoro said.
He stated that the South African government had been exploring different avenues to end the attacks that have claimed several lives in KwaZulu-Natal province.
“One of the major stakeholders who incited the South African community has called for a meeting this morning where some representatives of the affected countries would be addressed.
“Some traditional rulers will be there to see how they can douse the situation and ensure the safety of Nigerians and other nationals in South Africa.
“This is a very shameful situation and it has attracted a lot of international outcry.
“I think the leaders have seen the need to ensure that the xenophobic attacks do not escalate.
“The attitude is now more promising and within the next few days we should be able to put this behind us.
“We are working on how best we can get a lasting solution to the problem,” the Nigerian Minister said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/nigerians-affected-by-xenophobic-attacks-will-be-compensated-obanikoro/

Nah today..............? Story it has been tayed.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by BOWOTO(m): 4:06pm On Apr 20, 2015
Blessing in disguise for some people.
Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:06pm On Apr 20, 2015
In Nigeria we dey call am, promise wey man dey promise woman on top bed..

[size=48pt]Edited:[/size]

I want to use dis medium to thank God for d gift of 2 decades + on this earth, many have gone but here are my reading a post from ozoigbondu. no b sey my way straight but God still kept me till dis very moment. God I'm so grateful & will always proclaim thy steadfast love towards me..

God I thank you..

Chukwu okike ekenekwa m gi..

Eshe Baba..

Nagode Allah..

Lastly, I want to also thank God because there was no miscarriage when I was still in d womb. I want to thank my mum for not aborting me & I want to also say I'm sorry to mummy for sucking her boobs close to 2yrs which contributed immensly to falling of her Olympus..

[size=16pt]Happy Birthday To Me..[/size]

23 Likes

Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by jascon1(m): 4:16pm On Apr 20, 2015
Tales by moonlight. Ah! cool I miss that program o.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by goodmorning40: 4:31pm On Apr 20, 2015
Story! Story!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by okpismart: 9:40am On Apr 21, 2015
No amount of money can replace lives lost

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by paulolee(m): 9:40am On Apr 21, 2015
hmmmm... tinz ar easier said than done
Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by holicalpha(m): 9:40am On Apr 21, 2015
A good move.... And those over there should come home till everything settles down.

Dedicate this front page to the Thunder that will fire those Xenophobic Bastards.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by Isychrist(f): 9:40am On Apr 21, 2015
God have mercy o
Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 21, 2015
pls read and help me on this thing,i need this thing
move to
frontpage . www.nairaland.com/2257006/urgently-need-nairalanderspls#32733809 this is my life
Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by jeeqaa7(m): 9:40am On Apr 21, 2015
With whose money?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by Heebucun(f): 9:41am On Apr 21, 2015
We know where the money will eventually lead to

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 21, 2015
You say wetin? With all due respect obanikoro and that Zulu chief in South Africa are birds of the same feathers just that the former thinks fast while the later thinks slow like an epileptic network service

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by demmy0325(m): 9:42am On Apr 21, 2015
Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by okotv(m): 9:42am On Apr 21, 2015
obanikoro can still talk after being one of the worst hit in this past elections
Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by Dronedude(m): 9:42am On Apr 21, 2015
Obanikoro under who's government are you compensating.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by omenka(m): 9:42am On Apr 21, 2015
Trying so hard to be seen as messianic before ther exit. Who are they fooling??

Had they worked to ensure better conditions of living for Nigerians in Nigeria instead of the unbridled looting that is their template for service, nobody would have gone searching for means of livelihood in SA.

How many victims of similar incidents in Nigeria have they compensated?? It took an election approach for them to compensate families of victims of the immigration tragedy a year after the incident.

Yeye people.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:42am On Apr 21, 2015
Do they have to wait for Nigerians to be attacked before they compensate them?
Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:42am On Apr 21, 2015
Another corrupt leader talking angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by eaglechild: 9:42am On Apr 21, 2015
okpismart:
No amount of money can replace lives lost
True but no Nigerian life has been lost
Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by boolet: 9:42am On Apr 21, 2015
Koro feels he must talk cheesy
Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 21, 2015
liars, with less than 4 weeks to go? looking for away to swallow the remaining ministry money.
Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by Bants(m): 9:44am On Apr 21, 2015
Obanikoro saying this is a good idea hopefully they do it then that means PDP can come back 2019
Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by okpismart: 9:45am On Apr 21, 2015
eaglechild:

True but no Nigerian life has been lost
ok didn't know that, but the amount of money they will be giving can't be equivalent to their losses
Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by Bants(m): 9:45am On Apr 21, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

How can they compensate something that has not happened

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by mdlovesher: 9:47am On Apr 21, 2015
If those in south africa are compensated, then what happens to the victims of various crimes, such as vandalism, theft, thuggery, burglary, violence, natural epidemic and so on the Nigerian soil. That's what you have, when you have someone incompetent occupying offices. No critical thinking and analysis before making cheap pronouncements for political gains.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Affected By Xenophobic Attacks Will Be Compensated - Obanikoro by eCollynzo: 9:50am On Apr 21, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Berem you be big mumu I swear.
No they should be compensate without losing anything.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

"We Are Dying, Pay Our Salaries" - Kogi Workers Tell Governor Yahaya Bello / Ibrahim Mallaha Gusau Is Dead: Zamfara PDP Chairman Dies / President Buhari Receives Delegation From Gombe State Led By Governor Inuwa. PIX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.