Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,133 members, 7,852,851 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:09 AM

Is Mtn Right In Threaten Nigerians In Nigeria #boycotmtn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Mtn Right In Threaten Nigerians In Nigeria #boycotmtn (1210 Views)

Militants Threaten To Attack Niger-Delta Governors / Avengers Threaten Secession As Militants Bomb NPDC Facilities / PDP Threaten Nigerians Against Rejecting Jonathan On Saturday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Mtn Right In Threaten Nigerians In Nigeria #boycotmtn by redsconsult(m): 4:46pm On Apr 21, 2015
With the resent threat by mtn that he would be forced to close down its operation in Nigeria if the protest over xenophobic killings in south africa should continue, and that over 6000 nigerian workers will be sacked, my 2 questions for Nigeria is that

1. is it Right that Mtn will use the unemployement disadvantages in Nigeria as a good response to those protesting

2. i will like to know who will loose more in the long run if we forcefully shutdown mtn, is it the Nigerians presently working there, Nigeria Governments or Mtn itself taking into the massive investment by this company in Nigeria and the effect on the common man on the street.
Re: Is Mtn Right In Threaten Nigerians In Nigeria #boycotmtn by redsconsult(m): 4:47pm On Apr 21, 2015
mtn nigeria

Re: Is Mtn Right In Threaten Nigerians In Nigeria #boycotmtn by phabuloz(m): 4:50pm On Apr 21, 2015
The biggest communication network shutting down in the most populated african country.....certainly it's them that will lose

1 Like

Re: Is Mtn Right In Threaten Nigerians In Nigeria #boycotmtn by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 21, 2015
to be very sincere. it will affect the two parties but mostly Nigerians cos many nigerians work with mtn and again here I live its only Mtn network dt is fast here. I use it to browse n download n stuffs like dt. but it is not ryt for Dem to threaten us
Re: Is Mtn Right In Threaten Nigerians In Nigeria #boycotmtn by 7lives: 6:13pm On Apr 21, 2015
phabuloz:
The biggest communication network shutting down in the most populated african country.....certainly it's them that will lose

Mtn has made enough from Nigeria they can afford to shut down so wake up.
Even if Mtn shut down their operation in Nigeria, will this stop the xenophobia currently going on in SA?, Will the current xenophobia in SA discourage Nigerians from moving to SA?.
We can't cut the nose to spite the face or else head or tail we lose.

1 Like

Re: Is Mtn Right In Threaten Nigerians In Nigeria #boycotmtn by Cbntlt(m): 6:15pm On Apr 21, 2015
mtn undecided me am tired self angry I will just port
Re: Is Mtn Right In Threaten Nigerians In Nigeria #boycotmtn by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 21, 2015
MTN did not threaten Nigeria, MTN told us the gospel truth. 6000 Nigerians are set to loose their jobs if MTN is shut down. 6000 people working in their own country. 6000 thousand people who have families to feed.
They are about to loose their jobs so that those in SA illegally can remain there. Thats just stupid.

Shutting down MTN by Nigerian government is the same as Nigeria lying on their backs and spitting at south Africa.
Re: Is Mtn Right In Threaten Nigerians In Nigeria #boycotmtn by richidinho(m): 7:43pm On Apr 21, 2015
Vickydera2:
to be very sincere. it will affect the two parties but mostly Nigerians cos many nigerians work with mtn and again here I live its only Mtn network dt is fast here. I use it to browse n download n stuffs like dt. but it is not ryt for Dem to threaten us

You also use it to insult me here on Nairaland
So I call for total shut down

1 Like

Re: Is Mtn Right In Threaten Nigerians In Nigeria #boycotmtn by sheymoni(m): 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
Mtn should go to hell
Re: Is Mtn Right In Threaten Nigerians In Nigeria #boycotmtn by redsconsult(m): 7:51pm On Apr 21, 2015
Rxpetite:
MTN did not threaten Nigeria, MTN told us the gospel truth. 6000 Nigerians are set to loose their jobs if MTN is shut down. 6000 people working in their own country. 6000 thousand people who have families to feed.
They are about to loose their jobs so that those in SA illegally can remain there. Thats just stupid.

