Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Sexual Harrasment In The Movie Industry - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Sexual Harrasment In The Movie Industry (547 Views)

This Is How Yoruba Movie Industry Keeps Disgracing Nigerians / Maheeda Exposes Man Who Slut-shamed Her After She Turned Down His Sexual Advance / Popular Non Yoruba Indigenes Making Waves In The Yoruba Movie Industry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sexual Harrasment In The Movie Industry by Holluwatarhyor(m): 3:19pm On Apr 21, 2015
Sexual harrasment in the movie industry
i've seen and watched so many celebrities claiming they got to where they are without any sexual assaults from their producers,directors and so on.But this lady mary adufe popularly known as sisi ferari has this to say

What are the challenges you have faced in the industry?

To be honest, it has been tough since I joined the movie industry. I go through different challenges every day. I was working for Yinka Quadri as a secretary when I started out but I resigned because I didn’t get any job satisfaction. I decided to be on my own but it has not been rosy at all. Some of the so-called directors and producers are very funny. When they call you to feature in their movies, what they really want is to have sex with you. A few of them that do such are even bold enough to tell you that they love you and would make you a star when they are not God. The most annoying one that happened to me was with a production manager of a popular soap opera. I don’t want to mention the name of the soap opera and the production manager. Somebody introduced me to the person on the phone and when he called me, he said somebody told him about me that I am a good actress. I really appreciated it and thanked him. Then the next question he asked me was whether I was a pretty and tall person needed for a role. I told him he would find out when we saw. Sincerely, when he saw me, he was very happy and said I was perfect for the role. He behaved nicely to me at the beginning and I started playing the role at the location of the soap opera. Suddenly he just changed towards me. He called me and said he gave me the role because of the love he had for me. I was totally disoriented. This was someone I’d newly met and was talking about love. Then I begged him to see me as his sister. He didn’t even allow me to finish the sentence before he said he would recognise his own sister and that he was in love with me. Till I left the location that day, this man didn’t bother to talk to me even though I begged him that I could not have sex with him. When they were shooting the next episode which I was supposed to continue, he didn’t bother to call me. He called another girl to play the role and I am very sure the girl accepted his offer before he gave her the role.
Are you really saying such a thing happens in your industry?

Yes, it still happens and it is indeed a serious and terrible situation. I don’t just know what they derive in it.
Re: Sexual Harrasment In The Movie Industry by imbless: 3:20pm On Apr 21, 2015
Re: Sexual Harrasment In The Movie Industry by iphanyiuma(m): 3:21pm On Apr 21, 2015
Re: Sexual Harrasment In The Movie Industry by Tallesty1(m): 3:27pm On Apr 21, 2015
Take me as your sistergringringrin

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Beyonce's Mum Finds Love At 61 / Why I’m Losing My Voice-- 9ice Explains / Another Obo In The Music Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.