Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,151 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu (1590 Views)

PDP: Fayose’s Utterances Have Exposed Him, Says Kashamu / See How Obasanjo Still Controls Every President. / Wole Soyinka and Obasanjo Still Exchanging Insult, See Full Insult history (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by MalcoImX: 12:06am On Apr 22, 2015
Buruji Kashamu, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) who has had a long-running battle with former president Olusegun Obasanjo, says the former president remains his father.
Kashamu, who won the senatorial seat of the Ogun east senatorial district during the parliamentary poll, has a pending N20billion libel suit against Obasanjo.
He recently accused the former president of plotting to extradite him to the United States on trumped-up charges of drug offence.
However, reacting to the criticism he got for praising Bola Tinubu as his mentor after the overwhelming performance of the All Progressives Congress (APC) at the general election, Kashamu said he still holds the former president in high esteem.
“Baba Obasanjo remains my father and leader, just as I am his son and follower,” he said in a statement issued on Tuesday.
“It is on record that no Nigerian politician has taken former president Olusegun Obasanjo to the cleaners even as a sitting president like Asiwaju Tinubu did. Yet, Chief Obasanjo forgave him.
“As a true party man, I campaigned vigorously for my party and its candidates. Now, the elections are over, and as a true sportsman, I thought I should congratulate those who won.
“For me, it is high time politicians and leaders rose above petty issues and raised the bar in constitutional democracy. We should not just be democrats in words but also in deeds. We should play politics without
bitterness.”
Kashamu further said rather than take his commendation in good light, Tinubu was directing veiled criticism at him.
“My attention has been drawn to Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s reaction to the innocuous congratulatory messages that I sent to him and other leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
“First, I must say that I doubt if the statement was approved by him. However, if it was, I must state that I am taken aback by the unwarranted attacks against me as if we were still campaigning. It is unbecoming of someone of his stature and calibre.
“He accused me of purchasing my election with money, the appropriate forum to prove that is the election petitions tribunal and not the pages of newspaper.
“On the US case, I wish to state for the umpteenth time that the United States, as the bastion of democracy and the rule of law, would not lend itself to any form of abuse of the fundamental human rights of an innocent soul, especially one that has been arrested, tried and freed by its most trusted ally – the United Kingdom.
“I am not running from any trial. All I have asked is for the relevant parties to follow due process – if they believe that I yet have a case to answer.
“I believe in the supremacy of the almighty Allah who frustrates the signs of liars and makes fools of diviners, who turns wise men back and makes their knowledge foolish. He is the ultimate decider of the fate of all mortals. When He says yes, no man can say no and when He says no, no man can say yes!”
|
http://www.thecable.ng/obasanjo-still-father-says-kashamu
Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by MalcoImX: 12:07am On Apr 22, 2015
I take it to mean you're afraid of the man. Why not beg him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by Hope15: 12:09am On Apr 22, 2015
This soft tone no dey catch OBJ o!

Better go prostrate.....and confess your sin. period.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by theV0ice: 12:15am On Apr 22, 2015
i don begin pity this man.....honestly cry cry

which kain yawa be dis??

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by okotv(m): 12:23am On Apr 22, 2015
Caught between the devil (OBJ) and the deep blue sea(tinubu). Figuratively please. I can't imagine the guys situation as those two political heavyweights are still in control in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by drtwist(m): 12:26am On Apr 22, 2015
APC planning to play witch hunt politics , dey should get ready for the repercussions

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by Nobody: 12:28am On Apr 22, 2015
Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by theV0ice: 12:45am On Apr 22, 2015
drtwist:
APC planning to play witch hunt polities , dey should get ready for the reperculture

it's 'politics' and 'repercussion' my friend grin

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by Bright4(m): 12:52am On Apr 22, 2015
Ur political sufferness no go get part2.
Jst pity ur mama, coz I knw d woman wella.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by Nobody: 12:54am On Apr 22, 2015
drtwist:
APC planning to play witch hunt polities , dey should get ready for the reperculture

Apc as acn have been wrongly witch-hunted for several years and withstood the heat. Now that they are trying to do the right thing with power at the center, you say they are witch hunting. If wrongdoers being made to suffer adequately for their crimes is your definition of witch-hunt politics, I totally support and believe that several well meaning nigerians endorse that kind of politics too.

Sai APC!!

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by reborn1: 1:00am On Apr 22, 2015
drtwist:

Not only reperculture but repertradition cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by FastShipping: 1:28am On Apr 22, 2015
drtwist:

Yeeeeeeee! Mogbe o! grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by Eshinwaju: 1:30am On Apr 22, 2015
drtwist:

serious matter..... grin REPERCULTURE AND POLITIES. I am leaving NL.... grin

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by Elnino4ladies: 3:05am On Apr 22, 2015
I pity this man tho!
Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by jaybee3(m): 6:01am On Apr 22, 2015
theV0ice:

Meanieeeeeee

Lol

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by testarossa: 6:10am On Apr 22, 2015
Obasanjo did not forgive Tinubu, obj switched lanes. Sorry you are on the wrong ship, he has nothing to gain from you, except your case and there would be no "reperculture" , oops , I mean repercussion

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by Pavore9: 6:14am On Apr 22, 2015
It ain't easy being Kashamu right now, The sweat his body is now producing will be over 10 litres per hour! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by dridowu: 6:25am On Apr 22, 2015
What a pity this man will represent my constituency . If truly he is clean of all the allegation, then he should hand over himself to the relevant america authority for investigation
Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by sayyid(m): 6:26am On Apr 22, 2015
e beta go n prostrate infront of Obasanjo to beg for forgiveness
abeg wen did Obj born a pikin called Kashamu?
Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by omenka(m): 7:08am On Apr 22, 2015
drtwist:
This has gotta be the skipper of Dundee United, Kotongora.

Smh.
Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by omenka(m): 7:10am On Apr 22, 2015
sayyid:
e beta go n prostrate infront of Obasanjo to beg for forgiveness
abeg wen did Obj born a pikin called Kashamu?
If Obj couldn't reconcile with his godson, Jonathan, even though he attended the niece's wedding, I see no reason why he would wanna touch Kashamu with a 50feet pole.
Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by efilefun(m): 7:11am On Apr 22, 2015
Na by force? they all denying you.... You better face your charges alone and go spend your tenure in the prison "Senator Elewon"
Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by sheymoni(m): 9:57am On Apr 22, 2015
Kashamu should be paying courtesy visit to prison. He should familiarise himself to what life looks like in prison
Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by MalcoImX: 10:06am On Apr 22, 2015
efilefun:
Na by force? they all denying you.... You better face your charges alone and go spend your tenure in the prison "Senator Elewon"
Mr man sofry sofry now! In Africa we don't hit a man who is trying to balance himself.
Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by san316(m): 11:07am On Apr 22, 2015
Sorry arse niccuh. Wants to patronize the great political juggernauts
Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by drtwist(m): 1:31pm On May 14, 2015
theV0ice:

My friend special thanks, other have been laugh at me,,,,,,not pointing to my error like you did . Just learn my mistake
Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by sammyj: 2:21pm On May 14, 2015
OBJ will be your father in USA jail when you are extradited Shikena !!! grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo Still My Father, Says Kashamu by theV0ice: 3:40pm On May 14, 2015
drtwist:

My friend special thanks, other have been laugh at me,,,,,,not pointing to my error like you did . Just learn my mistake

Cheers grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Fuel Crisis - Why I Blame Gej By Onyebuchi Ememanka. / SSS Used Israeli Company To Plant Spy Bugs All Over Aso Villa / Video: Scuffles Between APC Members For Senate Positions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.