Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,163 members, 7,860,166 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:09 AM

Father Mother Honor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Father Mother Honor (670 Views)

Why You Should Honor God’s Ministers / Pastor Indeed: See How Osinbajo Neglected His Father, Mother And Family(photo) / Memorial Service In Honor Of God's General - Apostle T.O Obadare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Father Mother Honor by shinatownj(m): 12:50am On Feb 01, 2009
I am certain that you have at one time or the another heard the statement "honor your father and your mother, ".Well i heard those same words in a sermon by my pastor, Poju Oyemade recently, and i got a fresh new insight into the meaning of the and i will gladly share it with you.

It is actually the fifth of the 10 commandments God gave to the Israelite s and humankind through Moses in the wilderness after coming out of Egypt. One important point to note is that it is the only commandment that has a promise attached to it!!! In full,it states "honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you"(Exodus 20:12). Did i hear someone say wholesome promise?i totally agree with you.

I believe the promise is easy to understand but the condition for the promise is what i am actually blabbing sorry blogging about and i want to ask; who is my father and my mother? I will want to look at this question from two viewpoints

* Actual father and mother and any other person older than you
    * Anyone who gives you a headstart in life.
to read more on father mother honor pls check out www.bluelawal..com
Re: Father Mother Honor by princekevo(m): 5:40am On Feb 01, 2009
nice one mate

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Resurrection ? / Kumuyi Loses Wife. / Allahu Akbar Polyphonic Mp3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.