Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,646 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. (13892 Views)

A Call To Boycot MTN/GLO Sim Re-verification / Thugs Attack & Beat Up Channels TV Cameraman Covering Osun Workers Clash (Pic) / Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by khassy(m): 12:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
aregbe do something
Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by Kolade354(m): 12:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
dunkem21:

Examples of the states, abeg.

Benue(Pdp) Kogi(pdp).
Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by Emmahunk(m): 12:26pm On Apr 22, 2015
Osun State Government should please wake up to it's responsibilities. Children are going back to school for God's sake
Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by MacluvPH(m): 12:27pm On Apr 22, 2015
BUHARI MY MAN,WIKE MY MENTOR
Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by Kolade354(m): 12:27pm On Apr 22, 2015
Aregbesola you are doom cum 2019 APC will find it difficult to retain osun-state...................This is pure wickedness 6 month bth pensioner and workers were not given a dime.
Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by ojosegun2011(m): 12:27pm On Apr 22, 2015
Dem no know anything. Dem go hear wein, who no know go know, who sabi go peme. Dem never start, when Aregbe brings tax, dem go John Benson.

6 Likes

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by Mufasa27(m): 12:28pm On Apr 22, 2015
dem just start
Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by successking: 12:34pm On Apr 22, 2015
This is the change you asked for, so why complaining? Ogbeni carry go joorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

7 Likes

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by Ahmeduana(m): 12:34pm On Apr 22, 2015
PassingShot:

Forget about a handful of the people who are divisionary and see the bigger picture. They are found in every tribe and region.

Most of the times I ignore them.
you ignore
Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by PassingShot(m): 12:34pm On Apr 22, 2015
Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by Ahmeduana(m): 12:35pm On Apr 22, 2015
PassingShot:

Forget about a handful of the people who are divisionary and see the bigger picture. They are found in every tribe and region.

Most of the times I ignore them.
you ignore?
Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by PassingShot(m): 12:35pm On Apr 22, 2015
Ahmeduana:

you ignore

Prove me wrong please.
Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by pistol: 12:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
No more Osun is the state with the highest GDP.
No more we are builing the airport with the longest runway.
No more opn Imo
No more cocoyam lunch for school children.
Haha
Lies cannot take you to anywhere.
Sooner or later,reality must set in

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by reborn1: 12:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
cktheluckyman:

In other words you are caling Ngerdelta oil as no man's oli abi? but if we call lagos no mans land,all hell abi all lagoon would be let loose

Is the SW Ondo state not part of naija delta. What are you talking about?
Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by reborn1: 12:41pm On Apr 22, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Thank you but the way most Yorubas write on this forum you would think that they don't need Nigeria, alas, the only state that can stand without support from sales of crude oil is Lagos which was collectively built by all Nigerians.

For the bold part, please extend this mindset to the cosmopolitan Lagos which was jointly built. I believe in mutual respect and urge all my people to do same

Anyways, I don't want to dabble into some funny things but I wish about 10% of your people could reason like you; things would be much better.

The Yorubas cannot claim to have solely developed Lagos otherwise they would have done same in the other five SW states so also the Igbos, otherwise they would have built another Lagos in the East by now.

Lies. No one said Lagos was developed solely by the Yorubas, its your Ibo brothers that said they developed Lagos and its no man's land. Stop trying to twist it abeg.
Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by dunkem21(m): 12:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
Kolade354:
Benue(Pdp) Kogi(pdp).

They've not been paid since this year
Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by godoluwa(m): 12:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
literarymathy:
Rauf you must imitate Fayose ooo. Give them RICE! If possible tell your wife to cook it, put it in a cooler then serve it out yourself.
but Fayose iz not owing salaries like Aregbe. Ajimobi is also owing workers & pry schl pensioner{since2011}. Ajimobi's wife is the one dat distrubuted cooked rice packaged inside disposable plates & distributed @oje market & agodi gate market respectively. APC IS A SCAM! Time will tell

6 Likes

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by godoluwa(m): 12:46pm On Apr 22, 2015
pistol:
No more Osun is the state with the highest GDP.
No more we are builing the airport with the longest runway.
No more opn Imo
No more cocoyam lunch for school children.
Haha
Lies cannot take you to anywhere.
Sooner or later,reality must set in
RAUFU ADESOJI AREGBESOLA IS A SCAM!

4 Likes

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by Olanireti(m): 12:47pm On Apr 22, 2015
This is so unfortunate for the governor. For crying out loud, what does he want people to be eating? They have no other businesses, and yet no payment going to 6 months now. That's very bad. Will he tell me allocation is not coming at all for the past 6 months? Tinubu and all APC leaders will not come to people's aid now, when election is coming, they will now come down to the state to campaign for people. As much as i prefer Apc governance cause of the performances in every state they govern, i don't support when workers are starved. Very bad

1 Like

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by lanremi: 12:51pm On Apr 22, 2015
literarymathy:
Rauf you must imitate Fayose ooo. Give them RICE! If possible tell your wife to cook it, put it in a cooler then serve it out yourself.
he should also imitate former governor fayemi by serving cooked rice with his wife to the people in ekiti.
smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by OkuDiOver1(f): 12:52pm On Apr 22, 2015
The level of poverty here is too high. I pity them

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by PPAngel(f): 12:55pm On Apr 22, 2015
tHe day these fools in Osun go get sense is the day they stop being illiterate muslim fanatic tribal goats

Till then Aregbe continue to dey chop their money nothing wey dem fit do

t

7 Likes

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by lanremi: 12:55pm On Apr 22, 2015
AnambraDota:
Labour unions in Osun State have agreed to boycott
the activities to mark the 2015 May Day due to the
non-payment of five months’ salaries by the state
government.

