Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,400 members, 7,954,579 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:33 PM

How Do I Root My Android Phone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Root My Android Phone? (1000 Views)

How To Unroot Your Android Device Using King Root / How Can I Root Tecno Y4? / How Can I Root My HUAWEI Y520 - U22 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Root My Android Phone? by 2Mekus: 2:12pm On Apr 21, 2015
Just discovered that my phone is not rooted. How do I root it please

It is LG E970 Optimus (branded to AT & T). I need to root it so as to use it for hotspot.
Re: How Do I Root My Android Phone? by Lobolintin(m): 2:27pm On Apr 21, 2015
Download king root apk
Re: How Do I Root My Android Phone? by raydatluvs(m): 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2015
Plz wat does rooting mean and why is it necessary
Re: How Do I Root My Android Phone? by febbymi: 3:02pm On Apr 21, 2015
@op
R u sure it isnt rooted? Btw mine was rooted but still had the hotspot problem, so it being unrooted aint the cause. Guess it's an at&t thing. I had to do some major tweakin to get it to work
Re: How Do I Root My Android Phone? by slimmyjimmy(m): 4:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
TRY THESE. For android use these apps one go wosk FRAMAROOT Z4ROOT. ZERGROOT.TOWELROOT.BAIDUROOT.KINGROOT IROOT FOR PC USE IROOT ONLY
Re: How Do I Root My Android Phone? by 2Mekus: 5:03pm On Apr 21, 2015
febbymi:
@op
R u sure it isnt rooted? Btw mine was rooted but still had the hotspot problem, so it being unrooted aint the cause. Guess it's an at&t thing. I had to do some major tweakin to get it to work

So what was the tweaking you made? Perhaps it could solve mine too.
Re: How Do I Root My Android Phone? by bongolistik(m): 7:22pm On Apr 21, 2015
To root your phone, follow the simpified step here, u will also get the direct download link for d right app to root ur LG
http://highteknology..in/2014/12/how-i-root-samsung-and-other-androids.html
Re: How Do I Root My Android Phone? by bedfordng(m): 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
raydatluvs:
Plz wat does rooting mean and why is it necessary
rooting means granting admin right to modify the system in the phone.with such right, you can tweak the phone system to your taste.some system paths in the phone cannot be allowed access unless you have such right.for example, you cannot access your phone system data files and delete stuffs from it without such right except maybe you make use of custom recovery and recovery file managers.

Note: rooting is not for everyone especially if you just want to use the device to surf the net, check email, play games etc.but if you want to explore the device to the fullest, then you may want to root your device.

For me, i can't make use of android device without rooting it because i love exploring the system paths a lot to try new stuffs
Re: How Do I Root My Android Phone? by raydatluvs(m): 8:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
bedfordng:
rooting means granting admin right to modify the system in the phone.with such right, you can tweak the phone system to your taste.some system paths in the phone cannot be allowed access unless you have such right.for example, you cannot access your phone system data files and delete stuffs from it without such right except maybe you make use of custom recovery and recovery file managers.

Note: rooting is not for everyone especially if you just want to use the device to surf the net, check email, play games etc.but if you want to explore the device to the fullest, then you may want to root your device.

For me, i can't make use of android device without rooting it because i love exploring the system paths a lot to try new stuffs
Re: How Do I Root My Android Phone? by raydatluvs(m): 8:58pm On Apr 21, 2015
Well am not into the exploring tins so i dun need it....tanks tho,appreciate
bedfordng:

Re: How Do I Root My Android Phone? by febbymi: 9:36pm On Apr 21, 2015
You need root access to do the tweak. Have ur fone rooted, i'll post the steps 4 u
Re: How Do I Root My Android Phone? by willian10: 11:20pm On Apr 21, 2015
My phone is rooted, but I dunno how to change d status bar style.... Gurus in d house plzz help
Re: How Do I Root My Android Phone? by 2Mekus: 11:22pm On Apr 21, 2015
febbymi:
You need root access to do the tweak. Have ur fone rooted, i'll post the steps 4 u

Well, post the steps now?

(1) (Reply)

Thumb Empires Game Android Solutions Tool Conjurite, Gems And Gold APK Ios / Huawei Y3 - One Of The Cheapest Android Device In Nigera Today / Indonesia Version Of Infinix Zero 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.