Shutting down MTN by Nigerian government is the same as Nigeria lying on their backs and spitting at south Africa.
so lets assume a disaster happen and mtn pack up does that means its the end to those 6000 workers .theirs is not the first and wont be the last. nitel shut down, so it nigeria airways and some others does that stop nigeria from moving forward infact it will strengthen orther telecommunication giants in the country. note the downfall of a company is not the end to their workers...me
Re: Is Mtn Right In Threaten Nigerians In Nigeria #boycotmtn by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 21, 2015
Rxpetite:

That wont likely happen. MTN is just being naive. Even if disaster struck, govt wont just tell MTN to pack-up at the detriment of Nigerian workers. It doesnt happen that way. What likely would happen is a govt take over.

MTN could either be Nationalized or forced by the govt to sell all its equity to another telecom giant who (as part of a deal) would be made to retain most (if not all ) of MTN employees. Thats all!

1 Like

Re: Is Mtn Right In Threaten Nigerians In Nigeria #boycotmtn by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 21, 2015
redsconsult:
so lets assume a disaster happen and mtn pack up does that means its the end to those 6000 workers .theirs is not the first and wont be the last. nitel shut down, so it nigeria airways and some others does that stop nigeria from moving forward infact it will strengthen orther telecommunication giants in the country. note the downfall of a company is not the end to their workers...me
You sound flippant about 6000 suddenly unemployed people. If a Nigerian can loose his job to crumble SA economy, Why cant another Nigerian illegally residing in another country leave his job to save his own life by coming home?
Re: Is Mtn Right In Threaten Nigerians In Nigeria #boycotmtn by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
Maple:

That wont likely happen. MTN is just being naive. Even if disaster struck, govt wont just tell MTN to pack-up at the detriment of Nigerian workers. It doesnt happen that way. What likely would happen is a govt take over.

MTN could either be Nationalized or forced by the govt to sell all its equity to another telecom giant who (as part of a deal) would be made to retain most (if not all ) of MTN employees. Thats all!
I hope that happens. Trust me I sincerely hope that would be the case.
Re: Is Mtn Right In Threaten Nigerians In Nigeria #boycotmtn by giddy01: 8:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
redsconsult:
With the resent threat by mtn that he would be forced to close down its operation in Nigeria if the protest over xenophobic killings in south africa should continue, and that over 6000 nigerian workers will be sacked, my 2 questions for Nigeria is that

1. is it Right that Mtn will use the unemployement disadvantages in Nigeria as a good response to those protesting

2. i will like to know who will loose more in the long run if we forcefully shutdown mtn, is it the Nigerians presently working there, Nigeria Governments or Mtn itself taking into the massive investment by this company in Nigeria and the effect on the common man on the street.

MTN can go to hell for all Nigerians care. After all without Nigerians they wouldn't have gone this far. I can see MTN in an ingrate and a fool just like all south Africans including their very stupid president.
Re: Is Mtn Right In Threaten Nigerians In Nigeria #boycotmtn by bamosagie(m): 9:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
Once upon a time there was BP in Nigeria, because of apartheid the company was nationalized and it became AP.
MTN would be dumb to think history cant repeat itself with a twist.
Re: Is Mtn Right In Threaten Nigerians In Nigeria #boycotmtn by Volksfuhrer(m): 9:43pm On Apr 21, 2015
It's just dumb PR by MTN!
Re: Is Mtn Right In Threaten Nigerians In Nigeria #boycotmtn by redsconsult(m): 10:25pm On Apr 21, 2015
Rxpetite:

You sound flippant about 6000 suddenly unemployed people. If a Nigerian can loose his job to crumble SA economy, Why cant another Nigerian illegally residing in another country leave his job to save his own life by coming home?
see nigeria is a very big country and i believe another company or existing company will absorb them...better i fink nationalization of mtn is the best
Re: Is Mtn Right In Threaten Nigerians In Nigeria #boycotmtn by sherrylo: 10:32pm On Apr 21, 2015
redsconsult:
see nigeria is a very big country and i believe another company or existing company will absorb them...better i fink nationalization of mtn is the best

Gbam.

Other telecom companies waiting for approval from our govt will be like OPE OH and absorb the 6K sharp sharp

(1) (Reply)

Yuguda’s Wives Return Govt Vehicles / When Your Son Wants Flavour At His Birthday Party. Photo / Did You Know? First Lady, Aisha Buhari Was At Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.