The factional Chairman of the Trade Union Congress,
Mr. Francis Adetunji, said this in an interview with
our correspondent in Osogbo on Tuesday.
He said that this was the agreement reached by
labour leaders, saying workers would stay away from
the May Day celebration which holds on May 1 every
year.

Adetunji said, “ No May Day celebration this year.
That is the decision of the entire workers in Osun
State. We cannot be celebrating when workers have
not been paid a dime since the beginning of the
year.

“The last salary we were paid was part-payment of
November salary. Since then, we have not collected
any salary. We will not celebrate the May Day
because our salaries are not paid.”

The TUC factional chairman also debunked the claim
in some quarters that the refusal of Governor Rauf
Aregbesola to approve the budget proposal for the
Workers’ Day celebration prompted his call on
workers to go on the three-day warning strike last
week.

He said, “There was nothing like that. We did not
present any budget before the government
concerning Workers’ Day.

The only request we want to make to the governor is
that he should look for money by all means and pay
workers.

“ We are hungry. I am very serious, our workers are
very hungry and only those who are close to workers
will know the severity of this hunger.”

He said that the governor invited labour leaders to a
meeting which was supposed to have held on
Monday but labour leaders postponed the meeting
because of the preparations for the election of state
officials of the Nigeria Labour Congress coming up on
Thursday April 23.

Adetunji scored Aregbesola administration high in
infrastructural development but said the governor
should do something urgently to redeem his image
among the workers because of the irregular payment
of workers’ salaries which according to him started
since after the August 2014 governorship election.

www.punchng.com/business/appointments-management/osun-workers-to-boycott-may-day-celebration/
are they not the one that voted for him? them don enter one chance them never see anything

3 Likes

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by HzRF(m): 12:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
Lol sum pple are begging aregbe to pay
I swear d thug cum gov no care
His cuba-made juju is still connecting with iliiterates at 1GB /SEC
Those illiterate are happy DAT he's not paying u hear them saying wen they pay dem who will dey tell" yet their goods are wasting away nobody wan buy

In Osun we are enjoying our change
Ni ipinle Osun mugu ni most of us

4 Likes

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
reborn1:

Lies. No one said Lagos was developed solely by the Yorubas, its your Ibo brothers that said they developed Lagos and its no man's land. Stop trying to twist it abeg.

Lagos is a Yoruba land and will always remain so; the ownership of Lagos is not subject to any debate but I appeal to the Yorubas to appreciate the contribution of other ethnic groups in developing the state to what it is today. It is not right to tell a fellow citizen that you are 'accommodating' him and asking him to return to his region. It is also not okay calling a Yorubaland a no-man's-land.

Let us drop all these tribal sentiments and move forward please.

5 Likes

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 22, 2015
Olanireti:
This is so unfortunate for the governor. For crying out loud, what does he want people to be eating? They have no other businesses, and yet no payment going to 6 months now. That's very bad. Will he tell me allocation is not coming at all for the past 6 months? Tinubu and all APC leaders will not come to people's aid now, when election is coming, they will now come down to the state to campaign for people. As much as i prefer Apc governance cause of the performances in every state they govern, i don't support when workers are starved. Very bad

Meanwhile, Aregbesola and his aides have been receiving their salaries... embarassed. I smh.

1 Like

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by Kedam(m): 12:59pm On Apr 22, 2015
Civil servants are the most unfortunate ones during his rule when it comes to being payed. They will be lieing that federal government no pay or that the state allocation have been reduced.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by PPAngel(f): 1:00pm On Apr 22, 2015
successking:
This is the change you asked for, so why complaining? Ogbeni carry go joorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Abioooh

Osun is the least educated state in southern Nigeria.

I like how their foolishness and typical Yoruba bad belle and jealousy has blinded them in not seeing who their real enemies.

Aregbe chop their money

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by reborn1: 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Lagos is a Yoruba land and will always remain so; the ownership of Lagos is not subject to any debate but I appeal to the Yorubas to appreciate the contribution of other ethnic groups in developing the state to what it is today. It is not right to tell a fellow citizen that you are 'accommodating' him and asking him to return to his region. It is also not okay calling a Yorubaland a no-man's-land.

Let us drop all these tribal sentiments and move forward please.

Yoruba always return the slogan of go back to your village when your brothers shout that Lagos is no man's land. Why are there no argument with Hausa, Edos and other tribes in Lagos. Why Ibos alone? It shows they are the one singing the no man's land song. Yorubas are peaceful people and reason they call us coward, there are more Ibos and other tribes in Kano as well so its not Lagos alone. Thanks sir.
Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by ajebuter(f): 1:02pm On Apr 22, 2015
Una just start..

Hunger never wire you...

Eat your CHANGE and BROOM

Rabbish

8 Likes

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by Frankiss44(m): 1:02pm On Apr 22, 2015
Kedam:
Civil servants are the most unfortunate ones during his rule when it comes to being payed. They will be lieing that federal government no pay or that the state allocation have been reduced.

Yet they keep voting for him...... if there is a new election in osun state today, the fools will still vote for him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Workers To Boycot Mayday Celebration Because Of Hunger. by reborn1: 1:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
PPAngel:

Abioooh

Osun is the least educated state in southern Nigeria.

I like how their foolishness and typical Yoruba bad belle and jealousy has blinded them in not seeing who their real enemies.

Aregbe chop their money

You are a lady and throwing insult like this, na wao. Osun people are not crying to you so why calling them foolish. Do you have any evidence to prove that they are the least educated in Southern Nigeria?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

funny pictures from zimbabwe currency crisis(pics). / Anambra Youths Rally For Free And Fair Election / Senate Condemns 2018 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.